Ripple and Institutions Profiting off of Us

6 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

terrible logic.

see: enron

I think your thinking is flawed.. Enron hid what they did... what ripple labs is doing is in plain sight to everyone .. and ... that is the difference.  That is why you have the opportunity to complain while they're executing their plan. Unfortunately you do not agree with their plan because you want a quick fix and not lasting value. That is your true beef..

Edited by richxrp
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you seriously go through the effort of creating an account here just to post this garbage?   On a FUD scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best, most believable redirect plausible), I give this about

Do tell us which one(s) you choose. There are numerous members of XRP Chat who continually highlight negative aspects of Ripple/XRP, ostensibly for the purely altruistic goal of preventing us from bei

Posted Images

1 minute ago, richxrp said:

I think your thinking is flawed.. Enron hid what they did... what ripple labs is doing is in plain sight .. and ... that is the difference.  

they didn't hide anything, it was their "new style" of business..  everything was public but the public failed to think.

1 minute ago, aye-epp said:

they didn't hide anything, it was their "new style" of business..  everything was public but the public failed to think.

Yep they did. 

https://www.econcrises.org/2016/12/07/enron-corporation-2001/

Enron’s name has become synonymous with corporate fraud the world over. Although there was indeed fraudulent activity at Enron, the reason the corporation failed was the same reason for its meteoric rise: foolish financing. The company used off-balance-sheet vehicles to take on large amounts of debt and fabricate earnings. It owned many of these vehicles in non-arm’s-length transactions, enriching its management at the expense of shareholders. Enron exploited accounting rules to conceal its activities from the public. Perhaps most egregiously, the company pledged Enron stock to back many of its financing deals. Thus, if Enron stock fell substantially for any reason, the company would experience a wave of collateral calls, forcing it into bankruptcy. In fact, that is precisely what happened. Had Enron been forthright in its disclosures, its collapse would have been all too predictable.

4 minutes ago, richxrp said:

The company used off-balance-sheet vehicles to take on large amounts of debt and fabricate earnings. It owned many of these vehicles in non-arm’s-length transactions, enriching its management at the expense of shareholders. Enron exploited accounting rules to conceal its activities from the public. Perhaps most egregiously, the company pledged Enron stock to back many of its financing deals.

Funny -  ^^ this ^^ sounds exactly like some other company we all know and love that has been in the news recently..... and that isn't "Ripple".

14 hours ago, BarryPotter said:

Gutted for you. Imagine you had bought at 2016 prices and sold Jan 18.

Could have made your millions already and living the highlife. 

any regrets?

Thanks, man. I have a regret, but it's not what you may think. The good news is that I jumped aboard the XRP train just over two years ago, when the price was about 2¢. Unfortunately, the exchange I was using was Bitstamp. I've already shared my experience here previously; but when it's convenient for me, it's time to show all of you my reasons for disdain and antipathy toward SWIFT:aggressive:Bitstamp.

Edited by GoldenGoose
Grammar
14 hours ago, yxxyun said:

Don't over-raise the ripple company, they did a lot of unprofessional operations, the bull market is not their credit, and the fanaticism of inciting fans is even worse.

For technical, there were several bugs exist in XRP ledger cost them 3 years to fix.  https://github.com/ripple/rippled/issues/171

Well if it wasn't a three year problem why didn't you offer to fix it and get paid?

On 5/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Hodlr4Life said:

Picture pretty much sums it up. This is why I stopped investing in XRP.

Ripple.png

Firstly, I want to give an applaud to you. You got some balls to post that in here. LOL.

Second, there is some of your statement that are correct, but mostly wrong. Let me put it right.

1. Is XRP Decentralize? Yes, the validator that runs by public is more then validator runs by Ripple.

2. Is Ripple own the most XRP? Yes, they have through the XRP II company which own by Ripple ( Please check the company name if I write it right)

3. Can Ripple control the XRP Price? Well most probably no, they cannot because they sell XRP every month through programmatic sales. Which I'm thinking it's some kind of robot selling.

