Takk

Why XRP is now the best blockchain investment of 2017

I thought it would be a good idea to talk about why xrp could be the best blockchain currency investment of 2017. 

The biggest news at the moment is this. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/03/01/japanese-banks-plan-to-adopt-blockchain-for-payments.html  XRP is now very firmly established as the first mover to launch a realworld working product in the banking sector. 

But, there are so many other things in the works this year for Ripple.  SBI and Kraken bringing better exchanges to Asia.   Bitgo creating a new XRP wallet. 1,000 transactions per second vs Ethereum's 15 and bitcoin's 7.  

I just felt there should be a page to highlight all of the good news and people's thoughts on what this year could mean for XRP and the larger blockchain community. 

Edited by Takk

my bets for this year in rough order of potential winnage (from a purely short-term profit pov):

1. zerp

2. iota

3. eth classic

4. augur

5. lisk

6. ethereum (still got legs!)

7. btc

8. stellar (rly!)

9. decent

10. dfinity

also in 2017/18 look out for: any interesting fintech stocks you can scoop up; fintech startup equity; crypto-coin hedge/tracker type funds 

finally, as fallbacks: USD; copper (trump/infrastructure boom); organic/hip food/agri or food-tech; drone, solar/micro-renewables, water, AI, LED co's; etc etc -- think BIG and eco-fundamentals

i think zerp's also good longer term bur watch for the massive pump this year from japan news (prob go to a penny) & then keep an eye on M2M economy

Edited by zerpdigger

Guest plutopark

zerpdigger - Don't forget Silver!

Edited by plutopark

Why is ethereum classic your #3?  From what I've read, ETC management is kinda lost and their support has grown fewer.  I read about it here : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/knives-come-out-in-ethereum-classic-etc-land/ so bear with me - I don't know much about ETC.  These guys could be entirely wrong too, I'd just like to hear your perspective on why it has value.  

Edited by my1xy

8 hours ago, my1xy said:

Why is ethereum classic your #3?  From what I've read, ETC management is kinda lost and their support has grown fewer.  I read about it here : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/knives-come-out-in-ethereum-classic-etc-land/ so bear with me - I don't know much about ETC.  These guys could be entirely wrong too, I'd just like to hear your perspective on why it has value. 

Sure thing.

Currently its mid/long-term "fundamentals" are terrible... from a serious analytical perspective it's crap, really. But... the coin market doesn't work like this; and ETC is possibly at a low point that actually came down sharply with the lack of support/interest, as you say, which for me with enough hype/marketing behind it means it can shoot up easily to $3-4.

It won't go crazy high above that since speculators want their lost money back!

EDIT: also, don't underestimate the Shillbert:D

again, usual caveats -- might be wrong etc etc

Edited by zerpdigger

12 hours ago, Droopy said:

I was buying BTC in the $300's because it was so low.

I was buying most of my BTC when it was $200-$220 (something even below) because I felt good about it's future. The bottom was clearly in and it was charging for another bull cycle. And 95% of all that value is currently in XRP...

11 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

Sure thing.

Currently its mid/long-term "fundamentals" are terrible... from a serious analytical perspective it's crap, really. But... the coin market doesn't work like this; and ETC is possibly at a low point that actually came down sharply with the lack of support/interest, as you say, which for me with enough hype/marketing behind it means it can shoot up easily to $3-4.

It won't go crazy high above that since speculators want their lost money back!

EDIT: also, don't underestimate the Shillbert:D

again, usual caveats -- might be wrong etc etc

Thanks for this.  Appreciate.  What are your thoughts on LSK, AUGUR, and Stellar?  I know stellar seems to be a pretty sore spot on this forum, and people tend to not like it.  I also think they've really clowned their whole thing up, and it seems like this Jeb guy is problematic.  Any reason in particular you think it will bounce?  Another cyclical crypto-market reaction I suppose?