Jump to content
Kemper88

Ripple keeps intentionally driving the price down?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kpuff said:

Why would Ripple want to drive the price down. Literally you and others are making up conspiracy theories to justify why the price isn’t moving. Price is driven by demand. If there is no demand the price goes down. If there is enough buyers than there are sellers the prices stays stable. And when there is an increase in demand the price increases. It’s not rocket science!

That's crazy simplistic. Price manipulation is everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OR. Bitfinex is again stealing from there other company USDT, pumping the prices, then taking the profits (selling), to clear their debts as they dont have enough capital to cover their withdrawals. This in turn drives the price(s) down. 

Its not far fetched, read the NYAG papers, and that is exactly why they are prosecuting !!

Sometimes the obvious reasons are right there in front of us..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Currently It only takes $.03 to make a 10% swing in XRP world. Anything Looks large when viewed selectively. 

You do know that RL markets XRP to customer’s as “stable and reliable”. It seems most here are betting that stability will come immediately after we are in lunar orbit. Cannot have it both ways.

The other belief is that the world adopts a stable XRP at today’s pricing, and then it sky rockets. Again, expecting post adoption stellar growth is even sillier, because it goes against the utility. 

RL Has also stated many many times that the whole point of the escrow is to support a stable price. So I feel pretty secure in my belief that I am in the current universe, controlled by logic.

I suppose in your universe, you will be buying XRP this week?

Just out of curiosity, how do you expect a .30 xrp to provide utility for a $7 trillion dollar remittance world? More so, how do you account for all of the other use cases that xrp is being positioned for? How can the network load of 30 billion dollars support the use case of a multi trillion, if not a quadrillion, dollar world? Do you honestly believe Ripple is targeting an extremely small portion of the financial world? With that, do you believe that SBI, R3, Arrington capitol, etc. are only expecting XRP to work for ONLY Ripple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Raz said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you expect a .30 xrp to provide utility for a $7 trillion dollar remittance world? More so, how do you account for all of the other use cases that xrp is being positioned for? How can the network load of 30 billion dollars support the use case of a multi trillion, if not a quadrillion, dollar world? Do you honestly believe Ripple is targeting an extremely small portion of the financial world? With that, do you believe that SBI, R3, Arrington capitol, etc. are only expecting XRP to work for ONLY Ripple?

Your utility cases do not matter because they will never happen. Ripple is a software company, focused on selling software (and possibly dreams) but don’t allow me to stop you from buying more XRP; or is your common sense holding you back?

How many XRP did SBI purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Your utility cases do not matter because they will never happen. Ripple is a software company, focused on selling software (and possibly dreams) but don’t allow me to stop you from buying more XRP; or is your common sense holding you back?

How many XRP did SBI purchase?

So cryptography isn’t software? And xrapid which is built to only use xrp isn’t software?

get back to your crayons mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

RL Has also stated many many times that the whole point of the escrow is to support a stable price.

You don’t have one of these “many, many” times that they said that to hand do you? If so could you please link it?  

I don’t recall them ever saying that.

 

4 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You do know that RL markets XRP to customer’s as “stable and reliable”. 

Um, please forgive my ignorance but I can’t recall ever seeing this gem either.....  do you have any links to anything showing that to be true?  Or have you confused their saying that

‘the XRP Ledger is stable and reliable’ 

          with

‘the XRP price is stable and reliable’?

 

I wish I had one XRP for every inaccurate belief and every conspiracy theory stated as fact on this forum...   I could sell up now wand be rich.   :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Taking into consideration global volume which takes this shady Chinese exchanges with billions and billions of fake volume just to give them alibi to sell more.

So you think they need an ‘alibi’ to sell?   That the arbitrarily low percentage that they chose themselves,  is actually increased by the fake volume?  The rate was arbitrary chosen and is very low.  You think there is a problem with doubling this low rate to get to another arbitrary low number?

