10 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

XCurrent is not a "project"--it's a product. 

No one cares about xCurrent. Yes? Let's move on, there's a three-tier product structure at work. No one knows the third naturally. The second, which utilizes the bridge asset, is never mentioned, ever.

1 hour ago, aavkk said:

Perhaps in the short run but in the long-run I strongly disagree here.  I feel that because this is an entirely new asset class meaning big boys have been prohibited to enter due to lack of regulatory clarity coupled with many potential retail investors waiting to see how this new asset class matures creates opportunities for us.  Perhaps we are taking on additional risk but looking at the fundamental developments of RippleNet and the product suite developments as well as strategic build out of markets that have happened throughout 2018 and certainly this year I'm more confident than ever.  Our current price is a distraction.   We are coming out of the depths of a bear market and the drum beat while hard to hear continues and slowly gets louder and louder.  A massive bull market would absolutely help fast track XRP utility volume but I'm extremely optimistic about our future given we are progressing forward through the worst of times. 

great post, agreed

1 hour ago, aavkk said:

Perhaps in the short run but in the long-run I strongly disagree here.  I feel that because this is an entirely new asset class meaning big boys have been prohibited to enter due to lack of regulatory clarity coupled with many potential retail investors waiting to see how this new asset class matures creates opportunities for us.  Perhaps we are taking on additional risk but looking at the fundamental developments of RippleNet and the product suite developments as well as strategic build out of markets that have happened throughout 2018 and certainly this year I'm more confident than ever.  Our current price is a distraction.   We are coming out of the depths of a bear market and the drum beat while hard to hear continues and slowly gets louder and louder.  A massive bull market would absolutely help fast track XRP utility volume but I'm extremely optimistic about our future given we are progressing forward through the worst of times. 

yep fair enough i can't disagree with that

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

A concern that i have is the real amount of XRP (value) that is needed to keep the pay and settlement corridors liquid. And I have a feeling that that is much less than we all think due to the speed that the network settles (GB has been quoted saying that only 1 % of the total supply is needed...). I know that this is only short term thinking (bigger adoption is supposed to be on the way...when?) but the amount of XRP that is not evenly distributed in the market  disturbes me (Stellar XLM has an even bigger problem in that sense).

Anyone ideas in that sense?

100 Billion XRP / 8 Billion people = 12.5 XRP per person. Once this ramps up fully there will not be enough XRP. If XRP is successful in becoming the world's primary bridge token then surely it will also be used as a currency to some degree. That is where 12.5 XRP for every man, woman and child will not be nearly enough. The lack of supply will bring the price up until and beyond enabling the divisibility of each XRP playing a real roll in its daily use.  

Edited by VanGogh

1 minute ago, VanGogh said:

100 Billion XRP / 8 Billion people = 12.5 XRP per person. Once this ramps up fully there will not be enough XRP. If XRP is successful in becoming the world's primary bridge token then surely it will also be used as a currency to some degree. That is where 12.5 XRP for every man, woman and child will not be nearly enough. The lack of supply will bring the price up until and beyond enabling the divisibility of each XRP plays a real roll in its daily use.  

1T/100B floor. 

8 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

His statement suggests complete means, "bringing crypto to enterprise scale."

"Once that is complete" That = bring crypto to enterprise scale.

He also says, "I'll feel like my work is done." "I'll feel" suggests he presently does not feel his work is done. 

Additionally, the part you didn't include from the tweet suggests that even after he has brought crypto to enterprise scale, despite what people who know him think, he will continue until he dies. 

I love that we all get to dissect and analyse every word and its hidden meaning.

I however, have a geek translator and have discovered the true hidden meaning:

" This vacation has caused me to be constipated and not able to fully complete my dumps.  But I feel like once I do go it will be the dump of all dumps.  My geek friend think I'll stop eating like this after vacation.  They don't know me,  I will eat this way until I die" <- Geek translator 

1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I forget who said this, maybe Ray Dalio, but I remember someone saying something like "It is possible find fundemetal market mis-pricing investment opportunities, but the market can stay mis-priced longer than you can hold your position".

Wow, it's just like he knows my position :lol:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

market can stay mis-priced longer than you can hold your position

These wisdoms apply to the traditional markets such as stock market that are not so manipulated and controlled as the new crypto market is...

kuva.png.bd01710b11a0a8872ba1797fbb8eadfe.png

...after Bitfinex insolvency rumours, tether peg breaking rumours, Binance BTC hack and the "reorg" discussions (a.k.a. benevolent whale 51 % attack on-demand just a few phone calls needed) the consequence can be seen from below. If this is really bull market then I hope xRapid utilization will have decent volume in 2020 when the next bear market should start.

kuva.thumb.png.6d88244626172f944b94d770d15ce96c.png

36 minutes ago, hallwaymonitor said:

These wisdoms apply to the traditional markets such as stock market that are not so manipulated and controlled as the new crypto market is...

kuva.png.bd01710b11a0a8872ba1797fbb8eadfe.png

...after Bitfinex insolvency rumours, tether peg breaking rumours, Binance BTC hack and the "reorg" discussions (a.k.a. benevolent whale 51 % attack on-demand just a few phone calls needed) the consequence can be seen from below. If this is really bull market then I hope xRapid utilization will have decent volume in 2020 when the next bear market should start.

kuva.thumb.png.6d88244626172f944b94d770d15ce96c.png

You are correct on the bold part, but I'd say that is due to a different reasoning.

These markets are young, so they are still growing into mature markets, which I'd usually would use a DCF type of valuation method for.

I'd use a valuation method more along the lines of seed stage startups. Which come with a potential payout which resembles more of an option valuation characteristics.

---

Ahh Kaynes! Thanks for finding that. Ironically Kaynes played a large part in designing the global monetary infrastructure systems that are being retired by RippleNet and an IoV, and if XRP becomes a bridge currency it will function similarly to how Kaynes intended the Bancor to function, but the US post WW2 successfully got the USD to be the global reserve currency.