Sign in to follow this  
xrpmommy

SBI financial results( English) 26/04/2019

Posted (edited)

I have a good feeling about Yoshitaka Kitao because he has lots of experience and good relations in Japanese financial markets. IMO he probably contributed a lot regarding to the legal settlement between Ripple and R3 (page 147). Kitao-san will be a binary event guy: XRP community will absolutely love or hate him in the end depending on how he will manage to lead XRP penetration within Asian financial markets.

1.jpg

This is what I'm talking about: "XRP moving large amounts of money for Crude Oil". I don't know did Kitao-san really say this but I will definetely watch cryptoEri's video today.

Edited by hallwaymonitor

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

I have a good feeling about Yoshitaka Kitao because he has lots of experience and good relations in Japanese financial markets. IMO he probably contributed a lot regarding to the legal settlement between Ripple and R3 (page 147). Kitao-san will be a binary event guy: XRP community will absolutely love or hate him in the end depending on how he will manage to lead XRP penetration within Asian financial markets.

1.jpg

This is what I'm talking about: "XRP moving large amounts of money for Crude Oil". I don't know did Kitao-san really say this but I will definetely watch cryptoEri's video today.

you should look at this video about SBI and Kitao - a lot of interesting connecting dots - I advise you to miss the first ten minutes - it gets very exciting from there on although  I skipped through it because I find it too long and am not a fan of beer swigging presentation techniques.  But definitely one to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiJYlxoho0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

you should look at this video about SBI and Kitao - a lot of interesting connecting dots - I advise you to miss the first ten minutes - it gets very exciting from there on although  I skipped through it because I find it too long and am not a fan of beer swigging presentation techniques.  But definitely one to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiJYlxoho0&feature=youtu.be

I actually read about the Goldman Sachs connection in early 2018, about the same time rumors of the BNY Mellon connection popped up.

The ARM connection was new to me. It makes sense that Polysign could be doing some work with the ARM architecture.

The part about Ripple using big letters to show the Softbank connection in the Board of Directors description of Kitao might be a bit tin-foily, but also strange.

Land of the rising sun, Ripples latest ad? Well. We will see.

D4yXnUWWsAE4kmg.jpg

Edited by mandelbaum

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

I actually read about the Goldman Sachs connection in early 2018, about the same time rumors of the BNY Mellon connection popped up.

The ARM connection was new to me. It makes sense that Polysign could be doing some work with the ARM architecture.

The part about Ripple using big letters to show the Softbank connection in the Board of Directors description of Kitao might be a bit tin-foily, but also strange.

Land of the rising sun, Ripples latest ad? Well. We will see.

D4yXnUWWsAE4kmg.jpg

Thanks, I was interested to read your analysis, there is a lot to take in and weigh up.  ARM has a sinister aspect

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

" ARM is a chip designer, full stop. They don’t make software of any kind"

Just to shine in a bit. I'm a software engineer, mainly embedded. Worked with ARM M/R/A series processors for quite some time, mainly in the Mobile LTE /Smart phone space. ARM's main objective IS selling chip architectures... but there is an extensive amount of software that comes out of ARM to support vendors using their architectures. This comes in the form of drivers, libraries, tools, etc..

Just One example of MANY. In the last 5+ years, ARM has integrated processor blocks for cryptography support. Not "Crypto" in the sense of blockchain, but the required high speed floating point blocks essential to offload math calculation when algorithms require it. They DO provide a security library suite for many of the industry standards... AES, SHA, etc... Much of these are the foundation of the very security algorithms that are used in blockchain.

Depending on the vendor, they can chose to pay for the licensing to use ARM's suites... and it is very commonly used since it is just the cost of licensing. Some companies may chose to interface with these cryptography blocks directly, but the trade off is time and money in R&D. This is rare and usually occurs in niche areas. 

The ARM Cortex A-53 for example:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0500e/CJHDEBAF.html

Here is where my concern is, just using the MPCore Cryptogrophy Extension as an example, Where and Who wrote the drivers/libraries for this? I worked for one of the top European telecom companies and drivers came from all over the world. 

In such a large company, At any point, Malicious code can certainly make it into the initial drivers that we would have used. As a customer of ARM, we just use the underlying libraries that are provided upon making an agreement with ARM. Dormant code COULD be sitting there. Just my .02.

**NOTE**
I am not making a claim about the MPCore Cryptogrophy Extension as being "insecure". I just picked one hardware block with software support from ARMs collection and sort of "picked" at it. Not spreading anything negative here. 

Edited by NissanTracker

Posted (edited)

Another thought came to mind. Looking at how many manufacturers of  processors there are and counterfeit businesses of  processors that exists, statistically out of 1000, at least 1 has malicious "piggy back" hardware/software. Now say a company XYZ wants to create a IoT device or a consumer device that relies on internet connectivity.  Imagine that same company using a processor from a counterfeited  manufacturer and company XYZ tosses an IP stack... or even an IP stack of said vendor. Like.. WOW.. I wouldn't know where to begin. In our Digital asset / crypto world, this is where hardware wallet hi-jacking comes to place. It has been done.. counterfeits are out there. 

More:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-hackers-can-turn-your-phone-into-a-cryptomine-2018-05-11

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/find-out-if-websites-are-mining-bitcoin-cryptocurrency/

Apparently I purchase my aluminum foil from bulk on Amazon. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Edited by NissanTracker