Nihilist

Q1 2019 XRP Markets Report

10 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

you cry about that

You must be very confused. This discussion is about the OP and Ripple relying upon hodler $$ to pay for 100% of their project. Not 50/50, not 70/30, not even 80/20 — it’s a significant point considering they’ve announced a new venture into gaming without being very clear about their progress with cross-border payments. If I paid $2/XRP during the 2017/18 FOMO, and awaiting significant signs the value of the XRP pot will be increasing, this is not one of them. As long as I’ve got my XRP and willing to keep ‘em for the long term, then it seems plausible to discuss this as much as any other aspect of Ripple’s Markets Report. 

8 minutes ago, lucky said:

I prefer a lower percentage over public inflated data, over higher percentage based on some hocus-pocus unverifiable algorithm to compute "real volume". That is less  transparent.

Yea, because taking into account exchanges with clearly fake volume and then brag about how you are being transparent is way to go.

I wonder how much they would sell if they used xrapid volume, lol.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Based on what revenue?

you are right: my maths is wrong - yup 169 X 4 = 676 - but it would be reasonable to assume the value will go up in coming quarters.  (Was it about 500+ last year?)

Edited by Julian_Williams

Just now, codiusrex said:

You must be very confused. This discussion is about the OP and Ripple relying upon hodler $$ to pay for 100% of their project. Not 50/50, not 70/30, not even 80/20 — it’s a significant point considering they’ve announced a new venture into gaming without being very clear about their progress with cross-border payments. If I paid $2/XRP during the 2017/18 FOMO, and awaiting significant signs the value of the XRP pot will be increasing, this is not one of them. As long as I’ve got my XRP and willing to keep ‘em for the long term, then it seems plausible to discuss this as much as any other aspect of Ripple’s Markets Report. 

You are assuming that Ripple charges nothing for their products. That is pure speculation. 

They have invested in Forte, a company working on integrating XRP into games. Forte is doing the work on that, not Ripple. Ripple is still focused on cross border payments. You should be happy that they're investing in so many promising use cases for XRP.

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

you are right: my maths is wrong - yup 169 X 4 = 676 - but It ould be reasonable to assume the value will go up in coming quarters.

No. I mean where is the revenue being generated from? Sales of their software or sales of their XRP?

2 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Yea, because taking into account exchanges with clearly fake volume and then brag about how you are being transparent is way to go.

I wonder how much they would sell if they used xrapid volume, lol.

So the argument here is that Ripple should gratuitously call attention to fake volume, and then come up with a number that the market can't verify?

Just now, gamblin310 said:

That is pure speculation

Owning XRP is pure speculation of which I’m participating already. Now that I’ve laid my cards on the table, how is Ripple generating their revenue? From sales of what?

3 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Scenario - if I, or a BTC maxi, or even God forbid Ripple, want to sell more XRP without the intelligent audience realizing it - what prevents it to spin up a couple of Chinese exchanges and pump up the numbers? In a regulated market that won't fly.

You hit the nail on the head.