Mcripple

Thread title deleted to pacify very sensitive people

A dutch and a german website also misquoted what was said. I couldn't resist notifying them and politely asked if they can correct it. I'm curious to see what they'll do. 
https://cryptomonday.de/ripple-news-laut-zentralbank-von-singapur-habe-xrp-kein-potential/
https://bitcoinmagazine.nl/2019/05/ripple-xrp-blockchain-singapore/

Yeah... Always check the source as " Chinese whispers " abound in the Cryptosphere. An old Military adage used to illustrate the point goes thus ;  An Army General fighting at the Front and barely holding back the enemy sent the urgent message  to HQ, " Send up reinforcements we're going to advance ! "  The message received by the time it had travelled through the Ranks and Trenches to HQ was, " Send up Three and Fourpence we're going to a Dance."

sarcastic joke GIF

38 minutes ago, karlos said:

Theres a difference between refuting FUD and instantly attacking new members though. How do you expect a community to grow if new members are nuked for asking honest questions?

Good to see the mod's attitude against those self claimed anti fudsters. Thanks @karlos

55 minutes ago, karlos said:

Theres a difference between refuting FUD and instantly attacking new members though. How do you expect a community to grow if new members are nuked for asking honest questions?

I think we can give OP the benefit of doubt since the source outlet actually misquoted the person. However, it would also be a good idea to try and really figure out what's mentioned in the article before posting. Even if this were the case, let's say Singapore authority had really said they don't see much in Ripple, one would like to know why and in what context that statement is made and in that search one would probably come across more useful information to share.

Posted (edited)

At some point this stuff all boils down to what I will call "the physics of finance".

Ripple has articulated how an IoV can be architected in a way which enables every centeral bank and commercial bank to maintain their own autonomy.

There is plenty of froth & exuberance in these markets, which is as typical of young developing markets, as it is of young developing people.

There is no reason for a Central bank to hold/trade XRP, that should be the role of Market Makers who may be operating as a Commercial bank or strictly a private FX trading fund.

The role of the Central banks is to stand up CBDC for their own jurisdiction's fiat. Then just let the market dynamics facilitate the flow of value between these digital fiats and XRP or whatever other digitizatized assets there is a market to make between.

The "physics of finance" says capital efficiency matters, like the conservation of energy. Those with the liquidity risk exposure will ultimately solve for the path of least resistance... this is where a "bridge currency" can become that path of least resistance.

FWIW, the top comment on that article says that the MAS guy's comment was about "retail" payments not "Ripple". I havent listened to the video, if there is one...

I watched the video too and they say retail and not ripple, what kind of bs article is this? Watch the video here: https://events.technologyreview.com/video/watch/sopnendu-mohanty-blockchain-singapore/ starting at 8min25s

Edited by KarmaCoverage

2 hours ago, Mcripple said:

I deserve the electric chair

at least you could edit and clarify your headline and original post -- that wouldn't kill you, right?

i see no reason why one should be forced to read through this thread to find out about the truth

5 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

at least you could edit and clarify your headline and original post -- that wouldn't kill you, right?

i see no reason why one should be forced to read through this thread to find out about the truth

More like delete the post. It's total disinformation. 

Probably this is why?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/central-banks-use-blockchain-for-first-time-to-swap-currency

The Bank of Canada and Monetary Authority of Singapore have sent each other digital currencies using blockchain technology, marking the first such successful trial between two central banks.

The pair have been collaborating on the use of distributed ledger technology and central bank digital currencies to make the cross-border payments process cheaper, faster and safer, they said in a joint statement. The BoC’s experimental domestic payment network, Project Jasper, was linked up with Singapore’s Project Ubin network as part of the test, done in partnership with Accenture and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Delete the thread. I don’t care. The only crypto I own is XRP and I want it to take off as much as anybody else does. I didn’t realize i had the power to affect the price of XRP. My bad.

24 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Delete the thread. I don’t care. The only crypto I own is XRP and I want it to take off as much as anybody else does. I didn’t realize i had the power to affect the price of XRP. My bad.

Want a hand picking those toys back up?