But even putting all that aside...     the real problem is distributing the initial pile of xrp.  It needs to be done to get the pieces in place for the ecosystem to thrive.  The way they are solving this dilemma (that every coin faces) is to sell programmatically and OTC.  If you feel that is causing you pain then just realise that it must be done if XRP are ever to become the Standard.

I don’t know of a fairer way to do that than selling as they are...  in every discussion of this problem/solution that I have ever seen nothing has ever stood out as a fairer method.

I do wish people could see that,  and stop moaning about not getting rich quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 hours ago, whiteout said:

Do you put 88 in your username because you are a white supremacist?

User name checks out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JannaOneTrick said:

If you look at the XRPL, there was no XRP2 sales ever since the pump from yesterday. So Ripple did not sell these last 2 days

That's not strictly true. The XRP transferred from ripple to exchanges continues over the weekends without pause and I have shown correlations to daily volume previously in threads in general discussion (see Q3 2018 and Q4 sales analysis, I was too busy to do a Q1 2019 one, but will do so eventually - I am of the opinion that their programmatic sales has changed slightly recently). The main wallet used for distribution is visible here https://bithomp.com/explorer/r49yezViZ8N6FtwwKg9byDYtJ3UDuJi1zv and you can easily verify that many millions are transferred daily, with significant increases when the volume rises as has been the case recently. I do not disagree with your main thesis, but it is wrong to say that they are not selling. They are making direct programmatic sales, and there are no doubt market makers in operation helping to smooth the bumps out of the BTC induced madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

That's not strictly true. The XRP transferred from ripple to exchanges continues over the weekends without pause and I have shown correlations to daily volume previously in threads in general discussion (see Q3 2018 and Q4 sales analysis, I was too busy to do a Q1 2019 one, but will do so eventually - I am of the opinion that their programmatic sales has changed slightly recently). The main wallet used for distribution is visible here https://bithomp.com/explorer/r49yezViZ8N6FtwwKg9byDYtJ3UDuJi1zv and you can easily verify that many millions are transferred daily, with significant increases when the volume rises as has been the case recently. I do not disagree with your main thesis, but it is wrong to say that they are not selling. They are making direct programmatic sales, and there are no doubt market makers in operation helping to smooth the bumps out of the BTC induced madness.

This is an unavoidable, worrying reality. I believe Hodor in a recent blog referenced how he believed Ripple had got the balance and timing of xrp sales wrong in q1 of 2019. It seems Ripples strategy is not changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as XRP doesn't perform like the other coins, we have to get used to these threads.

I understand the frustration and of course it also annoys me that XRP is not at 0.50 or something like that, but that's the way it is.

One should not conclude from the past to the future, but XRP was also 2017 after the big jump long time the lame duck.

Between the 1.6.2017 and the 10.10.2017 the whole cryptomarket grew from about 80 billion dollars to 450 billion dollars - XRP moved in this time smoothly between about 0.18 and 0.25 cent up and down.

So stay cool.
The market is full of manipulation and speculation - XRP is one of the few coins that make sense beyond that and all the companies, Coil, Ripple, the 10 Ripple customers using XRP, WietseWind, etc. are working on XRP being used in the future.

I trust these people. The profits will come. Not today, not tomorrow, but someday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

So you think they need an ‘alibi’ to sell?   That the arbitrarily low percentage that they chose themselves,  is actually increased by the fake volume?  The rate was arbitrary chosen and is very low.  You think there is a problem with doubling this low rate to get to another arbitrary low number?

 

That is your opinion. Mine is different. Percentage sell off is not arbitrarily. It is chosen wisely. They just say it is only 0,32% overall, while that percentage varies. Some days it is much higher, on some other days it is 0 (like few days ago). 

Yes, Ripple use this low % showcase so they can brag how they do not affect the price, when truth is completely the opposite.

Do not get me wrong here, we both know that Ripple must do this progmmatic sells if they want to build ecosystem. And I am fine with it and I knew that before I got in XRP.

Like I said, the way they represent numbers is beyond me. 

I have phd in math and master in civil. Thankfully I can use my own brain and see how Ripple is packing number in cellophane to look prettier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...