Sign in to follow this  
jabit

Price potential of XRP

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, musclehog said:

Not aggressive just think you’re a fud account. Or 14

and of course your entitled to your opinion. 

But is rich coming from you who thinks he’s Fred Durst. Each to there own.

Edited by BarryPotter

3 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

It actually depends on the price elasticity of the demand...

Yes, but the market has shown there is no way demand for XRP is elastic enough to overcome the massive difference in supply. 

4 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Yes, but the market has shown there is no way demand for XRP is elastic enough to overcome the massive difference in supply. 

Yep, the actual speculative demand. Just hope a future utility demand will overcome this problem.

Posted (edited)

Even if XRP becomes key currency (bridge currency) of minor currency of one country, it is too little with 100 billion XRP.
There are 180 currencies in the world.
Most of them are minor currencies.

If the exchange efficiency of minor currency exchange rate goes up, the number of holders will increase by hundreds of millions.
If the demand for minor currency increases, it will interact with the major currency.
The demand will be infinite because it is bound with the real demand.
Over time, many people notice. XRP will be one of the most important inventions of humanity.

The most expensive of the bank's international remittance fee breakdown is the exchange fee.It is high enough in major currencies but becomes increasingly expensive in minor currencies.
I think that the only way to improve it is to use the small spread that cryptocurrency has.
There are wide spreads when the banks exchange money.Banks can not eventually win the exchange of cryptocurrencies.
Money transfer using xRapid will begin. Cheap remittance routes will surely increase.
And, XRP exerts a network effect and starts to show power as key currency.

I am not talking about delusions. Because XRP already has the third largest market capitalization in cryptocurrency.

What I am talking about will be accomplished naturally over time.XRP solves the actual exchange fee problem.

Edited by jabit

3 minutes ago, jabit said:

Even if XRP becomes key currency (bridge currency) of minor currency of one country, it is too little with 100 billion XRP.
There are 180 currencies in the world.
Most of them are minor currencies.

If the exchange efficiency of minor currency exchange rate goes up, the number of holders will increase by hundreds of millions.
If the demand for minor currency increases, it will interact with the major currency.
The demand will be infinite because it is bound with the real demand.
Over time, many people notice. XRP will be one of the most important inventions of humanity.

The most expensive of the bank's international remittance fee breakdown is the exchange fee.It is high enough in major currencies but becomes increasingly expensive in minor currencies.
I think that the only way to improve it is to use the small spread that cryptocurrency has.
There are wide spreads when the banks exchange money.Banks can not eventually win the exchange of cryptocurrencies.
Money transfer using xRapid will begin. Cheap remittance routes will surely increase.
And, XRP exerts a network effect and starts to show power as key currency.

I am not talking about delusions. Because XRP already has the third largest market capitalization in cryptocurrency.

What I am talking about will be accomplished naturally over time.

So I imagine if this happens, the demand this creates will be the factor that drives up price?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BarryPotter said:

So I imagine if this happens, the demand this creates will be the factor that drives up price?

I think prices will rise. Development and diffusion will take some time.
XRP will be used to exchange all assets including the Fiat currency. People can exchange for many assets just by having XRP.
Naturally, there is a great demand for tools, vehicles and assets that can improve the real problem.

It is the same even with currency.

Edited by jabit

Can’t imagine something created out of thin air can replace the real money.

But they did say humans can never visit the moon. You live long enough you see everything......

who knows, maybe in the next 10 years we all get nuked and back to trading animal skins for food......

“Time is a flat circle” Rust Cohle

5 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

But they did say humans can never visit the moon. You live long enough you see everything......

who knows, maybe in the next 10 years we all get nuked and back to trading animal skins for food......

Fiat is created out of thin air....

Just now, Guybrush said:

Fiat is created out of thin air....

yep....rocks in the early days has utility value, skins, etc.....these non technical folks that doubt that XRP can be a currency with legitimacy is beyond absurd.  

In todays world,  people get direct deposit from work, then auto pay bills, and use a small chip on a plastic card to spend....all while never seeing the cash that it "represents"....reality is, I don't care if I get paid from work in chickens as long as chickens have value, and I can use a convenient method to send and receive with my local places of business with-out carrying around chickens....I see no difference.  

I work I get paid and I spend...often go MONTHS without every seeing or using cash.

18 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

XRP is not thin air. XRP is an asset that solves real problems. 
There is real demand to solve the real problem.

However, if the space station (eco system) has only limited air, that air is valuable.

Similarly, XRP is limited in quantity in the ecosystem.:D

7 minutes ago, jabit said:

XRP is not thin air. XRP is an asset that solves real problems. 
There is real demand to solve the real problem.

However, if the space station (eco system) has only limited air, that air is valuable.

Similarly, XRP is limited in quantity in the ecosystem.:D

So is 100 billion coins actually classed as a limited supply with regard to what xrp is trying to achieve?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BarryPotter said:

So is 100 billion coins actually classed as a limited supply with regard to what xrp is trying to achieve?

I think that XRP supply is needed to reduce volatility in the long run.Currency with too much volatility will soon be at its limit of growth.

If cryptocurrency can reduce volatility, I think there will be demand for trading, ordinary life, corporate services, currency exchange on travel, etc.

That is, I think any demand will occur.

In order to generate real demand, I think the supply of XRP was necessary.

Edited by jabit

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BarryPotter said:

Yes, but Ripple, R3 and other members of the XRP ecosystem have all sort of targets about what they want to achieve. XRP might get monopolistic, they might get a share, they might fail.  Each one of the following could eat up the total supply:

Cross border settlements

Trade and Purchases in retail and commodities

Derivatives

Streamed Micropayments

Smart contracts

Investment portfolios

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

Yep, the actual speculative demand. Just hope a future utility demand will overcome this problem.

Actually, utility demand wouldn’t overcome the problem either. You are confusing movement along the demand curve with shifts in the demand curve. They behave very differently and have very different effects. The fact that there will be 100 billion XRP versus 21 million of bitcoin and similar amounts of other coins has a massive price difference affect on XRP.

Sign in to follow this