Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlvaroXRP said:

What is the definition of complete? Software implemented? For what we know xRapid is in production. Does that mean he is done? Does complete mean mass adoption? 

His statement suggests complete means, "bringing crypto to enterprise scale."

"Once that is complete" That = bring crypto to enterprise scale.

He also says, "I'll feel like my work is done." "I'll feel" suggests he presently does not feel his work is done. 

Additionally, the part you didn't include from the tweet suggests that even after he has brought crypto to enterprise scale, despite what people who know him think, he will continue until he dies. 

Edited by LordVetinari

Posted (edited)

Personally I think @JoelKatz is saying that they are ready with  Xrapid and Xcurrent 4.0 and Ripple is in ‘roll-out’ phase. It’s now up to the global market and their sales team. And looking at the banks and big remittance names that are joining ‘the cause’ Ripple is still on the right track. And that is a good thing.

What concerns me is the ‘sh*t load’ of XRP Ripple is sitting on (in escrow) with which they can (at this rate of network development) hold the price around  $ 0,30 for many years to come.

A concern that i have is the real amount of XRP (value) that is needed to keep the pay and settlement corridors liquid. And I have a feeling that that is much less than we all think due to the speed that the network settles (GB has been quoted saying that only 1 % of the total supply is needed...). I know that this is only short term thinking (bigger adoption is supposed to be on the way...when?) but the amount of XRP that is not evenly distributed in the market  disturbes me (Stellar XLM has an even bigger problem in that sense).

Anyone ideas in that sense?

Edited by cryptoxrp

43 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

You only quoted part of his Tweet. See the image. I'm not sure what you're disputing. If you feel the last part of his tweet doesn't amount to anything else, that's okay. I was only adding the remainder of the tweet so others see the full statement. 1058076271_Screenshot_20190509-165245_Operabeta.thumb.jpg.564ef7faa329331b7b8e208058c2da14.jpg

Why people are so salty? I didnt know how to share the whole thing. You can just scroll up. Come on.. 

If people here see FUD in everything that is shared, then better to not post anything.it is just a tweet from himself. If you don't like it then don't read it. 

I'm not sure why the volumes are at all surprising when you consider the role that XRP intends to play in the internet of value. Until the entire network is fleshed out and much more wide-reaching then there's not going to be a huge role for XRP. 

The way I see it:  If the cost of going through XRP is cheaper than using the multi-hop function (which I'd imagine it will be in many cases given that it's only one 'hop' with one associated fee, and there's no need to price-in counter-party risk) then we will see an increase in xRapid usage - but it will still require the participation of XRP market makers in those corridors. Currently, those participants appear to be local exchanges... That's fine, there just needs to be more of them in traditionally unserviced corridors.

It'll get there as the network builds. The scale of what Ripple is trying to achieve is gargantuan and this type of transformation won't happen over night. They're only just implementing Multi-hop and integrated xRapid support now with version 4.0... So everyone needs to do a Dilip and 'cool the jets'. 

1 hour ago, AlvaroXRP said:

If people here see FUD in everything that is shared, then better to not post anything.it is just a tweet from himself. If you don't like it then don't read it. 

Don't read it because you're not going to like it, Mr. Salty. 

I included the rest of David's tweet so it wasn't taken out of context. Never did I imply you had ill intentions. 

I also answered your questions about the meaning of his tweet. Again, I didnt imply you had ill intentions. 

You call me salty and imply I'm accusing you of FUD. Not the case.

The fact that you're only capable of copying and pasting half of the tweet was amusing. 

Posted (edited)

btw, the original thread that sparked all of this nonsense, is here:

worth a read through all 23 tweets, its excellent and i also agree (controversially perhaps, here!) that speculative/HODL investment money has been massively damaged (for the general public or crypto speculators) by a lack of tight investment thesis and generally bad press for xrp/ripple, which is reflected heavily in basically no volume outside of what the author suggests is xrapid market making volume

but unf. the market making volume just absorbs any small speculative volume and keeps the price immobile, at least it seems that way

as for the arguments here re: david -- IMO he can do whatever he likes with his xrp, leave him alone! :D

Edited by zerpdigger

2 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

His statement suggests complete means, "bringing crypto to enterprise scale."

"Once that is complete" That = bring crypto to enterprise scale.

He also says, "I'll feel like my work is done." "I'll feel" suggests he presently does not feel his work is done. 

Additionally, the part you didn't include from the tweet suggests that even after he has brought crypto to enterprise scale, despite what people who know him think, he will continue until he dies. 

This is state of the art word analysis. 

Yeah. Totally confused about how DS’s tweet can be construed as anything negative.

All I get out of it is he has an extremely brilliant idea of how to make a huge positive difference in the world and has been head down in to working it since 2011. The world keeps throwing him curve balls and he keeps helping to correct based on what he encounters. He’s undoubtedly fatigued by his hard focused efforts (and for having to repeatedly dumb things down so the average and sub average humans can still follow along). People who know him know that if he achieved his seemingly endless quest today he wouldn’t know what to do with himself.

Maybe I’m a simpleton but that’s what I get.

also it's worth noting to those worried about "devs dumping" that if it affects the market price then we have bigger problems (low liquidity) than worrying about devs, since without liquidity and decent order book volumes there'll never be a use case for xrp!

so it works both ways -- our liquidity gets used up by market making, but market making puts off a lot of speculative liquidity! :D

this is my controverial opinion, take it with a pinch of salt: XRP needs Bob Way's patent, it needs market making (inc. public versions of) incentive schemes and it needs to be marketed and known about, as part of a clear, concise and rational 'xrp investment thesis'

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

To my understanding DS is saying that XCurrent 4 is the first version that is really usable at scale, and the release marks a big step forward for the project.  It is a moment when DS can take a rest and recharge his batteries, but as the thing grows so will the demands for bells and whistles to be added to the software.   DS says he will be up to this after he has had a break.  

The release of XCurrent 4 has been concurrent with a Google Ads campaign telling the public about the services provided by companies on the Ripplenet that are also using the XRapid corridors that are so far open.  This is a big moment for the XRP community and we should be celebrating the achievements of DS and the team around him.

XCurrent is not a "project"--it's a product.