• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/share-your-xrp-with-newbies/ We can all easily contribute in an effort to enlarge XRP's network of stakeholders by simply tipping others!  Learn more in today

That approach was abandoned once it was determined that Swift GPI was just as fast and cheap, and that the entire premise of trapped Nostro/Vostro liquidity had been a myth all along. You guys sh

KingBlueXRP lives in my town, and I'm proud to know him online, although I have yet to shake his hand. I missed the fun at SXSW.( I was was in NY. I like to get outa Dodge during that couple of weeks

8 minutes ago, fiik said:

does xrptibotting @swiftcommunity count? and @pomp :rolleyes:

Trolling has its place.  I am guilty of that as well, but that was back in 2017 after I was freshly-angry about SWIFT trying to sideline Ripple at 2017 SIBOS.  I don't think I've trolled them (too much) since then.  :yes3:

11 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Asking us to tip others (giving away our hard earned xrp) while Ripple and employees keep sellings billions sounds like pretty bad idea to me. 

Poor thing... the bear got to you. I actually think it's a great idea to create a widespread awareness of XRP. And if not for us, then for all those poor Ripple employees to get rid of their stashes!

35 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Asking us to tip others (giving away our hard earned xrp) while Ripple and employees keep sellings billions sounds like pretty bad idea to me. 

its a personal thing - not a requirement

need to understand that to some demographics a few hundred xrp is valuable

but it good to have fun with in new creative ways to get it out there...literally

KingBlueXRP lives in my town, and I'm proud to know him online, although I have yet to shake his hand. I missed the fun at SXSW.( I was was in NY. I like to get outa Dodge during that couple of weeks if I can. It's a zoo here.) I promised him a donation when my XRP gets to be more valuable in dollar terms than what  I paid for it. I'm usually a generous tipper. I need to get with the program, I guess.. I'm not on Twitter and I won't be going there, but maybe I can figure it out anyway.

On the "Ripple and employees sold billions" allegation, I reckon that deserves a response.

I already commented several times on David, As sales go it's a drop of **** in the ocean. He lives in a town where a shack goes for a bazillion dollars. He has my permission to sell as much as he needs to, to keep his wife in the style to which she's accustomed and to secure his family's future. I hope he didn't buy ETH again. (Just kidding, David).

On Ripple selling.....one of the reasons I bought XRP in the first place is because Ripple is very clearly a very good keeper of the keys to the vault. Crypto founders  (if you read a few white papers) are pretty good at setting up structures that barely get a coin started before they cash out on their windfall and leave their hodlrs holding  the bag. Ripple has been extremely circumspect on increasing the circulating supply, and even re-escrowing coins in these pre-adoption times that they could have sold.  To intimate that they are dumping coin on the market implies a lack of understanding of the process.

I can understand the complaints some people have that Ripple founders kept a whole lot of XRP for themselves, but this argument that they are selling in a profligate manner is completely absurd, and holds no water whatsoever.

33 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

To intimate that they are dumping coin on the market implies a lack of understanding of the process.

Ofcourse they are dumping. They are selling maximum they. I bought xrp because I wanted one entity to create whole ecosystem. If they achieve that, I will be rich. If they fail. Fack it. Move on. 

But, do I agree with ripple taking into account clearly fake numbers just to sell more? I do not.

Hodor, thank you for your blog! Great read as always!

2 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Ofcourse they are dumping. They are selling maximum they. I bought xrp because I wanted one entity to create whole ecosystem. If they achieve that, I will be rich. If they fail. Fack it. Move on. 

But, do I agree with ripple taking into account clearly fake numbers just to sell more? I do not.

Hodor, thank you for your blog! Great read as always!

I can see we're gonna have to go to the woodshed here. (sigh.)

Say, do you read Forbes, btw?  

First, lets give you a chance to show proof. Utubes with no facts don't count. Got proof? Let's see it.

I will find some links and be back to talk about this subject a little more. When I do, try to stay focused.

Okay, here's a start. 

Ripple (XRP) sold $535.56 million worth of XRP in 2018, according its quarterly report for Q4 2018 released on Jan. 24.

The report further notes that the sales of XRP tokens in Q4 2018 amounted to $129.03 million worth, which is equivalent to 0.24 percent of global XRP volume.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ripple-sold-535-million-worth-of-xrp-in-2018

Ooooh. A quarter of one percent of the global volume. Just f***ing outrageous.

Edited by dr_ed