Mcripple

Thread title deleted to pacify very sensitive people

1 minute ago, Phintech said:

Certain sources require immediate skepticism.  

give people credit for keeping us informed....the OP will learn which sources are good and which are crap.  but in the meantime lets all try and build a stronger supporting community..  besides in 5 years we might all be part of the richest in the world if we just hang on.

2 minutes ago, princesultan said:

How are there actually people here that are bashing the OP? This is a very valid article to post. Not everything here has to be all rosy all the time for everyone

Im sure we’re all very aware that not everything has rosy at all times, but this is NOT a “very valid article”.

. Seriously.

What's the deal with McRipple.

He just posted an article. Please don't behave like willless disciples of XRP here. Every article, no matter how good or bad, no matter how positive or negative should be posted here, otherwise we get very quickly into our little XRP bubble here and see for all XRPhype nothing more.

Just now, Phintech said:

Im sure we’re all very aware that not everything has rosy at all times, but this is NOT a “very valid article”.

the OP did not know that....lets support the community and not bash as much.  The OP will learn which sources are credible in time.

3 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

This feels like when I think I’m being nice by bringing something from Starbucks home to my wife and she gets mad because she’s watching her calories 

Well, I’m on a FUD diet.

7 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

lets keep our community strong and not scare away interested parties.

There’s a very organized effort to keep FUD topics high up and often on this forum.  That’s not hard to see.  This may not be one of them, but OP should be willing to handle some push back with such drama queen post titles.

2 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

This feels like when I think I’m being nice by bringing something from Starbucks home to my wife and she gets mad because she’s watching her calories 

I appreciate you. 

I definitely think the article has an agenda and I - personally - think it's important to be aware of FUD so we can disprove it when it emerges. Many to most would prefer to not address it.  I understand that but I differ in that I want all information - good and bad - so I can deepen my perspective as much as possible. 

For me,  The fact that people would take such an obscure comment and extrapolate to something so far-reaching shows me the degree to which many people are threatened by Ripple and XRP.  I would deeply welcome a central banking official's comment on this - even and especially if it were negative - if it provided some sort of explanation.  "We see no real value here because of X, Y, Z" is something I can use whereas an offhand negative comment without explanation isn't particularly valuable. 

The fact that people would go out of there way to spread this article, on the other hand, is valuable.  Relatedly, much of the crypto world - it seems - talks about how "worthless" XRP is and how it's a "sh-t coin." The FACT remains that there is money being sent - through use of Ripple tech for messaging and XRP for settling - across borders on a virtually instant basis where both the sender and receiver have no knowledge whatsoever about what XRP is but where both parties benefit from lower fees and the company overseeing it enjoys a higher margin and greater degree of efficiency.  That's value. Hard stop.  You can argue that there's not enough value there to disrupt the current way of doing things.  You can argue that there's a better way to go about it.  You can argue that regulation might impede this as well as multi-generational banking dynasties that want status quo to remain.  But the objective reality is that value has been created.  And it's growing.  Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, has an agenda or both.  And I think it's important to be aware of these folks, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.  It deepens my resolve for both Ripple and XRP. 

So now we have to be kind to the OP again, because he pointed us to a very positive article. If he stated 'retail bank digital currency',  that can only be one: the JPM Coin! 

I still would like all news posted, and if its garbage, this community can clear that up in a very friendly way. Or should we start all bad news with: I found this garbage article on a very bad website stating this: bla bla

pfff

17 minutes ago, LeonidasH said:

thanks for the link to the actual source.  seems like this is a requirement that comes with any news lately.

clearly, cointelegraph intended malice with this article.