BobWay

Chat: [Study Group] Introduce Yourselves

Greetings, 

I am Scott. I work in the engineering side of manufacturing industry for large flying machines. I am passionate about personal finance and alternative technology to create the most personal utility for all people who want to reach financial Independence. I look forward to learning and contributing where I can in the community. 

My name is Alan.  On Twitter I am @TheL337Trance and on YouTube TheL337Trance.  I have 25 IT certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, E-Council, Cisco, Wireshark) ad hold a bachelors of Computer Science.  Currently I work as a network engineer for a software company and trade crypto on the side.

Strengths: Network protocols, system architecture (x86, x64), digital forensics, compliance, and best security practices.  I'm very good at taking problems and picking apart of the OSI model to get to the root cause.

Goals: I want to be fluent enough with the xrp ledger that I can teach classes on Udemy.

Hi Everyone and greetings from Yerevan, Armenia!

My name is Natalie (prefer to be called Nats), I'm 22 years old. 

I might open a Youtube channel in future, but I'm here to deepen my knowledge in XRP in the first place.

I'm very enthusiastic in introducing XRP in Armenia and overall assist in educating people on digital assets but for that I must be informed first!

I'll be happy to offer my help in organizational questions, as well as translating any material into Armenian and Russian. 

My timezone is GMT+4

Hello all,

I am Phil (Futureboi) and I live in Germany.

I am a Video Games Professional with a huge International Network (~5k Games Professionals).

I am developing new business models for the Games Industry -Blockchain is a massive opportunity here.

I love XRP and I would love to learn much more about the whole thing and help spreading the word in the global Games Industry.

Cheers

Fututeboi „Phil“

Posted (edited)

My name is Bruce

I live in the mountains of the greater Salt Lake City,  UT USA area ... MST timezone

I'm a Software Engineer and XRP enthusiast. My background is about 15 years of J2EE and Relational DB's plus the last 4 years devoted to Javascript/React/Redux. I worked for years as a full stack dev and since most back-end guys didn't want to deal with the front end or "the client," I always ended up doing a lot of front end work. About 4 years ago, with the emergence of SPA's, I decided to become a full time Front End Engineer. I am focused on the best UX possible for the user. I write software and lead a team at a non-profit FinTech dedicated to helping people save money for university via 529 Plan Management (US IRS Tax benefit).

I worked on Western Union's first web based payment system over 15 years ago for the EMEA. So, Ripple and XRP caught my attention right away.

I fluently speak English and Portuguese (Brazilian).

I can be reached at @szv6y0 on Twitter.

I am interested in learning to develop on top of the XRPL, in particular wealth management using Interledger and Codius. I am looking for the right opportunity or even creating the right opportunity, but have yet found that golden project. I am a big believer in what Ripple is doing and would like to evangelize the XRP Ecosystem as much as possible as well.

What I think would be helpful for the DEV community would be a set of video tutorials explaining testing and developing within the XRP Ecosystem.

Edited by szv6y0

Posted (edited)

Hello, everybody. I go by Mackdaddy. I first looked at Ripple XRP back in 2014 and recently rediscovered it last year. I have studied it thoroughly everyday since. I would like to learn as much as possible about XRP and distributed ledger technology. I am from South Carolina. I am a skilled songwriter and a decent writer in general. I hope to learn enough to get in on the ground floor and possibly develop a business around this technology in the future. I am on Twitter and I am planning to start a YouTube channel sometime soon as well. Maybe I can use what I learn here to get me off to a running start. This is such a great time to be alive and I feel privileged to learn from Mr. Bob Way and you all. Thanks for having me. 

Edited by Mackdaddy
Made some small corrections

Hi!

My name is Eddie Tennison, aka dr_ed here.....I generally answer to Eddie. I write about various investing topics,in the broader context of our collapsing civilization and the ongoing forces that threaten human existence....... like climate change,  the end of cheap energy, and the ongoing mass migrations driven by collapse and overpopulation. Doomer ****, in other words. 

I live in Austin, Texas. US central time. Bob Way time. I speak only English and Texanese. 

My goal is to help ordinary people (including me) use their savings to make outsize financial gains by means of both traditional and alternative investments in a time when returns are generally stagnant , and traditional strategies are facing increasing headwinds going forward.  I question most accepted wisdom about investing, and I've toyed with writing my own book on investing and wealth-building.

Since early last fall  my interest has been  mostly crypto-related. My content is not widely disseminated, but can be found hiding in plain sight, for anyone who wants to find it. I post on a "Web 1.0"  style forum in a quiet corner of the web mostly visited by people who question the notion of an economy based on endless growth and debt based money.  http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php/topic,11713.0.htm

I am not on Twiiter, Facebook, Youtube, or any Web 2.0 social media. This is by conscious choice. I am active on Susie Crew's subscriber forum and I often comment on some of your utube content.. Nice to see some of the better utubers checking in on this thread. Hi y'all.

