There are a lot of good things about Cardano....it's just a very academic approach to building a blockchain technology. As a result, the progress is slower than what most people are used to. But whatever they do build, it'll probably work, as opposed to a lot of projects that have all kinds of issues.

One of their main goals is to reach the unbanked in places like Africa and Mongolia. I'm agnostic about how that will work out. Lots of projects want to help the unbanked.

The big deal with Cardano lately  is that we've been waiting (and waiting) for a new version called Shelley, that will allow holders to stake Cardano and earn rewards.That will be a substantial milestone, and Charles Hoskinson  (CEO) has promised it will be done this year. But they're still writing code, from what I understand.

Hoskinson is a really young guy (31 I think) and he's a mathematician/boy-genius type with a really big vision and (I think) excellent ethics. However, he is not good at giving guidance.

The risk with Cardano is that they'll be left In the dust as others move into the future very quickly, while they are carefully dotting i's and crossing t's and publishing papers and getting them peer reviewed.

I own some, about 6% of my Hodl. I like it, but not like I like XRP.

Edited by dr_ed
On 5/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, dr_ed said:

There are a lot of good things about Cardano....it's just a very academic approach to building a blockchain technology. As a result, the progress is slower than what most people are used to. But whatever they do build, it'll probably work, as opposed to a lot of projects that have all kinds of issues.

One of their main goals is to reach the unbanked in places like Africa and Mongolia. I'm agnostic about how that will work out. Lots of projects want to help the unbanked.

The big deal with Cardano lately  is that we've been waiting (and waiting) for a new version called Shelley, that will allow holders to stake Cardano and earn rewards.That will be a substantial milestone, and Charles Hoskinson  (CEO) has promised it will be done this year. But they're still writing code, from what I understand.

Hoskinson is a really young guy (31 I think) and he's a mathematician/boy-genius type with a really big vision and (I think) excellent ethics. However, he is not good at giving guidance.

The risk with Cardano is that they'll be left In the dust as others move into the future very quickly, while they are carefully dotting i's and crossing t's and publishing papers and getting them peer reviewed.

I own some, about 6% of my Hodl. I like it, but not like I like XRP.

I have the very same opinion. I hold some ADA, but not like XRP. To be completely honest I purchased some ADA because the system is written in Haskell (I know it's a dumb reason, but the Cardano team looked good). Also, if the Ethereum team messes up when they move to POS then Cardano may in a good position.

2 hours ago, bx549 said:

I have the very same opinion. I hold some ADA, but not like XRP. To be completely honest I purchased some ADA because the system is written in Haskell (I know it's a dumb reason, but the Cardano team looked good). Also, if the Ethereum team messes up when they move to POS then Cardano may in a good position.

That’s a good enough reason as any. Probably the best actually. Haskell is a functional language and is critical to aviation, military, communications etc as it is verifiable mathematically and offers high assurance of what a program should be doing.

If you want a high degree of certainty, then Cardano will be best placed for that market sector.

Im a big fan of Cardano..... still haven’t bought any though :( 

• 2 weeks later...

ADA is my #2
Haskell was what grabbed my attention initially.  Also, Semantics-based compilation seems like it would be a nice selling point for potential developers.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, invest2lose said:

I would if coinbase offered it. Don't really want to trade on other exchanges anymore now that XRP is on coinbase.

I suspect it will be on coinbase by the end of the year.

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2019 at 8:38 AM, Flintstone said:

That’s a good enough reason as any. Probably the best actually. Haskell is a functional language and is critical to aviation, military, communications etc as it is verifiable mathematically and offers high assurance of what a program should be doing.

If you want a high degree of certainty, then Cardano will be best placed for that market sector.

Im a big fan of Cardano..... still haven’t bought any though :( 

On 5/8/2019 at 7:15 AM, invest2lose said:

I would if coinbase offered it. Don't really want to trade on other exchanges anymore now that XRP is on coinbase.

Okay, from all member that comments my post. only both of you still active user. Where's the rest?