JannaOneTrick

Increase in small - medium payments - [Galgitron]

Been following this analysis for a while. Looks real. Still small but it's a start. 

15 hours ago, JannaOneTrick said:

Today Galgitron posted a very interesting shot from his spreadsheet.

I analyzed it quickly to give a better understanding of the numbers behind the chart.

The main focus are:

• Remittances And Payments between: 20 - 1,500 XRP (6 - 500$)
  • Medium Payments between: 1,500 - 15,000 XRP (500 - 5,000$)

Multiple things are interesting:

• The increase for both segments began at the same time, around mid February (Some event may have happened to trigger such strong surges)
  • The increases are proportionally similar, slightly stronger for small payments, which seems logical in regards to remittances
  • There are twice more small payments of 500$ max than payments of 15,000$ max, which again seems logical (low value, high volume)

D4h-Crqz-W0-AEIKNK.png

Nice post. Looks like adoption is ‘kicking in’. :)

@JannaOneTrick @galgitron

These are great metrics, one aspect of Liquidity. 

I'm not sure if it is possible, but if fiat:XRP conversions could be tracked.. we could see 'liquidity depth per fiat", and that is the key metric.  It should be growing in both number of fiat pairings, and depth per fiat, if the network's utility is growing. (Also #of orderbooks making a market for each fiat pair, this adds robustness)

Can you track exchange-to-exchange transactions? Or Payment Channel claim TXs settling between exchanges?

2 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

@JannaOneTrick @galgitron

These are great metrics, one aspect of Liquidity. 

I'm not sure if it is possible, but if fiat:XRP conversions could be tracked.. we could see 'liquidity depth per fiat", and that is the key metric.  It should be growing in both number of fiat pairings, and depth per fiat, if the network's utility is growing. (Also #of orderbooks making a market for each fiat pair, this adds robustness)

Can you track exchange-to-exchange transactions? Or Payment Channel claim TXs settling between exchanges?

Pretty sure I asked Galgitron this and fiat isn't exchanged on ledger, IOUs are? Can't remember the exact answer, but there wasn't a good way to track actual fiat.