Thanks @Hodor great synopsis :D

Beautiful and concise...

"Now is when all of us can cooperate even more closely to ensure that XRP achieves what it was meant to accomplish;  to lead the entire cryptomarket into mainstream adoption and usage of no-counter-party, decentralized digital assets that can scale to grow the entire global economy beyond its current fiat-based limitations."

5 minutes ago, emsemporium said:

Such understatement makes me smile

I was actually kind of shocked.  When I first covered ICE, I knew they were instrumental from a platform standpoint, but I didn't know about the ownership.  Here's where I got that info: 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/intercontinentalexchange.asp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Exchange

So I think analysts consider them to be a direct owner through their acquired subsidiary, NYSE Euronext. 

Thank you for reading! 

The rally started in the West, not the East.  The East has continued the rally three times now, however.

Not to beat a dead horse, but in my opinion this current pump wasn't happening until Monday night. It started in the Korean a.m, and the market volume on CMC confirms that Korean exchanges are driving this. Singapore too. It's actually very similar to what happened last fall. FYI.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets

@Hodor i refer to the same quote @dr_ed has referred to: 'the ongoing rally is instead an unavoidable release of pent-up pressure from XRP's continual growth in utility-driven sources of demand.' So my question is where exactly do you see 'utility-driven sources of demand' for XRP? 

I do agree with @dr_ed that this crypto rally is mainly BTC driven (not ONLY BTC driven, but mainly).

And i think this rally is rather no XRP utility driven demand. Not yet unfortunately. 

I do agree with you @Hodor though that the rally has started in the West.

Thanks!)

2 hours ago, WillGetThere said:

So my question is where exactly do you see 'utility-driven sources of demand' for XRP? 

Seriously?  It's in the summary of my blog.  Do people just not read the blog anymore and pop in with "peanut gallery" criticisms?  Here's my response & sorry if I'm annoyed:  It's okay to have a different opinion, but I'm starting to lose patience with what I consider straw man arguments.  Let me be crystal clear if you are seriously confused about it:

1) I see utility-driven sources of demand for XRP coming from xRapid, Omni, Coil, and other quickly-growing sources currently. 

2) The current rally was not caused by these sources. 

3) The summary of my blog makes it clear that I believe that the market (speculators) are now recognizing these sources of future demand and feel that XRP is far undervalued. 

From the summary of my blog where I make this position clear: 

Instead, we are now seeing just how quickly the market moves to fix mispriced crypto-assets.   The market has taken the first tangible steps to correct its blindness to the one choice that has consistently recorded the highest levels of business adoption, whether it's by remittance processors, banks, sharing economy applications, or micropayment and monetization apps.

Edited by Hodor

36 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Seriously?  It's in the summary of my blog.  Do people just not read the blog anymore and pop in with "peanut gallery" criticisms? 

I could swear you're repeating yourself now... 
Oh well, the joys of everyone being a critic apparently on the internet :rolleyes:

Whether or not xrp is still correlated with bitcoin is about to become superfluous imho, and here's why. Whatever the cause of the present rally, these massive increases in liquidity that are being generated, are going to be like rocket fuel for when all of the xrp corridors start launching - I expect that's going to occur very soon - especially with SBI coming up.  It's a win-win either way, as many of us felt that xrp was near to decoupling anyway, but the timing of this rise is nearly perfect. Maybe DS knew that the writing was on the wall, and felt almost compelled to sell a big chunk beforehand, in order to not run afoul of the SEC for insider trading. It wouldn't surprise me.

@Hodor you say explaining the rational behind the current rally:

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

This much I agree on.  Reminds me of an extended November / early December 2017.

IMO the statement above absolutely contradicts to this quote off your blog: 'the ongoing rally is instead an unavoidable release of pent-up pressure from XRP's continual growth in utility-driven sources of demand.'

Do you agree?

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

1) I see utility-driven sources of demand for XRP coming from xRapid, Omni, Coil, and other quickly-growing sources currently. 

