Ripple Welcomes Yoshitaka Kitao to Its Board of Directors

Any strong opinions?

I think it's generally positive... SBI may end up exerting more influence over Ripple's global strategy, but enhancing the partnership is probably a good thing in this case.

Is it normal to elect a CEO to the board of directors of a separate company? Can anyone think of examples of this that come to mind?

25 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Any strong opinions?

I think it's generally positive... SBI may end up exerting more influence over Ripple's global strategy, but enhancing the partnership is probably a good thing in this case.

Is it normal to elect a CEO to the board of directors of a separate company? Can anyone think of examples of this that come to mind?

I can not fathom how it could possibly be a negative....

however, I am curious to see the negative spins that BTCmaxginas come up with...

Certainly, they are all currently sitting around a nice big table bouncing ideas off their large foreheads.....

margot robbie snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
56 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Yoshitaka Kitao is officially replacing Takashi Okita on Ripple’s board on April 25, 2019.

Takashi Okita is the CEO of SBI Ripple Asia. Yoshitaka Kitao is the CEO and President of SBI Holdings Inc. 

6 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Any strong opinions?

To have an additional 'professional eye' on the ongoing business is allways nice. However, considering how Ripple has managed the value of XRP it could be that the Japanese are getting nervous.

Personally I would have liked to see Ripple being more restrictive in it's incentivising actions in the open market. Also we must keep in mind that the first Ripple usecase is crossborder pay and settlement and NOT putting XRP in everyones (average Joe) hands.

In my book that means you need a stable XRP (as stable as possible) which is used by (as many as possible) financial institutions and not by 'weak hands'.

I also believe that the network growth (technical/payments/settlements) is slower than the amount of XRP presently pushed into the market. This weakens the XRP value and makes it a target for whales and speculators.

Hopefully 'Takashi Okita' has a more bankers view on managing the Ripple cashflow and the 'light headed' spending of XRP. Additionally he may advice about a system of defending and promoting  XRP.

Edited by cryptoxrp

Not sure why this hasn’t been posted...

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-welcomes-yoshitaka-kitao-to-its-board-of-directors/

“The Representative Director, President and CEO of SBI Holdings, Inc. Yoshitaka Kitao will be joining Ripple’s Board of Directors. Having served as the head of dozens of companies throughout his career, Mr. Kitao brings to the board extensive leadership experience and knowledge of global financial markets.”