zerpener

“Past, Present and future of the International Monetary System” - Brad Garlinghouse Presents at Swiss National Bank conference

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

So ripple get invited to that meeting, with the imf and all the central banks...and w are still trading at 38cents.

was there an other crypto startups / fintexhs there?

honestly stuff like this makes me wonder if I’m going mental...how the hell is xrp 38 fecking cence.

The meeting was today, and no media channel seems to have caught it yet.

Hmm, loks like it was on the 14th of may. Weird that no one caught it.

Edited by mandelbaum

Of course no one caught it. I'm guessing here but as an asset class matures, in this case the digital and bridge asset class, it's the same type of protocol on a quarterly sector research report from a major financial institution, after the fact. Maybe it's a few days or a few months. 

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Crypto trading started out as a closed community with anarchist values.  It purposely wanted to exclude the involvement of institutions.  Only a year ago you had to buy BTC on unregulated exchanges in order to buy XRP.  The values of that inheritance still dominates the bubble universe that still fixes the prices of crypto assets.   

Gradually the opportunity to invest in Crypto is opening up, and as it opens real world values will supplant the old ones.  Be patient and don't take too much notice of prices now because they do not reflect the prices of the future.

Well said! This might be the best state of affairs of this market that I've read.

excited the ultimate warrior GIF by WWE

Ok , so we have Brad speaking with the Swiss National Bank Foundation and Christine Lagarde (IMF President) also present , no other Fintech providers there. :dthinking:  As you can tell I'm not that impressed and quite relaxed about the whole thing. 

@zerpener great first post , keep postiņg :hi:

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LiquidGoat said:

So ripple get invited to that meeting, with the imf and all the central banks...and w are still trading at 38cents.

honestly stuff like this makes me wonder if I’m going mental...how the hell is xrp 38 fecking cence.

Ask JK. I guess he thinks 30 cents is good price

Edited by AlvaroXRP

7 hours ago, LiquidGoat said:

That's exactly why XRP isn't increasing in value. XRP is a bankster scamcoin.

2 minutes ago, stickmonster said:

I'm not sure he answered that last question so well?

Yep, the answer itself wasn’t that good, it seems he wasn’t prepared for such an open question. A run for DAs was the best he could say without shilling xrp.