Mcripple

Thread title deleted to pacify very sensitive people

We just got McRipped.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Delete the thread. I don’t care. The only crypto I own is XRP and I want it to take off as much as anybody else does. I didn’t realize i had the power to affect the price of XRP. My bad.

?

We don't delete here.  It's just totally unrelated to ripple and bad journalism at it's finest.

56 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

Probably this is why?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/central-banks-use-blockchain-for-first-time-to-swap-currency

The Bank of Canada and Monetary Authority of Singapore have sent each other digital currencies using blockchain technology, marking the first such successful trial between two central banks.

The pair have been collaborating on the use of distributed ledger technology and central bank digital currencies to make the cross-border payments process cheaper, faster and safer, they said in a joint statement. The BoC’s experimental domestic payment network, Project Jasper, was linked up with Singapore’s Project Ubin network as part of the test, done in partnership with Accenture and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Accenture is partner with ripple  

https://ripple.com/insights/accentures-jeremy-light-the-future-of-payments-is-real-time/

https://www.coinspeaker.com/ripple-xrp-grow-accenture/

Edited by kenrino

16 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Delete the thread. I don’t care. The only crypto I own is XRP and I want it to take off as much as anybody else does. I didn’t realize i had the power to affect the price of XRP. My bad.

i don't think you are intentionally fudding and i dont want this thread to be deleted

but after recognizing cointelegraph clearly is misquoting the speaker in this article a short edit on your OP to clarify this valuable fact would have done no harm

yet 4 pages later you still refuse to do so, but instead changing the title to "Thread title deleted to pacify very sensitive people" -- this eventually leads to some thinking you still try to push this fake news foward

not meant to offend you

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, yolo said:

I think OP should be banned 

Actually, it was good he posted this article as I read the original article this morning too and was a bit concerned. I came to XRPchat to find out that the article has been debunked and the truth revealed. We need the XRP Chat community to get to the bottom of some of these articles and they did a great job! So no this post and the OP should not be banned for expressing concern. Thanks!

Edited by Scout

He who doth protest too much will be sent to the Bearable Beast at supper time.

16 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

i don't think you are intentionally fudding and i dont want this thread to be deleted

but after recognizing cointelegraph clearly is misquoting the speaker in this article a short edit on your OP to clarify this valuable fact would have done no harm

yet 4 pages later you still refuse to do so, but instead changing the title to "Thread title deleted to pacify very sensitive people" -- this eventually leads to some thinking you still try to push this fake news foward

not meant to offend you

Maybe we can have a poll for what the best suitable title should be!

1 hour ago, Yodaxrp said:

Sad part of the sh...ty story. Cointelegraph is well aware of the mistake and didn't do absolutly nothing to change title and content of the article. This just prove in a very clear way which is their agenda!

Indeed - and it provides a convenient foundation for the next FUD to be sourced from, by way of 

"As Cointelegraph reports..."

Sorry, but neither of these authors deserve the benefit of the doubt. This isn't directed at the OP at all FWIW

2 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

Maybe we can have a poll for what the best suitable title should be!

hi hero_member :bye:

its not about the title per se, but i think you know that

Cointelegraph edited the article, but unfortunately not before I have seen their article quoted on at least five other 'news sources' who apparantly don't fact check either.

Apparently both crypto and crypto news are still in it's infancy

I'm actually glad this was rooted out - I saw the original article and did not research it myself...

I'm beginning to think about FUD as kind of a Darwinian delimiter - the rewards table might look like this:

People who are smart enough to envision the concept of XRP

People who are smart enough to work for the company that builds on XRP

People who are smart/bold enough (or lucky enough) to buy XRP early

People who are CEOs of companies that are smart enough to to adopt XRP

People who are smart enough (or lucky enough) to work for the companies that adopts XRP

People who are smart/bold enough to buy XRP in 2017

People who are smart/bold enough to buy XRP in 2018

People who are smart/bold enough to buy XRP in 2019

People who are smart/bold enough to buy XRP in 2020

People who do no research into XRP - ties with - People who aren't smart enough to buy XRP

People who do nothing but FUD and bash XRP in an ignorant and willful fashion

...it goes without saying that these last two groups will get no rewards when this ends up where we think it's heading... seems fair...

I'm someone who panicked when the price dropped from highs of 0.006 to 0.003/4 during Jedmaggedon (or Armajeddon, there was even a thread on what to call it!).

So... some of us old timers are not at all sensitive as we're used to bigger and badder FUD-fish than this. :)

Anyway. No particular point, just a little perspective on FUD/doubt etc. :D 

Carry on.

Posted (edited)

I was at the Bitcoin Wednesday conference at Amsterdam this week, spoke to a few people about XRP, and the denial runs deep. You'd expect that people that are deeply invested in crypto, or even managing other people's portfolio, would by now at least have educated themselves about the Ripple Consensus algorithm. But they still come up with logic like "if Ripple would not control the validators, I can spin up 10,000 nodes and take over" (quote from someone that is managing other people's crypto portfolio!). Instead of doing their homework, and educate themselves about how it actually works, they voluntarily lock themselves up in their twitter disinformation bubble, and confuse research with swiping their phone all day with their thumb. Easy prey for fud posters like in the OP.

Edited by lucky