4. Is Ripple Sells XRP from Escrow at discount price to institutional investor in close door? I'm not sure about this, because Ripple never expose how they sold their XRP. But to be honest, I really hope they do that with some really big institutional such as JP Morgan, so JP Morgan no need to create JPM Coin.

5. Is XRP useless assets? No, it is very useful assets (Well, in the future I hope) I have been invest in many assets class, as everybody know, I just want to say XRP is great assets but need some fix.

6. Is Ripple putting the money when they sell XRP to their own pocket? Yes and no, Yes they put they money in their pocket, paying their operational cost, and of course holding big party (SWELL) by inviting big guns like Ben Bernanke, Bill Clinton, and of course the Gorilla. About Gorilla, are they literally invite an 800 pounds gorilla? Or just the theme? LOL.

I myself is in complicated relationship with this XRP issue, The most part that I don't agree is the programmatic sales. I think it will be better if Ripple sell the XRP in the escrow to the big institutional such as banks, money transfer, etc. With the package to use the Ripplenet. 

There are many reason why XRP jump out his pants at the end of 2017. First, I think it's the most reason. Ripple put 55bio of XRP in the Escrow which pump the XRP price to the sky. Any coin (e.g BTC, EOS, ETH, LTC, and all the coin and the commodities) will jump like hell if half of the supply bought by someone or some company. Second, Brad have a meeting with JP Morgan BOD. At that time of course everyone (including me, even I not known XRP until Q1 2018) will think XRP will be use by JP Morgan, until recently I hear that JP Morgan create their own coin. This is like an uppercut to Ripple and not good for XRP.

I know that Ripple have the best brain in Crypto space, I read that Vitalik Buterin once want to work with Ripple but fail because of the he don't have working Visa. But, they sucks at marketing and finance. If I can turn back time with quantum space, I will join the meeting between Ripple and JP Morgan. JP Morgan is very big banks with very heavy experience with money and finance, I read their history and they only hire the best brain in banking. If Ripple want to become trillion dollar company because they own 55bio XRP (at that time). First, they must make JP Morgan Happy first. I think Ripple is a bit cheap on deal, because if they aren't JP Morgan probably already testing on XRP instead of making JPM Coin.

In conclusion,

I was 100% XRP last year, but, today I just 25% XRP. LOL. I just don't want to loose the train, but, It's gonna be one hell of waiting until the train depart.  

Well, keep waiting..

On 4/30/2019 at 10:34 PM, Hodlr4Life said:

Not FUD'ing just trying to get people to open up their eyes and realize what is really going on. If you want to keep giving these crooks your money go ahead. I'm going to put my money somewhere else that is not %50+ controlled by a centralized company. 

Also instead of random bashing why not give reasonable proof that XRP is NOT a scam.

Can you prove to me that Coca-Cola is not a scam?

Come on. They are building a useful network right before our eyes. This network has clear utility which will be beneficial to anyone who uses it. Did you see Ashton Kutcher instantly send $4,000,000 to Ellen’s wildlife charity? This is an example of someone choosing to use it for a charitable benefit. But maybe some dude in Zimbabwe will use it so a tourist can pay him instantly for a ride to his hotel. We are watching the network being built. If you can’t see it, then you’re blind. 

16 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

5. Is XRP useless assets? No, it is very useful assets (Well, in the future I hope) I have been invest in many assets class, as everybody know, I just want to say XRP is great assets but need some fix.

What fixes are you talking about? 

8 hours ago, AnaLitvi said:

What fixes are you talking about? 

I'm sorry, not the XRP, XRP is perfect, the speed is amazing. I mean Ripple. They need to stop programmatic sales program and sell XRP only to banks or other institution. In the long term the programmatic sales will do more harm then do good for XRP Community. Let's talk number. XRP in circulation is around 42bio with 30cents/XRP. The remaining XRP in the escrow is 57bio (I assume). Can we XRP community absorb this? No way. We need institution money.