How many others Do not know anyone invested in crypto

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is electronieum  ?

I know a couple of people who invested small amounts during the 2017 bull run (major crypto only). They all think it is a scam by now. 

I know one. But he bought after I told him I did. Don't know if he still hold though. On another note: I have a conference in 2 weeks, which is organized by my local business club. 3 topics:

I know quite a few people who have crypto but I wouldn't say they are invested. Most have bought a few hundred dollars worth of this or that and don't really have high expectations. They figure if it skyrockets, awesome. If it gives minimal returns, it's better than their savings account. If it goes bust, whatever. 

Very few follow news or prices. For most, it's a Hail Mary or nothing. 

Edited by Guest

There are very few people who own coins directly, but the number is slightly bigger if you add in derivatives like ETF's or ETN that are directly tied to BTC.

I have a few friends who were too lazy to do the whole wallet thing who just bought ETF's instead.

Edited by Warg
10 hours ago, Capone said:
10 hours ago, Kpuff said:

I know one couple that invested 11000$ into electronieum in November 2017. I don’t know if they are still in the space or not. 

What the hell is electronieum  ?

It's one of many cryptonote variants, with the unique feature of simulated mining on your phone. That alone will be enough to make you fall about laughing at the stupidity of some speculators, but it gets worse.

11 hours ago, peanut56 said:

I can say I do not know anyone that has invested in any crypto. I was wondering how many others in here are in the same boat?

Yeah, we all are interested in the influx of new money. But the fact is, 30-40% of my acquaintances invested into bitcoin during the 2017 bull run (no, I didn't agitate them, and they are not in IT or finance). All of them are disappointed. They are blaming themselves and treating bitcoin as a scam or Ponzi scheme now. This fact has a great influence on their social circle, so I don't see, where new money could possibly come from.

Edited by longhodler

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just trying to understand if my position was an anomaly or the norm. Now I know my only xrp friends on a website called xrpchat. In a way I think there should be some  long term comfort considering who ripple is working with, along with the fact that most of us do not a single person within our immediate social circles that are invested, therefore early AF maybe a great description of our position. The unfortunate part is the wait.

It was probably somewhere around 10 people, late in 2017.  I don't know anyone who invested earlier than Fall of 2017, including myself.  Half of them are gone and say they will never be back.  None of us are in the Tech industry.

I got three new people to do their own research, and they bought XRP recently.  I am holding unofficial custody of XRP as Christmas presents for a couple people as well.