Sign in to follow this  
Vengefulseven

The Medical Billing Highway Concept (Looking for Guidance or Collaboration)

Hi everyone,

I posted about this the other day, but never really received the answer I was looking for.  Hopefully, a concept paper with more detail of what exactly I'm envisioning can make the picture more clear.   I have a link to a Google doc below.  I'm looking for anyone who has the skill sets to help solve such a massive problem.  I'm definitely an idealist, but I also understand that the concept may need to be tweaked if my imagination has exceeded what is technologically feasible.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JRAaHWa3kg7q_R0-zIkpUlilKWjI6iJfDzobHvwNsq4/edit?usp=sharing

@Vengefulseven - Props to you in trying to solve this gigantic problem, but after reading your proposal, this project is doomed to fail (no offense).  You have overlooked many nuances of the medical industry that many people do not see.  I understand that you have worked in the finance side of the medical industry, but I would recommend that you work in the following areas to gain more perspective on how to solve the problem:  hospital, billing company, payer, an insurance company, MSO, and IPA.

Just a word of advice, commercial insurance rules are derived from Medicare.  If you want to fix the commercial problem, fix Medicare/Medicaid first, then commercial will fall in line.

2 hours ago, IAmATroll said:

@Vengefulseven - Props to you in trying to solve this gigantic problem, but after reading your proposal, this project is doomed to fail (no offense).  You have overlooked many nuances of the medical industry that many people do not see.  I understand that you have worked in the finance side of the medical industry, but I would recommend that you work in the following areas to gain more perspective on how to solve the problem:  hospital, billing company, payer, an insurance company, MSO, and IPA.

Just a word of advice, commercial insurance rules are derived from Medicare.  If you want to fix the commercial problem, fix Medicare/Medicaid first, then commercial will fall in line.

Actually,

I appreciate honest opinions.  I spent some time working with CMS, albiet as a contractor.  I don't personally think going through them first is the correct approach.  They are slow to adapt to change.  

I did not mention it in the paper because I wrote that over a year ago and put the idea to rest for a while to focus on other projects. I would actually approach the clinical trial industry first.  I'm more likely find interested parties by working through the pain points between hospitals and research sponsors (pharma). 

Hospitals (sites) tend to utilize a CTMS (clinic trial management systems) while sponsors (pharma) utilize EDCs (electronic data capture systems).  The two do not communicate.  If there was a way to make these two systems communicate, we could create a system where data can be entered, monitored, and paid for in a matter of days rather than the current standard which is quarterly or at best monthly.  

3 hours ago, aye-epp said:

Thanks for sharing your idea

What specifically are you looking for?  (Co-)founders? Programmers? PMs? Capital? 

No capital or PMs needed at this phase.  Right now, a programmer would be best.  Someone who can tell me if my idealism is beyond what is currently possible.