Paulo

Disney to own xRapid exchange Bitstamp?

Posted (edited)

Not saying that Disney is thinking of this but imagine this "Disney operates parks and other entities around the world, tourist come in from all over the place, so the need for quick conversion and settlement is there.  What if instead of getting those cards or wristbands that you utilize throughout  the park they load your card with XRP value equivalent to the $ demonization you paid for your Park Hopper pass and events etc, as you spend that XRP in the parks etc it's quickly settled into US dollars.  As I mentioned Disney deals with a plethora of foreign currency on the daily,   At any given time at the parks in the US you will typically have just as many foreign visitors as you see domestic and those parks turn out visitors in the 100's of thousands monthly.  You may ask why I say "As you spend it's settled into XRP?"   Well I can speak for myself and some others if you purchase say a week park hopper pass you may not be able to do it all in one consecutive week and choose to come back at another time.  Disney gives you time I think maybe a year I could be wrong it's been a while to fully utilize your pass before it expires. "Could Disney be one of the 3 household names mentioned some time ago??" This is pure speculation so please do not over analyze this, take it for what it is now.  Speculation!!! Disney is definitely a Household name.

Edited by RikkiTikki

Interesting connection in the deal, but my eyebrows raised more when I read the mention of Tencent in the article..

According to JoongAng Ilbo, various major entities had taken an interest in the stake. These include Tencent and Kakao, both of which are currently pursuing cryptocurrency-related projects of their own.

19 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

Not saying that Disney is thinking of this but imagine this "Disney operates parks and other entities around the world, tourist come in from all over the place, so the need for quick conversion and settlement is there.  What if instead of getting those cards or wristbands that you utilize throughout  the park they load your card with XRP value equivalent to the $ demonization you paid for your Park Hopper pass and events etc, as you spend that XRP in the parks etc it's quickly settled into US dollars.  As I mentioned Disney deals with a plethora of foreign currency on the daily,   At any given time at the parks in the US you will typically have just as many foreign visitors as you see domestic and those parks turn out visitors in the 100's of thousands monthly.  You may ask why I say "As you spend it's settled into XRP?"   Well I can speak for myself and some others if you purchase say a week park hopper pass you may not be able to do it all in one consecutive week and choose to come back at another time.  Disney gives you time I think maybe a year I could be wrong it's been a while to fully utilize your pass before it expires. "Could Disney be one of the 3 household names mentioned some time ago??" This is pure speculation so please do not over analyze this, take it for what it is now.  Speculation!!! Disney is definitely a Household name.

The deal at hand is huge, like $13 billion, and Disney doesn't really have much experience in crypto except for DragonChain.