mitchlang009

No Account/Transactions on testnet.data.api.ripple.com

I am submitting transactions to https://s.altnet.rippletest.net:51234 using this account: rwXyn2XHyJXdzXRRrovrq7Ff82gvwjjrNy

I can see the transactions on Bithomp: https://test.bithomp.com/explorer/rwXyn2XHyJXdzXRRrovrq7Ff82gvwjjrNy

But not on https://testnet.data.api.ripple.com/v2/accounts/rwXyn2XHyJXdzXRRrovrq7Ff82gvwjjrNy/

Am I missing something? Where does Bithomp get testnet data?

Probably the Ripple operated API server is not up to date or just wrong.

I recommend operating your own rippled server and using it if you need a reliable/trustworthy source for actual on-ledger data.

6 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Probably the Ripple operated API server is not up to date or just wrong.

I recommend operating your own rippled server and using it if you need a reliable/trustworthy source for actual on-ledger data.

Gotcha, I've been putting this off but I guess it's time.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hey @mitchlang009 we also provide the ability to monitor any network of choice. Simply set the rippled URI to look at here! Also you can issue new transactions against the test net by creating an account here, setting the Key/URI in the settings, and submitting the corresponding form here!

</shameless-self-promo>

Edited by devnullprod

2 hours ago, devnullprod said:

Hey @mitchlang009 we also provide the ability to monitor any network of choice. Simply set the rippled URI to look at here! Also you can issue new transactions against the test net by creating an account here, setting the Key/URI in the settings, and submitting the corresponding form here!

Thanks @devnullprod, this will be very useful! Just so you know, I did have an issue opening the links in Chrome but they worked in Firefox, something to do with a WebSocket.

6 hours ago, mitchlang009 said:

Thanks @devnullprod, this will be very useful! Just so you know, I did have an issue opening the links in Chrome but they worked in Firefox, something to do with a WebSocket.

Hrm weird, I use both Firefox and Chrome to test the site and everything seems to work locally (famous last words right!)

Mind if I ask what platform you are testing this on, maybe I can try to clone your env.

Thanks for letting us know!

6 minutes ago, devnullprod said:

Hrm weird, I use both Firefox and Chrome to test the site and everything seems to work locally (famous last words right!)

Mind if I ask what platform you are testing this on, maybe I can try to clone your env.

Thanks for letting us know!

So kind of weird but it seems to work in Incognito mode.  I'm on macOS 10.14.4 and Chrome 74.0.3729.131.  I am signed into my google account in the screenshot on the left.826935431_ScreenShot2019-05-22at9_37_22PM.thumb.png.83a5ea05dfc7bd063b68303ce3deaf8a.png