My interest in cryptos in general, and XRP in particular, comes out of a 3 decade long study of commerce, money and exchange, gold and precious metals, wealth inequality, and the growing instability of our monetary and economic systems. I've made (and occasionally lost) substantial amounts of money in gold, real estate, and stocks.  But I still work my day job for a living. I'm a practicing dentist.

My interest in this group arises out of frustration with my lack of a truly deep technical understanding of how blockchain and XRP works..........in spite of lots of time spent reading and watching videos.  I hope to add to my knowledge base by listening to Bob and you developers and and engineers who work in the field. I probably won't be capable of making a huge contribution here, but I'd like to tag along, if that's okay.

49 minutes ago, szv6y0 said:

My name is Bruce

I live in the mountains of the greater Salt Lake City,  UT USA area ... MST timezone

I'm a Software Engineer and XRP enthusiast. My background is about 15 years of J2EE and Relational DB's plus the last 4 years devoted to Javascript/React/Redux. I worked for years as a full stack dev and since most back-end guys didn't want to deal with the front end or "the client," I always ended up doing a lot of front end work. About 4 years ago, with the emergence of SPA's, I decided to become a full time Front End Engineer. I am focused on the best UX possible for the user. I write software and lead a team at a non-profit FinTech dedicated to helping people save money for university via 529 Plan Management (US IRS Tax benefit).

I worked on Western Union's first web based payment system over 15 years ago for the EMEA. So, Ripple and XRP caught my attention right away.

I fluently speak English and Portuguese (Brazilian).

I can be reached at @szv6y0 on Twitter.

I am interested in learning to develop on top of the XRPL, in particular wealth management using Interledger and Codius. I am looking for the right opportunity or even creating the right opportunity, but have yet found that golden project. I am a big believer in what Ripple is doing and would like to evangelize the XRP Ecosystem as much as possible as well.

What I think would be helpful for the DEV community would be a set of video tutorials explaining testing and developing within the XRP Ecosystem.

Bruce, nice to meet you.

On 4/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, BobWay said:

As I mentioned about 80 people wrote me wanting to participate in the study group sessions. Each of you had different reasons for why you want to participate and how you intend to use the new information.

1. Some would like the be “the face of XRP” for a region. People like YouTuber’s, Bloggers, and News Sites.
  2. Others want to help translate content, or create additional content but aren’t really intending to become public figures.
  3. Still others want to understand well enough to answer questions coming from other community members.
  4. Finally many others offered to help organize and facilitate the study group, while they are learning.

So now is the time for you to introduce yourselves to each other.

While you are doing this, I'd like to capture some information to help organize the group. So please include:

• How you prefer to be identified. (name, handle, nick. etc)
  • The other social media identities you use. (twitter, youtube, websites)
  • The region, culture, or language audience you'd like to help reach.
  • The timezone you are physically in (for session planning)
  • If you'd like to participate in a regional team and what skills you can contribute

20 hours ago, CryptoEri said:

Hello Everyone. I'm Eri 

I'd like to study, learn and discuss the material shared by Bob on XRP, the XRP Ledger, etc. 

Please call me "Eri" which is the name I use in Japan because my given name has a "z", "b" and "th" which are sounds proven to be difficult for Japanese to pronounce. Eri is a shortened version, easy and common in this part of the world. 

I'm also known as: @sentosumosaba on twitter (sento = hot spring bath, sumo = I'm a serious fan, saba = a favorite sushi).  

My Youtube channel is: CryptoEri  / I upload on average, 6X per week and have had an online presence in this XRP space for 14 mos primarily with an English speaking audience, however my reach is truly world-wide as shown in my google analytics. Women viewership is growing at a fast clip recently. 

I grew up in the SF Bay Area (California) and currently reside in Tokyo which has been my home for 16 years. I am able to translate the material / or PPT decks into Japanese and distribute to the Japanese XRP community by way of influencers whom I know online - both on the twitter and the Youtube platform. 

Tokyo: GMT+9

I'm hoping to be a team member in any capacity with a personal goal to grow the XRP holder base, increase investor awareness, and attract new users to the technology. In addition, I think it is important to dispel any mistruths people might have about Ripple & XRP that hinder its status in this ecosystem. Lastly, I love this space.   .

Hello everyone my name is Mike.  @MikesCrypto I have been into crypto and XRP since 10/17 . I am from the Boston area and I am a painting contractor. I can't tell you how many hours of research and digging into all this space and especially Ripple and XRP I run a small meet up and would like to venture into meetups in the Boston area but I am intimidated There are a lot of MIT types there so unless i thoroughly know something. I get a little nervous. I have no problem telling friends and others how great and such a once in a life time opportunity this is. Thats enough out of me I'm really excited to really learn XRP 

IMG_ogv7gc.jpg

On 4/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, BobWay said:

As I mentioned about 80 people wrote me wanting to participate in the study group sessions. Each of you had different reasons for why you want to participate and how you intend to use the new information.

