OldManWinter

Thread created to hopefully satiate very sensitive people...

Shout out to @Mcripple.  I don't see what you did wrong.  You found an article that was not a great article but one that I found important.  Even if the article was wrong, the headline was very negative towards XRP.  Good or bad, I am a firm believer in giving the facts and letting the people decide.  Subsequent posters pointed out that the writer of the article changed a key word to make it very negative for XRP.  Without your thread, many in our community would have believed the headline and the FUD would have grown even more.  Thank you for your post.

In response, I found this article where the title should give hope for those people who question the utility and value of XRP now and in the future.

https://ambcrypto.com/ripple-interest-from-existing-customers-for-new-functionalities-like-xrapid-is-growing-claims-david-schwartz/

Here's the part I hope many in our community will like to read:

image.png.6248ee6153d5e02774b8592d5ed2eb01.png

Moderators:  This should be in the NEWS section but since I am responding to a previous thread in the General Discussion section, I am posting here.  Feel free to move the thread if you feel it belongs there instead of here.

If David truly believes this statement I find it very strange that he sold majority of his stack, especially when the price is almost 90% lower than ATH. So he worked his аss off to make the IoV a reality for the past 7 years, now they are at the tipping point and he's selling, doesn't make any sense to me. Having access to NDAs and partnerships if there were big players like Amazon, MG, Uber etc. in the pipeline I know the last thing to do would be to sell.

8 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

If David truly believes this statement I find it very strange that he sold majority of his stack, especially when the price is almost 90% lower than ATH. So he worked his аss off to make the IoV a reality for the past 7 years, now they are at the tipping point and he's selling, doesn't make any sense to me. Having access to NDAs and partnerships if there were big players like Amazon, MG, Uber etc. in the pipeline I know the last thing to do would be to sell.

From his tweets about this looks like he's definitly not the only one home who takes decisions...:rolleyes:

Just now, Yodaxrp said:

From his tweets about this looks like he's definitly not the only one home who takes decisions...:rolleyes:

Haha yeah, I don't buy that though :) but it's quite possible, knowing how some of my friends are after they get married :D

iLeeT, I discussed this earlier today and no he didn't sell majority of his stack, I won't do the work for ppl seeking the wallets. What he sold this year is probably related to tax considering last year.

17 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Where does it say he sold majority?

1 hour ago, OldManWinter said:

Shout out to @Mcripple.  I don't see what you did wrong. 

The number of people reading the thread title vastly, vastly outnumbers those who view the thread, and those people vastly outnumber people who read the article.

We need to be very wary of thread titles that overstate negative opinions in place of presenting facts. These people aren't doing anything wrong -- many are simply misinformed, but others are getting paid to spread misinformation on this forum and others.