BobWay

Question: [Study Group] What days do we meet?

Hey, From London here, session one is doable being a weekend, but does start pretty late and session 2 presumably being in the week doesn't leave much time to play with for most people from finishing their day jobs (mine never finishes at the same time daily), commuting home and evening necessities. 

Would a morning Session (Houston time) for session 1 on the weekend be something to think about, and being the weekend, everyone could try and prioritise and be flexible with it, then see after feed back, what time zone it the most of a disadvantage to, and adjust session 2 to that.

This obviously can work the other way around too, in my European time zone, none of the sessions proposed are ideal, but I am aware that me being the centre of my universe, starts, and ends with me :)

6 hours ago, AFutureInReverse said:

Everyone, we (PeterC and I) have come up with two class times that should work with almost everyone.  We tried our best to accommodate all the time zones and preferences.

The two proposed sessions:

Session #1 GMT - Sat 1:00 a.m./CST - Friday 8:00 p.m./EST - Friday 9:00 p.m. /PST - Friday 6:00 p.m. /MST - Friday 7:00 p.m. /AEST - Sat 11:00 a.m./JST - Sat 10:00 a.m./IST - Sat 6:30 a.m.

Session #2 GMT - (Day to be chosen) 6:00 p.m./London & BST -  7:00 p.m./CEST - 8:00 p.m. /Costa Rica 12:00 p.m.

Please post your comments regarding these choices.  In particular note that Session 1 classes are held on Friday nights.   Thanks,

Friday works for me also. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you kindly for organising us in our time zones..

I would be more than willing to take session 1. But if too many people are in Session one.. I will be the first to opt for Session 2.

Regards J

Edited by XRPAfrica

9 hours ago, Jay_Jay_Semple said:

Hey, From London here, session one is doable being a weekend, but does start pretty late and session 2 presumably being in the week doesn't leave much time to play with for most people from finishing their day jobs (mine never finishes at the same time daily), commuting home and evening necessities. 

Would a morning Session (Houston time) for session 1 on the weekend be something to think about, and being the weekend, everyone could try and prioritise and be flexible with it, then see after feed back, what time zone it the most of a disadvantage to, and adjust session 2 to that.

This obviously can work the other way around too, in my European time zone, none of the sessions proposed are ideal, but I am aware that me being the centre of my universe, starts, and ends with me :)

Jay_Jay_Semple, hello.  Most people actually asked for evening hours so that is why the times are as they are.  We did our best to accommodate all of the different time zones and still keep the classes to two per week for Bob.  I hope that you can attend.  Thanks,

3 hours ago, AFutureInReverse said:

Jay_Jay_Semple, hello.  Most people actually asked for evening hours so that is why the times are as they are.  We did our best to accommodate all of the different time zones and still keep the classes to two per week for Bob.  I hope that you can attend.  Thanks,

thats cool, i'm not going to let it get in the way, thanks for all the effort trying to co-ordinate, it must be a nightmare, Session 1 would be the best for me. thanks