itcdominic

Stellar - IBM World wire - PASSION

3 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

There's a group for everything. Even frozen chocolate milk. 

But strawberry quik is so much better. 

8 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

There's a group for everything. Even frozen chocolate milk. 

Yeah that post definitely needed explaining.. big head scratcher. 

But you've missed the point, the op'er was surprised not that he found some arbitrary group of people who are passionate about some arbitrary thing in the world. He was intrigued to find a group of people who are passionate - in all the same ways and manners that we are - about a thing that is also a concurrency and also has nearly the same use cases as xrp.    I also find it interesting 

7 hours ago, VanHasen said:

We are in the process of improving #2, and are glad the authors drew attention to this fact. Things have already improved considerably from the configuration analyzed in the paper—for instance the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) can no longer halt the network, and no two nodes can affect liveness. I just wish the paper had disentangled point #2 from points #1 and #3, the latter of which distract from addressing #2.

Thanks for sharing their response — it’s fascinating for people trying to understand the differences between these businesses.

My point of view: If your company is pitching itself as a solution to a $155T problem, you have to do much, much better than “Thanks for drawing attention to this major issue! We’ll let you know if and when we solve it.”

Ripple would not respond in this way... but then again they wouldn’t have to.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hallwaymonitor said:

Well this guy seems to lost his passion whatever he was trying to achieve in IBM. Also there will be that CEO of SWIFT out of job soon. God forbid if one of them will go to work for Ripple.

https://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-financial-services-lead-jesse-lund-leaves-ibm

It really does seem awfully strange and out of nowhere!! He was basically the lead person for IBM's WW platform and blockchain initiatives. Typically, when someone in his role at a company makes an exit, there's usually some sort of departure notice about them "going on to start a new venture" or for "family reasons" etc. to sooth and quell any doubts. The way it was done here just leaves it up to the general community at-large to speculate about, which is probably not a good thing.  Many are speculating that his vision for IBM's Blockchain and Financial Services division didn't mesh with the C-Suite management or that maybe WW wasn't on-boarding the client-base needed to substantiate the expenses and costs associated with developing World-Wire and needed new leadership at the helm. His exit kinda reminds me of Cory Johnson's departure from Ripple a few months back. 

Edited by King34Maine

41 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Guys like Jesse Lund have offers around the block. He can write his own ticket. Somebody probably made him an offer he couldn't refuse. 

Any chance it is Ripple lol

Watch his Linked-In page. I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I would not expect him to go to work for Ripple, but I suppose it's possible.