yxxyun

codius development stopped again ?

I looked at codiushosts.com

It's online but there are no running contracts. There are only a few hosts running. Is there nobody using codius smart contracts ?

On 5/20/2019 at 12:36 AM, dibbru said:

I looked at codiushosts.com

It's online but there are no running contracts. There are only a few hosts running. Is there nobody using codius smart contracts ?

Codius was too unstable (primarily due to hyperd).

Unfortunately the Coil devs are too busy to have any resources dedicated to Codius currently.

As such most people (including me) stopped running their hosts as it was just costing us money with no benefit (no production contracts yet).

I thought it was Importamt for ripple to be involved in the smart contracts. I think they have the ressources to recrute enough developers to fix the bugs.

Maybe they are working on a private project, but as far as I saw there was nothing new in codius. No real decentralization. No real smart contracts.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 10:47 PM, strikerjax said:

I think david mentioned that they might do this through xpring.

Yes, I think they are probably going to further Codius development via xPring's most recent investment into Agoric. It also seems as if xPring is on a hiring spree as well:

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 8.28.32 AM.png

Edited by King34Maine

1 hour ago, tulo said:

Maybe they are working on a private project, but as far as I saw there was nothing new in codius. No real decentralization. No real smart contracts.

Hey @tulo !

What's up dude?

6 minutes ago, tulo said:

Hey.

I'm fine...you? ;)

Yup, all good. Good temperature here. Some good we planned ahead! Life is not bad I must say ; )

On 4/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, yxxyun said:

https://github.com/codius/codiusd/commits/master

No commits since the end of 2018

During Stefan's Reddit AMA, someone asked him: 

"It is said that Coil comes from Codius + Interledger.

Could you share with us the plans that Coil has for Codius, if any?"

Stefan's reply:

We have one developer working on Codius full-time at the moment. Our hypothesis is that once there are a number of websites earning money through Web Monetization, they'll be looking to spend that money on hosting and Codius could be the next step towards keeping those funds circulating in the Interledger ecosystem.

In other words, we think Codius is very important long-term but our immediate focus is on Web Monetization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/buuxws/im_stefan_thomas_and_i_introduced_millions_of/epi3prv/?context=3