Sign in to follow this  
codiusrex

XRP Underperforms While Bitcoin Surges

Posted (edited)

Bitcoin is hitting the perfect storm right now.  It's  impossible to compete with .  It doesn't have to move fast.  It doesn't have to be cheap.  It doesn't need utility.  The mainstream media is buying into this and financial institutions are buying into this.  Ethereum, XRP, others will actually have to prove utility which is difficult.  

Bitcoin emerges as a global hedge while stocks tumble in US-China trade hedge while stocks tumble in US-China trade 

Bitcoin was up as much as 15% Monday as major global markets reacted negatively to an ongoing trade war.

A rally in the world’s first and largest cryptocurrency this month has coincided with a tick down in the Chinese Yuan.

“If you were in China and you wanted to diversify, it would seem logical that bitcoin would be a short term alternative,” says Andy Brenner at National Alliance.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/13/bitcoin-emerges-as-a-global-hedge-while-stocks-tumble-in-us-china-trade-war.html

bitcoin-hedge.jpg.2faff62e968f357e15888c0ab0edd5e6.jpg

Edited by fatlever

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Capone said:

Bitcoin is the trunk and everything else is branches and twigs.

I am heavily invested in both Bitcoin and XRP  and I keep my eyes wwwiiidddeee open :)

XRP is a giant Red Oak in its nascent stages of growth. Splitcoin (Btc) is a withering fruit tree that's being swarmed by an echo of very loud and rather annoying mockingbirds.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Edited by PhiGuy

1 hour ago, Capone said:

Maybe they should make XRP a stablecoin , after all the price is remarkably stabl:biggrin:

Or maybe they should continue building the network and number of use cases, after all they are already making excellent progress :biggrin:

2 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

I don't know about you, but when I buy XRP I feel I'm getting good value for my money. What Money? This money...

Thanks @GiddyUp I just bookmarked that one. I actually had a like source before but lost it over the years. I’m going to guess and say that while accurate it’s likely underselling the impact of inflation as the numbers are sourced from the government. I offer no proof of them underselling just my own personal biases. I’m going to use it for the same purpose.

44 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Or maybe they should continue building the network and number of use cases, after all they are already making excellent progress :biggrin:

It’s just a little humor pal , I have big money in XRP .:)

23 hours ago, lucky said:

The term "underperforms" indicate a misunderstanding of what XRP and Bitcoin are designed to do: transfer value from Alice to Bob without a third party. XRP greatly outperforms Bitcoin in that task every single time.

XRP Trading And Price Speculation 

1 hour ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

It's not so much btc pumping that worries me; it is the whole market besides xrp pumping that does.

I would love to see an example of all these other coins pumping?  Every single one of my coins (XLM, BAT, IOTA, Cardano, VET) have not pumped either.  Ether had a small pump but in correlation to BTC and 2017, it's an extremely weak pump.  Binance opens back tomorrow.  I will hold my thoughts until then.  Historically XRP has always been the last to pump.

2 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I would love to see an example of all these other coins pumping?  Every single one of my coins (XLM, BAT, IOTA, Cardano, VET) have not pumped either.  Ether had a small pump but in correlation to BTC and 2017, it's an extremely weak pump.  Binance opens back tomorrow.  I will hold my thoughts until then.  Historically XRP has always been the last to pump.

what do you think will happen tomorrow?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

what do you think will happen tomorrow?

I think we will get a decent size pump of maybe 7-10% but nothing crazy.  Alt's aren't going to see anything drastic until the market stabilizes again.  People are going to ride BTC hard until she loses steam for a few days.  Why would anyone go to Alts when BTC has risen almost 2500 the last week?  When everyone expects a retrace, it just pumps 2x harder.  Our time will come everyone, patience is key.....it's coming.  Keep what I say with a grain of salt though.  I am no expert and Crypto doesn't follow any sort of rationality ever.  The only thing I can say is, I've been in the game long enough (Since 2014, but not XRP) to see the trends over and over and over.  And one thing that wasn't around back then was the utility portion and actual use case as well as coming mainstream (Fidelity, TDAmeritrade, Etrade, E-commerce places, banks, ect)

Edited by KuNiT21

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

We've been here before :-

BTC's dominance is at 61%.  In December 2017, its dominance peaked at 62%, then crashed to 37% in a few weeks.  The power of the pivot.  

This was an excellent thread to re-read.  Very informative of what people were specifically saying at the time even though I was there but had forgotten.

Eerily similar.  There was one guy who said he was selling out into bitcoin or iota just 3 days before XRP mooned.  People had had it by then!

Edited by xrphilosophy

Sign in to follow this