Mcripple

What’s up w Ripple tweet just now about Facebook?

30 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I'm only doing your work because you're doing that of nature!

Who knows, perhaps FB and Ripple will cooperate on this one. Or Ripple is just applauding FB's efforts for blockchain in general.

I would hope Coil and micropayments would be more attractive to Facebook than  its current inefficient advertising model.

Facebook could, Facebook would. I can could and would as well, but that does not mean I will. Not getting any hopes up from this. This blog is just showing what could be possible. 

"By leveraging blockchain infrastructure and crypto exchanges, may have an added advantage. The company can activate its already massive user base in the region and solve the same last-mile payments problem by partnering with regional crypto exchanges as on and off ramps to the Facebook super app."

Birla has basically just described xRapid.

Having said that; if it transpires that Birla (as SVP of Product at Ripple) has written an article about a potential rival blockchain solution and there's no subsequent partnership...  that'd be a very bad signal indeed. It'd be a very salient demonstration of the type of ambiguity that Ripple has been chastised for in the past. 

16 minutes ago, Phintech said:

Facebook/Google/Amazon/Apple + blockchain/payments/xrapid = Goodbye traditional banks

Naw, not unless they all want to deal with financial regulation, and all the potential risks. 

That would change their company's risk profiles and valuations. Doubtful they rock their own boats like that.

Banking as an industry is moving out of the industrial age, into the digital/information/networked age.

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Naw, not unless they all want to deal with financial regulation, and all the potential risks. 

That would change their company's risk profiles and valuations. Doubtful they rock their own boats like that.

Banking as an industry is moving out of the industrial age, into the digital/information/networked age.

Not sure what you’re basing that comment on but every single one of them already have their toes in this water.