Sign in to follow this  
JannaOneTrick

World's first digital bond: Bond-i

38 minutes ago, globalwatch2 said:

Feet on the ground please. Face reality. Jan 2018's $3.84 was market's immaturity & naivety. Now history, stats & facts don't lie. New coins & banks & gov'ts will rise to compete too. Beware! The truth is: 100 bil xrp 'printed', at present value 0.30 = worth US$30 billions, the founders & directors pocketed billions, still releasg 1 bil coins = $300mil mnthly, creating a glut & low xrp prices. Isn't it too centralised & profiting? How many customers & Gov'ts would condone that?  Pls let's be vigilant,  less greedy, more charitable. It's time to petition Brad G & Chris L to gv back to society with humanitarian deeds & earn Karma & blessings.

Wow...epic first post. Yeah that’s it, everyone signs a petition and businesses can then be run the way people around the world signing petitions want. Feet on the ground please.

Nothing delusional here or campaigning against XRP here...Big time supporter for all the progress made so far and hodler for over 2 years, not that i should have to justify my position for others arrogance. It's just that if you literally do 10 minutes of searching you'll see in this particular instance it's not XRP related but ethereum...Maybe in the future with different banks, sure. But not this case.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:22 AM, Dirk_diggler88 said:

Nothing delusional here or campaigning against XRP here...Big time supporter for all the progress made so far and hodler for over 2 years, not that i should have to justify my position for others arrogance. It's just that if you literally do 10 minutes of searching you'll see in this particular instance it's not XRP related but ethereum...Maybe in the future with different banks, sure. But not this case.

XRP may not be mentioned, but Ethereum does not settle within seconds. The connection is Commonwealth Bank of Australia (tied to Ripple and R3) + World Bank.

From the original post,

"Andrea referred to the potential of atomic settlement of having smart contracts settle a transaction. If the issues of digital currency can be resolved, if digital currencies can be made available by central banks, then the potential for the ownership of the security to transfer simultaneously with the transfer of the digital currency, we really could see settlements taking place in T+X, where X is measured in seconds."

ETH does not have the potential of atomic settlement unless connected to ILP, but why not just use XRP especially when they mention Corda and R3? 

Also @JannaOneTrick stated , "I have very little information so far, so it's speculative" so it's really up in the air until more information is presented. 

On 5/20/2019 at 6:43 AM, Dirk_diggler88 said:

“We will continue to collaborate and work with clients, financial institutions and consortiums like R3, as well as with market participants

Though sadly they state in this link below

https://www.commbank.com.au/guidance/newsroom/cba-picked-by-world-bank-to-deliver-world-s-first-standalone-blo0-201808.html

'Important information

CBA and World Bank are using a private Ethereum blockchain for this project. Ethereum currently has the largest and most active development community globally, and offers the functionality we require. However other blockchains are developing rapidly and CBA remains open to other options in the future.

You know maybe you're right, in which case you can give me an 'I told you so' but:

- The only consortium they name is R3

- "Other blockchains are developing rapidly and CBA remains open to other options in the future."

A friend of mine dated a guy once who was 'open to other options in the future'. Didn't take long before he left her for another girl. That's some friggin non committal-language right there, I mean why even include it if you're in bed with ETH.

But the people here are right, it's all speculation. After all, if it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it might actually be a swan. 🦢🦆

Edited by RootSilent

16 August 2019

Both the World Bank and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia wrote a press release about the progress of the World Bank's Bond-i.

Each of them are available by clicking on the pictures below.

Next we intend to deliver additional functionality to deliver greater efficiencies in settlement, custody and regulatory compliance,” said Sophie Gilder, Head of Blockchain & AI, Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actors related to the project

Untitled3.png

TD Securities is a Canadian investment bank and financial services provider

that offers advisory and capital market services to corporate, government, and institutional clients worldwide.

logo_cl_rbc.png

RBC Capital Markets is a global investment bank providing services in banking, finance and capital markets to corporations,

institutional investors, asset managers and governments globally.