The XRP demand coming from these sources is very low at the monent and has nothing to do with the recent rally, this i understand is your position too.

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

2) The current rally was not caused by these sources. 

OK, so what is the background of the rally then in your opinion? I believe its speculation with no utility driven demand yet plus (to lesser extent) institutional news - BAKKT, etc.

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

3) ...I believe that the market (speculators) are now recognizing these sources of future demand and feel that XRP is far undervalued

My take on this statement is that its rather general one. One could have rephrased, anytime within last 6-9 months, it as follows: 'I believe that the market (speculators) HAVE been recognizing these sources of future demand and feel that XRP is far undervalued.'

Nothing have dramatically changed for XRP, as of today, to show use case driven demand IMO. 

BAKKT/SBI/xRapid/Omni/Coil news and/or developments have been here for a while, so why has XRP started moving north only when all other have started? 

Where is that game changer for XRP, as of today? Where is use case XRP driven demand coming from? I cant see it.

Thanks for your time!)  

Edited by WillGetThere
Several clarifications

3 hours ago, WillGetThere said:

@Hodor you say explaining the rational behind the current rally:

IMO the statement above absolutely contradicts to this quote off your blog: 'the ongoing rally is instead an unavoidable release of pent-up pressure from XRP's continual growth in utility-driven sources of demand.'

Do you agree?

The XRP demand coming from these sources is very low at the monent and has nothing to do with the recent rally, this i understand is your position too.

OK, so what is the background of the rally then in your opinion? I believe its speculation with no utility driven demand yet plus (to lesser extent) institutional news - BAKKT, etc.

My take on this statement is that its rather general one. One could have rephrased, anytime within last 6-9 months, it as follows: 'I believe that the market (speculators) HAVE been recognizing these sources of future demand and feel that XRP is far undervalued.'

Nothing have dramatically changed for XRP, as of today, to show use case driven demand IMO. 

BAKKT/SBI/xRapid/Omni/Coil news and/or developments have been here for a while, so why has XRP started moving north only when all other have started? 

Where is that game changer for XRP, as of today? Where is use case XRP driven demand coming from? I cant see it.

Thanks for your time!)  

I think we are getting to the stage where we are discussing who is best at reading the tea leaves. 

The news is that XRP, after being stuck in a very narrow channel for some months, has joined the general rally that started for most other currencies some months ago.  It is almost as if something was suppressing XRP price from rallying. Things have suddenly loosened up for XRP.  Its an important moment and an opportunity for the "pent up" energy from XRP's constant stream of  partnership and tech announcements to come into play.  The partnerships and tech developments that will give XRP real utility in the medium term future are a significant asset in the speculative mix.   Wuwei put it well: Whatever the cause of the present rally, these massive increases in liquidity that are being generated, are going to be like rocket fuel for when all of the xrp corridors start launching - I expect that's going to occur very soon - especially with SBI coming up. 

I do not think it is fair to ask for supportive evidence for every sentence in Hodor's intros and round ups.  The main body of his blog is a factual list, his commentary is his take on the trends that have been developing. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

@Julian_Williams thanks for your positive and forward looking opinion, as always.

I had just somehow read mixed messages in the Hodor's blog hence i reacted. But that just me...

My opinion is that this rally has nothing to do with XRP's utility driven demand and it still remains to be seen whether: "...opportunity for the "pent up" energy from XRP's constant stream of  partnership and tech announcements to come into play".

Having said so i sincerely do hope that : "these massive increases in liquidity that are being generated, are going to be like rocket fuel for when all of the xrp corridors start launching - I expect that's going to occur very soon - especially with SBI coming up."

Thank you)

3 hours ago, WillGetThere said:

I cant see it

Then I wish you good luck.  I'm not really into "repeating my statements." 

I'll let readers go through the thread and figure out who they think is more accurate on specific points.  :JC_thinking: