On 4/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, Hodor said:

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/this-is-crypto/

Crypto - and its volume & volatility - are back!  Find out more & get the latest XRP news in today's blog:

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐩𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Two economists publish a frightening paper describing how nations could employ negative interest rates on bank deposits.  

𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) announced that they'd teamed with one of their customers, PTTEX, to implement Ripple tech; Ripple publishes its Q1 2019 XRP Markets Report; and Navin Gupta provides his insights recently in Dubai.

𝐗𝐑𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: I cover more news from the XRP meetup in Amersfoort; The XRP Zoo conducts an interview with Curis Wang; and PayWithMoon promises they'll be adding XRP support to their Chrome extension.   

I hope you enjoy the read: Please feel free to share my blog with a friend or share it on any other platform - and thanks for doing so!  :victory:

My blog announcement links on other platforms:

Hodor I see you find all sort of material for your website, but you forgot to mention David Schwartz and his XRP sell off.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/this-is-crypto/ Crypto - and its volume & volatility - are back!  Find out more & get the latest XRP news in today's blog: 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐩𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: T

Over these last few weeks t there has been a lot of despondency and complaints on XRPcha about Ripple's missed targets and broken targets.  It is refreshing that you are so bullish.  I do not have eno

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Riseup said:

Hodor I see you find all sort of material for your website, but you forgot to mention David Schwartz and his XRP sell off.

Of course I cannot speak for Hodor.

To my mind David Schwartz selling a percentage of his holding for personal financial reasons has no place for discussion on an XRPchat forums.  He has a private life and is widely respected for his reputation of being open and honest. It was an indulgence to question that he sold some XRP and and wrong to insinuate he was panic selling on inside information.  The thread should have been closed at once because his personal financial affairs are not our business to discuss.  Would you be OK with your bank discussing transactions on your account on an open forum?

If he had sold a huge trend busting sum of say 200 million XRP all at once and closed down his XRP position completely,  that might have been relevant, but that is not what he did.

Edited by Julian_Williams
17 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

To my mind David Schwartz selling a percentage of his holding for personal financial reasons has no place for discussion on an XRPchat forums. 

No place, how so? It's an important event for anyone that is interested in his investment in XRP. David is a CTO of the company that holds the majority of the supply - I don't care that much that he sold - it's his stash after all, the more important question is - why? He has a lot more insider knowledge and access to NDAs than the whole XRP chat forum combined. Obviously, for some people that's not a red flag, but it's worth discussing it at the very least. 

It's not a pleasant topic to discuss (i.e. it's not moon talk), but still.

Btw, he can't sell 200M XRP as he doesn't have that much.

Edited by iLeeT
14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Would you be OK with your bank discussing transactions on your account on an open forum?

Agreed. No one would. Also DS made a valid response addressing it as well. An agreement with his wife to do a little derisking in an environment currently full of risk. Unlike the vast majority of us on XRPChat I would imagine, he does have all his eggs in one basket... and he likes the basket.

55 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Of course I cannot speak for Hodor.

To my mind David Schwartz selling a percentage of his holding for personal financial reasons has no place for discussion on an XRPchat forums.  He has a private life and is widely respected for his reputation of being open and honest. It was an indulgence to question that he sold some XRP and and wrong to insinuate he was panic selling on inside information.  The thread should have been closed at once because his personal financial affairs are not our business to discuss.  Would you be OK with your bank discussing transactions on your account on an open forum?

If he had sold a huge trend busting sum of say 200 million XRP all at once and closed down his XRP position completely,  that might have been relevant, but that is not what he did.

I didnt expect this from you Julian_Williams (especially the part where you mention such thread should be closed at once). I think if this was the regulated market (for example take Tesla and Musk, or some large company like apple or ms and their top shareholders) and such statement as yours would be big capital wrong. It would be actually like we cant say some things, thats not only against freedom of speach (he is not just some joe, he is public figure, CTO OF RIPPLE) but its also against good business practice. And if that was in totally regulated market this would be actually against the law

So pardon my words Julian but do you still stand for what you just said ? 

Edited by Riseup
57 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

No place, how so? It's an important event for anyone that is interested in his investment in XRP. David is a CTO of the company that holds the majority of the supply - I don't care that much that he sold - it's his stash after all, the more important question is - why? He has a lot more insider knowledge and access to NDAs than the whole XRP chat forum combined. Obviously, for some people that's not a red flag, but it's worth discussing it at the very least. 

It's not a pleasant topic to discuss (i.e. it's not moon talk), but still.

Btw, he can't sell 200M XRP as he doesn't have that much.

Yeah I agree with you 100%, he is CTO of Ripple

We are speaking XRP should be used in banking bussiness and Julian saying that such thing when CTO sell his XRP should not be debated, but such thread CLOSED is ALARMING.

EDIT: Just in case if anyone decides to delete what I said I made screen shot and saved this page.

Edited by Riseup
16 minutes ago, Riseup said:

I didnt expect this from you Julian_Williams (especially the part where you mention such thread should be closed at once). I think if this was the regulated market (for example take tesla and Musk, or some large company like apple or ms and their top shareholders) and such statement as yours would be big capital wrong. It would be actually like we cant say some things, thats not freedom of speach but its also againt common sense of good bussiness

So pardon my words Julian but do you still stand for what you just said ? 

Absolutely because to me what was being suggested had libellous overtones.  Unless I had some reason to believe DS was involved in some sort of scam insider trading I would like to see such a thread to not last long on a forum where people come for important analysis on what is happening in the XRP ecosphere (just expressing my opinion).  to my way of thinking it is simply wrong to involve yourself in other peoples personal financial business, unless there is reason to be suspicious.  For instance I think it is reasonable to ask the President of the United States to open his tax records for public scrutiny because there may be conflicts between his job and his business relationships/investments.   DS has always been beyond reproach with his candid responses to questions, however difficult.  He is a long standing member of this forum and did not deserve this sort of innuendo which was afterwards broadcast by enemies of XRP as FUD stories.

Edited by Julian_Williams

I don't think it's something to close a thread over. What it is....is a nothingburger.  I admire David for offering the peanut gallery an explanation, but I think he does care about the hodlrs and felt obligated, or just cared enough to give some clarification. because he surely knew some people would go into major drama mode. And don't forget, FUD sells. (I offer you Forbes as an example.)

Blockchain is unique in that everything is transparent. In the world of stocks when insiders sell, you don't find out for a while. Founders are often very sneaky, and really screw the retail longs by selling into any good upside. That's not what's happening here, but that's where insider selling gets the reputation for being a negative.

If ALL the Ripple insiders were selling, it'd be more relevant to the market. My understanding is that when Ripple started up, that David asked and received a salary, which meant he got less XRP than the other founders, anyway.  How much does he hold?( I'm curious, but it's not that really important for me to know.)

He's not a millenial. He has a family to take care of and a wife who is likely to outlive him by several years (as I do) so it makes perfect sense to own something besides XRP. If all I owned was XRP  and Ripple stock, I'd be happy to have it, but nervous about the unknowns, still, at this point. 

But I figure you don't make the forum better by closing threads with blowback from angry hodlrs and FUDsters. I doubt David will sue the forum, and I expect it's good to let people say what's on their mind and discuss it. For people who idenify with this community, I understand you might feel embarrassed and disappointed at the level of sophistication of your fellow hodlrs....but it IS an internet forum, and anybody can join.

Edited by dr_ed

32 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I don't think it's something to close a thread over. What it is....is a nothingburger.  I admire David for offering the peanut gallery an explanation, but I think he does care about the hodlrs and felt obligated, or just cared enough to give some clarification. because he surely knew some people would go into major drama mode. And don't forget, FUD sells. (I offer you Forbes as an example.)

Blockchain is unique in that everything is transparent. In the world of stocks when insiders sell, you don't find out for a while. Founders are often very sneaky, and really screw the retail longs by selling into any good upside. That's not what's happening here, but that's where insider selling gets the reputation for being a negative.

If ALL the Ripple insiders were selling, it'd be more relevant to the market. My understanding is that when Ripple started up, that David asked and received a salary, which meant he got less XRP than the other founders, anyway.  How much does he hold?( I'm curious, but it's not that really important for me to know.)

He's not a millenial. He has a family to take care of and a wife who is likely to outlive him by several years (as I do) so it makes perfect sense to own something besides XRP. If all I owned was XRP  and Ripple stock, I'd be happy to have it, but nervous about the unknowns, still, at this point. 

But I figure you don't make the forum better by closing threads with blowback from angry hodlrs and FUDsters. I doubt David will sue the forum, and I expect it's good to let people say what's on their mind and discuss it. For people who idenify with this community, I understand you might feel embarrassed and disappointed at the level of sophistication of your fellow hodlrs....but it IS an internet forum, and anybody can join.

I think perhaps people have got my comment at cross purposes.  It is legitimate to post knowledge of a rumour that DS has sold some XRP.  In this case it was inflated with a clickbait title into "Ripple's employees dumping their stash?".  One employee became plural and sell became dumped.  The whole thread then went into spin about how he knew something we did not know and a hunt to force him to explain himself.   I expect this sort of behaviour on a BitcoinMax forum, but not on a forum that has DS as a regular contributor and has been set up to inform members about the latest development of XRP. 

Didn’t David make a statement that Ripple only gave him 60k XRP and that he wanted to take Salery.  So was he buying more xrp with the salary at some point or did Ripple give him a lot more XRP after that statement. If he sold some of the 60 k that’s not much money he’s cashing in on. I would like to know his total XRP holdings along with the rest of the ripple employees. 

6 minutes ago, XRPstrong said:

Didn’t David make a statement that Ripple only gave him 60k XRP and that he wanted to take Salery.  So was he buying more xrp with the salary at some point or did Ripple give him a lot more XRP after that statement. If he sold some of the 60 k that’s not much money he’s cashing in on. I would like to know his total XRP holdings along with the rest of the ripple employees. 

He sold something like 2 million this time... 

Definitely think DS is a boss of epic proportions and he has been totally transparent. I'm sort of confused because I thought his de-risking strategy had to do with not selling low like he did with ETH, which would be what is happening now with XRP presumably? Maybe this is reverse de-risking :)

Edited by Guest