Good work as always Hodor.
This will serve the inevitable influx of information hungry, fresh-faced crypto virgins very well indeed.

It almost makes me jealous that newcomers get to walk the path of XRP discovery at this stage.
It'll be like being able to binge watch the first few seasons of a box set in full, instead of watching weekly and being drip fed the story :popcorn1:

10 minutes ago, BluKoo said:

being able to binge watch the first few seasons of a box set in full

Wow I love that analogy.  I have a relative that i'm trying to talk into watching GOT from season 1. 

I'm jealous because the only episode I haven't seen is going to be the one this Sunday.  :)

Posted (edited)

This is unusual as it is an introduction for the tech savvy and people willing to push themselves into a deeper understanding of the mechanics behind XRP versus BTC and ETH.  Great for a fund manager wanting to make a presentation to his board about entering the crypto market, maybe very hard for a busy family with a day job outside computing and with children to look after in the evening.  Good for people like me too.  I learnt a lot.  (I had not appreciated how channels extend scalability). 

The huge rise in BTC relative to XRP is a big demonstration of the stupidity/lack of understanding of the average crypto investor who have been misled by the Bitmax cannon cretins.  Galgitron got it right, BTC broke its neck in 2017 on the scalability problem, and pods of over-invested whales are waiting for a good exit points.  The crypto world needs to understand why BTC is a dud technology that can never be made into something functional or used as a "store of value".  Newbies fall again and again for this clap trap because they have not grasped the basics. 

I have a lot to catch up on. I still have not seen an episode of Star Wars, Breaking Bad, The Lord of the Rings (although I loved the books when I was 16) or GoT.  But I watch a huge amount of junk TV whilst studying drawing every evening, so I expect I will get to them one day.

........and thanks again Hodor for another educational blog.  There is an awful lot more to discuss, for instance Stefan Thomas, Founder & CEO, Coil gives an experiential summary  of why the architecture of modern blockchain will supercede early blockchain (BTC and ETH) 

To make the right investment decision we have to be prepared to dig deep and detach ourselves from the crowd.

Edited by Julian_Williams

3 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Oh wow, we can trigger a lot of people on Twitter with this image. :sarcastic:

The other decentralization images are mine, but that one is not! 

If you think that triggers Bitcoin maxi's then you need to read the original document here (authored by @JoelKatz - David Schwartz) : https://ripple.com/insights/the-inherently-decentralized-nature-of-xrp-ledger/

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

But I watch a huge amount of junk TV whilst studying drawing every evening

Fascinating hearing this and knowing the intense quality of your work!  I also like to do "two things at once;" it has a very strange, creative effect on the brain sometimes. 

And yes - my goal is to whittle that intro down to size and put a very small, compact version of it on Coil soon with some bonus content.  :JC_coffee2:

Always a great read @Hodor

Im entering day five of a small five day government-VC-innovation symposium in DC today. We talked about blockchain yesterday during an IBM presentation and it was amazing to me how naive everyone was on this topic.

Everyone had heard of BTC but weren’t sure about the capabilities in terms of usage, benefit and least of all potential for personal opportunity. And these are highly educated, very successful people from mid 20s to probably late 50s.

I’ll have everyone’s email today and forward them this link to your Introduction on XRP. The pump is primed so now it’s time to educate. Many thanks for what you do! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Fascinating hearing this and knowing the intense quality of your work!  I also like to do "two things at once;" it has a very strange, creative effect on the brain sometimes. 

And yes - my goal is to whittle that intro down to size and put a very small, compact version of it on Coil soon with some bonus content.  :JC_coffee2:

OT - but hey fun to tell people about the eccentric processes I use for learning (which is the subject of the OP). 

Learning is about harnessing and enabling the self organising processes of the mind.  I am not multi tasking,  I am watching programs with lots of moving faces and trying to make structured drawings that capture the facial features as they constantly move and change direction.  I am asking the brain to do knowledge building that will become deep, detailed and structured.    It is a "deliberate" (a buzz word) learning process designed to throw up the mistakes, force the mind to work from mental structural simulations and expose shoddy assumptions of the mind.   I am always looking for the weaknesses that show themselves and then asking the mind to do better job next time.  About four - six hours an evening and I have been doing it for decades.  Progress is very gentle but very forefilling and the conceptual knowledge uptake is irreversible (until I have a stroke).

So a drawing like this was done from a 20 second look during a Victorian Costume drama, and it is accurate in many details.  The whole thing perhaps 2 minutes.  This is successful in that it looks like the character, got the profile accurately, proportion, angle of the hat and clothing details.   The profile itself has weaknesses and attempts to provide depth of the focus between the nose and cheekbones have been discarded, making the profile two dimensional and flat (weakness!). 

49914643_1190379924447025_65834010332364

Of course leaning about crypto is really not so different.  We have to look at things from many angles.  Keep making assessments and test our assumptions.  Build structural architecture of the main features in the  crypto landscape and adapt our knowledge on the move.  This is how the mind works economically and  effectively and develops its decision making to be accurate

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harishka said:

Wow. Just new here. See there is a lot to read and learn before the need to ask. Great to see this info! Thanks!

Hello @Harishka :crigon_04: You got very lucky and have stumbled across the best summary of XRP yet produced! 

Thanks much @Hodor - I was just thinking that I wish I had a sales brochure for XRP that I could share with those new to the space, and voila! Hodor, of course :good:

Edited by GiddyUp