djdhrubs

Could we be a few days from a pump?

Just gonna present some charts focusing on the TD sequential system on a high time frame (3 day chart). This is Binance and for the XRPBTC pair.

I am a strong believer in the sequential system as a means of calling exhaustion of a trend. However it doesn’t tell you how exhausted a trend is and how much in the opposite direction a pump or dump will be. And it’s not perfect, it’s just a TA tool (which I think is one of the best indicators out there) but still not perfect. For example at the time a bunch of green ‘9’ s were hitting for BTC a few weeks ago in many time frames simultaneously we had the epic pump from 3.9 to 5k. Some of the 9’s had an effect but only led to a mild correction. 

You can see that we are now on a red 8. We also have a sequential 13 hitting on the current candle. I’ll try to explain what that is later but it’s another means of gauging exhaustion of the downtrend.

Zooming out you can see that we are completing a repeating pattern. The curves on either side of the September pump have some degree of symmetry.

Also if you look at the RSI it’s ridiculously oversold although we don’t have bullish divergence yet.

88A5802D-519E-4556-B65A-F12E0AE8AD08.png

02A99B99-E711-4374-A521-BDAD840CD94B.png

D691DD0A-6C1C-4340-B1F3-2EE8E6990534.png

Ok to build confidence in the sequential system let’s have a look at what effect some other ‘9’ s had. You can see the legendary pump of 2017/18 topped on a 9. You can also see that it then retraced to a red 9, and then had a pump up!

You can see that although the September pump didn’t top on a 9 (it happened too quickly) one of the later highs in November topped on a 9.

You can also see that the pump of April 2018 when bitcoin went to 10k and we went to 95 cents or whatever it was, happened right after a red 9 and soon after an aggressive 13. (A13 on the chart).

BF3CF976-EBFF-4E0D-9A1F-41F782975130.png

E8B489E9-0DB5-4D01-9ED5-F2BC0956B7A4.png

5049F98E-C7B4-4CFA-9F7B-5F759CBE4A50.png

So I’m holding out some optimism that in the next 1-3 candles or so, we could enjoy a good pump. Whether we then dump or not I have no idea.  But there may be something to look forward to in terms of price action in upcoming days.

Am I gonna trade it? No. I’m still accumulating for now with fiat and not bitcoin.

Edited by djdhrubs

Just my gut feeling......we're in a market now that is no longer likely to turn into a rout for XRP.  I am concerned that shorts are up on BTC.

XRP has held support so well the shorts mostly lost interest. They will pile back on if it breaks down, and a BTC breakdown won't help us hold support.

I'm 100% in alt coins, and 44% XRP at the moment. Tough week, but it looks like I'm only down a little over 10% for the week now.. I could sure live without more carnage, but I'll ride it out if it comes. Just part of the game.

Edited by dr_ed

12 hours ago, whiteout said:

Could we be a few pays away from a dump?

Of course. Not every 9 will have the desired effect. There are some 9’s on the 3 day chart which had no effect whatsoever.

However in combination with an S13 it’s quite a powerful measure of exhaustion. 

The problem is of course bitcoin. If it pumps it’ll nuke XRPBTC. If it dumps it’ll likely nuke XRPBTC. So what we need is some sideways movement for bitcoin and we may have a chance of pumping. Trouble is, bitcoin is quite volatile right now.

Just to recap, the number sequence of 1-9 only happens if (on a downturn) a candle closes below the candle 4 before it. So we will get a 9 if the next candle closes below close of the 5 candle.

After getting a 9, you then have the countdown phase. This progresses if a candle closes below the one two candles before it. The countdown goes to 13.

The sequential count (1-9) can be seen by the numbers above the candles. The countdown count. (1-13) can be seen by the numbers below the candles. We’ve just had a 13 (which was kicked off by the previous 9) and we are about to have a 9 on the sequential.

16 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

So what we need is some sideways movement for bitcoin and we may have a chance of pumping.

$3mil buywall on Poloniex preventing BTC from going below 5100.  We might just get sideways BTC for a while.

It great to pick up XRP in this range from 0.25-0.29.

1-10/ XRP this year is possible and probable.  Well we will see... this price suppression is just winding up for a big swing....

i do think a pump is incoming...

4 hours ago, Excerpts said:

It great to pick up XRP in this range from 0.25-0.29.

1-10/ XRP this year is possible and probable.  Well we will see... this price suppression is just winding up for a big swing....

i do think a pump is incoming...

1-10$ / XRP ? you fool

even 1$ would be hard , so 10$ ..

Edited by Baka

23 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

The problem is of course bitcoin

What do you think about the amount of xrpbtc longs? Have the feeling somebody wants to pump one more time btc, create fomo, sell and switch to xrp.