1. Some would like the be “the face of XRP” for a region. People like YouTuber’s, Bloggers, and News Sites.
  2. Others want to help translate content, or create additional content but aren’t really intending to become public figures.
  3. Still others want to understand well enough to answer questions coming from other community members.
  4. Finally many others offered to help organize and facilitate the study group, while they are learning.

So now is the time for you to introduce yourselves to each other.

While you are doing this, I'd like to capture some information to help organize the group. So please include:

• How you prefer to be identified. (name, handle, nick. etc)
  • The other social media identities you use. (twitter, youtube, websites)
  • The region, culture, or language audience you'd like to help reach.
  • The timezone you are physically in (for session planning)
  • If you'd like to participate in a regional team and what skills you can contribute

20 hours ago, CryptoEri said:

Hello Everyone. I'm Eri 

I'd like to study, learn and discuss the material shared by Bob on XRP, the XRP Ledger, etc. 

Please call me "Eri" which is the name I use in Japan because my given name has a "z", "b" and "th" which are sounds proven to be difficult for Japanese to pronounce. Eri is a shortened version, easy and common in this part of the world. 

I'm also known as: @sentosumosaba on twitter (sento = hot spring bath, sumo = I'm a serious fan, saba = a favorite sushi).  

My Youtube channel is: CryptoEri  / I upload on average, 6X per week and have had an online presence in this XRP space for 14 mos primarily with an English speaking audience, however my reach is truly world-wide as shown in my google analytics. Women viewership is growing at a fast clip recently. 

I grew up in the SF Bay Area (California) and currently reside in Tokyo which has been my home for 16 years. I am able to translate the material / or PPT decks into Japanese and distribute to the Japanese XRP community by way of influencers whom I know online - both on the twitter and the Youtube platform. 

Tokyo: GMT+9

I'm hoping to be a team member in any capacity with a personal goal to grow the XRP holder base, increase investor awareness, and attract new users to the technology. In addition, I think it is important to dispel any mistruths people might have about Ripple & XRP that hinder its status in this ecosystem. Lastly, I love this space.   .

Hello everyone my name is Mike.  @MikesCrypto I have been into crypto and XRP since 10/17 . I am from the Boston area and I am a painting contractor. I can't tell you how many hours of research and digging into all this space and especially Ripple and XRP I run a small meet up and would like to venture into meetups in the Boston area but I am intimidated There are a lot of MIT types there so unless i thoroughly know something. I get a little nervous. I have no problem telling friends and others how great and such a once in a life time opportunity this is. Thats enough out of me I'm really excited to really learn XRP 

Hello everybody, 

I go by the name Crypto Tomato. 

Sorry for being late.

I see a lot of amazing people on this thread which make me a bit nervous and humble at the same time.

I know there are many people that are much better than me, but I will do my best to pass the great info along to people in Korea. 

I am from South Korea.

I have a cryptocurrency Youtube channel where I post my videos almost every day.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2HXx2zvM5nOHzjB0wMDpw

Now I am working as a full-time YouTuber, but before that, I was a professional illustrator and did some graphic design works as well. 

My time zone is UTC -7

Thanks!

Hi everyone, my name is Leo (Leandro) and I'm from Brazil. I'm a graphic designer down here from around 20 years. I do 3D design and 3D animation for tv and internet. My intentions over Ripple and XRP are to spread the word RIPPLE and XRP to people over here. In Brazil, most of the people have heard about bitcoin but it is not common to see people that know about XRP, so that's why I'm ready to help those people to acquire knowledge on this thread. I need to get more in deep about ripple and xrp and no one is better to help me out as BOB WAY. I'm pretty sure I could help to expand the name XRP over here. 

I live in South Brazil in a place called CURITIBA. Down here I can see a lot of potentials to make my city the most crypto city in Brazil. Let's see how far we can go with Bob's help.

Thank you so far and I hope we can meet each other on a round table having a nice cold beer.

Hi Bob and all,

My name is Yaju, born and raised in mainland China. Lived in Toronto for 8 years and then moved to Montreal, Canada, a city where European and North American cultures are well mixed. Been here for almost 9 years now. Not thinking to move elsewhere except during the long cold winter 😀 

I started to get into the Digital Assets space around December 2017. Since Bitcoin was quite expensive at the time, as an investor, my goal was to find the next Bitcoin. Luckily I think not only did I find it, and it's better - faster, cheaper, more scalable and environmentally friendly. And it's XRP, the digital asset that had 5 years head start than many other projects, is being worked on by very smart people, and has expanded globally!

It would be in my best interest to gain more knowledge about this revolutionary technology that solves not only the cross boarder payment issue, but also a much larger one, liquidity. Equally, it would be my pleasure to promote XRP and anything related to it😍