Mcripple

This is a really stupid post

Posted (edited)

Apologies in advance

why doesn’t Ripple just auction off or give away the remaining supply of XRP to financial institutions? Wouldn’t that accomplish two things by removing XRP from their control and also causing price to go up?

as I was typing this it occurred to me that doing so would be dumb because it could potentially lead to a situation where XRP were not available to a transfer facilitator when needed thus making it useless for its primary function. I guess this means liquidity, right?

Thanks for humoring me. I am learning . 

Edited by Mcripple

Apologies in advance
why doesn’t Ripple just auction off or give away the remaining supply of XRP to financial institutions? Wouldn’t that accomplish two things by removing XRP from their control and also causing price to go up?
as I was typing this it occurred to me that doing so would be dumb because it could potentially lead to a situation where XRP were not available to a transfer facilitator when needed thus making it useless for its primary function. I guess this means liquidity, right?

Not so stupid. There could be another way like this: put the escrowed reserve under (mutual) control of the IMF with an agreement that the IMF receives a certain part (50% or even more?) of reserve sales
If one wants to be a world reserve bank, one has to see such kind of responsability... I guess.
Because a world reserve bank cannot be something like a US private company, JMHO.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Mcripple said:

Apologies in advance

@Mcripple @GrayFox @kanaas  Excellent suggestion(s). This is in fact where I (as an investor) am waiting for. Several international monetary institutons to get joint control over the ‘Ripple XRP stash’. It would be THE step to give XRP (and Ripple) the much needed TRUST and it will launch XRP as an international currency.

@JoelKatzThe (internationally) trusted monetary value of XRP is of superior (paramount) importance. It can only be achieved with the backing of organisations like the World bank and the IMF (G20?).

On 5/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, GrayFox said:

When it takes off and Ripple will essentially hold billions if not trillions of dollars in XRP then Ripple could essentially become a lender of last resort

But how are you going to have a private for-profit company lending to countries? I feel as if the IMF would have to be a helping hand in this scenario, unless Ripple at some point starts selling XRP to every bank on the face of this global. I see a scenario where Ripple sells XRP to all the central banks for each country, and then the central banks employs XRP on a "as need" or "just in time" basis to areas where liquidity starts to dry up. I'm not going to say it's going to replace the USD, gold, or SDRs, but can aid with the liquidity for each asset, currency, product, etc.