Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kev4022

XRP under $1 for years?

Recommended Posts

This is going to sound like a fud post, it's not intentional but I cannot see massive price gains for years. Currently my pot is 90% XRP 10% TRX and I intend to keep it this way, I guess I've come to the realisation that I'll have a long time to continue to accumulate!

Remittance:

"According to the World Bank, in 2018 overall global remittance grew 10% to US$689 billion, including US$528 billion to developing countries.[2] Overall global remittance is expected to grow 3.7% to US$ 715 billion in 2019, including US$549 billion to developing nations"

So if Ripple with xRapid captured 100% of global remittance the volume would be...less than 2 Billion Dollars per day. This is pennies in the grand scheme of things not to mention this would require all corridors open to Ripplenet and all private remittance companies using xRapid. Setting up these payment corridors is proving to be slow progress (in my mind at least). Ripple imo will be lucky to capture 50% of this market.

Bot Traders:

The market will remain manipulated until real utility kicks in, bot traders don't care about single massive gains when when they can achieve the same results with numerous smaller trades, they're programmed for the tiniest of percentage gains. Note $2bn per day isn't substantial utility. 

Banks:

The holy grail for XRP investors...please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Banks need to setup their own public exchange systems for Bank to Bank transfers so effectively you'd have (Bank A(Exchange))->(Exchange(Bank B)), isn't this what Brad Garlinghouse was referring to when he mentioned Banks will hold Digital Assets? Private exchanges such as Bitstamp for Remittance and Bank Exchanges for B2B, all interconnected so for example you'd be able to transfer XRP from your Binance account to your Bank held XRP digital wallet. Well all this isn't going to magically happen overnight, if I had to put my guessing boots on I'd say we're at least 5 years from this maybe longer given how slow the world reacts.

 

This reads like a rant, I apologise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 minutes ago, kev4022 said:

This is going to sound like a fud post, it's not intentional but I cannot see massive price gains for years. Currently my pot is 90% XRP 10% TRX and I intend to keep it this way, I guess I've come to the realisation that I'll have a long time to continue to accumulate!

Remittance:

"According to the World Bank, in 2018 overall global remittance grew 10% to US$689 billion, including US$528 billion to developing countries.[2] Overall global remittance is expected to grow 3.7% to US$ 715 billion in 2019, including US$549 billion to developing nations"

So if Ripple with xRapid captured 100% of global remittance the volume would be...less than 2 Billion Dollars per day. This is pennies in the grand scheme of things not to mention this would require all corridors open to Ripplenet and all private remittance companies using xRapid. Setting up these payment corridors is proving to be slow progress (in my mind at least). Ripple imo will be lucky to capture 50% of this market.

Bot Traders:

The market will remain manipulated until real utility kicks in, bot traders don't care about single massive gains when when they can achieve the same results with numerous smaller trades, they're programmed for the tiniest of percentage gains. Note $2bn per day isn't substantial utility. 

Banks:

The holy grail for XRP investors...please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Banks need to setup their own public exchange systems for Bank to Bank transfers so effectively you'd have (Bank A(Exchange))->(Exchange(Bank B)), isn't this what Brad Garlinghouse was referring to when he mentioned Banks will hold Digital Assets? Private exchanges such as Bitstamp for Remittance and Bank Exchanges for B2B, all interconnected so for example you'd be able to transfer XRP from your Binance account to your Bank held XRP digital wallet. Well all this isn't going to magically happen overnight, if I had to put my guessing boots on I'd say we're at least 5 years from this maybe longer given how slow the world reacts.

 

This reads like a rant, I apologise.

 

 

Some of the main large corridors like US to EUR are already very efficient, so there isn't anything to gain here moving to ripplenet.

However, I can here the stampede coming. "But what about freeing up funds held in Nostro\Vostro accounts." Another red herring. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think XRP will be left behind. All other digital assets are currently enjoying ubiquitous adoption, due to clear use cases and outstanding teams behind them. And they never sell any of their personal stash. XRP is the only scam.

And like most things from the 1970's (e.g., Disco, shag carpet, leisure suits, wood-paneled station wagons), you really can't improve upon the SWIFT Network. It's a model of speed, transparency, and efficiency . . . all at an affordable cost. I've used it countless times for wires from the USA to Europe, anytime I have absolutely, positively had to get money there eventually. Then again, I'm like a kid at Christmas; I like surprises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

I think XRP will be left behind. All other digital assets are currently enjoying ubiquitous adoption, due to clear use cases and outstanding teams behind them. And they never sell any of their personal stash. XRP is the only scam.

And like most things from the 1970's (e.g., Disco, shag carpet, leisure suits, wood-paneled station wagons), you really can't improve upon the SWIFT Network. It's a model of speed, transparency, and efficiency . . . all at an affordable cost. I've used it countless times for wires from the USA to Europe, anytime I have absolutely, positively had to get money there eventually. Then again, I'm like a kid at Christmas; I like surprises. 

Can’t tell if you’re joking or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:

Sarcasm fully intended. SWIFT sucks. If XRP doesn't send it to that great big dinosaur graveyard in the sky, then something else needs to.

SWIFT is an old boys club run by some very wealthy and powerful men. It's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

11,000+ banks are using it.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:

And like most things from the 1970's (e.g., Disco, shag carpet, leisure suits, wood-paneled station wagons), you really can't improve upon the SWIFT Network.

Just reading that makes me want to put on my Leo Sayer LP while sipping on a Piña Colada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I think the same thing was said about brick and mortar stores 

and they still exist despite internet shopping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
55 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Yea but they lost a gigantic share of the market. To amazon alone 

Blessing in disguise for them, they can sell on Amazon as well. Even more exposure. 

I don't think that reference is the same though with Ripple and SWIFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Blessing in disguise for them, they can sell on Amazon as well. Even more exposure. 

I don't think that reference is the same though with Ripple and SWIFT.

These companies pay amazon for the right to sell. 

Similar analogy in the future could be Swift partnering with Ripple to utilize the network. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

At this point I’m hanging my hat on the fact that the market moves as one. If bitcoin ever has another bull run, XRP will follow just like every other alt. Fundamentals have zero play in this market (right now) as far as I’m concerned. 

Although with this latest run of BTC from 3100-5500 many Alts did 100/200/300/400%.   XRP appeared to be in a much more restricted range and was quite stable - XRP is at the bottom of that range right now, whereas many other alts are still ranging at multiples of where they were in Dec.

just my observation.  XRP may not launch until it’s own fundamentals are proven - it behaves differently than most these other alts I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Excerpts said:

XRP appeared to be in a much more restricted range and was quite stable - XRP is at the bottom of that range right now

...which makes it a good buy at current prices due to its relatively limited downside potential...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...