Parent:

Untitled4.png

The Royal Bank of Canada is a Canadian multinational financial services company and the largest bank in Canada by market capitalization.

2ca9e8bbe13830d3f008c1f9e328f33e.png

TCorp provides best-in-class investment management, financial management, solutions and advice to the NSW Government family.

Parent:

Treasury_Logo_Job_Ad.png

The Treasury of New South Wales or New South Wales Treasury, a department of the New South Wales Government, is responsible for state financial management policy and reporting, and providing advice to the government on economic conditions and issues in New South Wales, Australia.

Edited by JannaOneTrick

Msg me when they say they use xrp and I'll issue a full page formal apology. Just because it says distributed ledger technology, doesn't mean it's xrp 🙄. Happy to be wrong though, feel like I need to make that clear. 

Not that I'm citing coin desk as a reputable source, but here.. https://www.coindesk.com/world-bank-commbank-team-up-for-world-first-blockchain-bond-transaction

August 20 

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/614198/the-world-bank-is-still-loving-its-blockchain-powered-bonds/

Guess the folks at MIT have no idea about blockchain either... 

But most importantly, 

https//www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2019/08/16/world-bank-issues-second-tranche-of-blockchain-bond-via-bond-i 

And if you read the correlations between articles with Microsoft validating the code from cba and the world bank, cba and Washington hosting the 4 servers, csiro citing research into the ethereum block chain in relation to cba, which (Is Australias research group, whom gave y'all WiFi by the way) you'll quickly realise it's all ethereum. Prove me wrong :)

Not enjoying playing the villain here either by the way. 

George Confos, Executive General Manager of Business & Corporate Finance at Commonwealth Bank, said: “Our proof-of-concept demonstrates blockchain is capable of delivering efficiency to issuers, investors and other market participants. Blockchain makes it possible to increase efficiency and transparency, which will redefine how capital markets operate.

We will continue to collaborate and work with clients, financial institutions and consortiums like R3, as well as with market participants, to understand the opportunities and real life applications of innovative and emerging technologies,” Mr Confos said.

https://www.commbank.com.au/guidance/newsroom/CBA-and-QTC-create-first-government-bond-using-blockchain-201701.html?ei=gsa_newsroom_QTC

As I quoted Sophie Gilder earlier, their focus will switch to improve settlement efficiencies.

3 hours ago, Dirk_diggler88 said:

Msg me when they say they use xrp and I'll issue a full page formal apology. Just because it says distributed ledger technology, doesn't mean it's xrp 🙄. Happy to be wrong though, feel like I need to make that clear. 

Not that I'm citing coin desk as a reputable source, but here.. https://www.coindesk.com/world-bank-commbank-team-up-for-world-first-blockchain-bond-transaction

August 20 

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/614198/the-world-bank-is-still-loving-its-blockchain-powered-bonds/

Guess the folks at MIT have no idea about blockchain either... 

But most importantly, 

https//www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2019/08/16/world-bank-issues-second-tranche-of-blockchain-bond-via-bond-i 

And if you read the correlations between articles with Microsoft validating the code from cba and the world bank, cba and Washington hosting the 4 servers, csiro citing research into the ethereum block chain in relation to cba, which (Is Australias research group, whom gave y'all WiFi by the way) you'll quickly realise it's all ethereum. Prove me wrong :)

Not enjoying playing the villain here either by the way. 

But yet you quote coin desk to try disprove 

and I’m not quite sure if your sincerity as not being the villain is true but I suppose all will become clearer at a later date. Pfft WiFi, a British man  gave the World Wide Web and a Scott gave you phone telecommunications, 😂

This is one of the most bizarre discussions I have ever read on XRPChat. Every reputable source says Ethereum (a technology with many flaws) but @JannaOneTrick keeps insisting it has something to do with Ripple. Lets give up entirely on objective reality shall we?

@Dirk_diggler88 you have my sympathies. 

Edited by ZzZerper
Typo

Sign in to follow this