Sign in to follow this  
retep

xrp frozen?

34 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Little did I know this was going to happen just a few hours later already. 

Kudos for your stamina @Lamberth

I am still hoping to learn something new from this conversation. 

I would love to see opinions why Ripple is not using its Marketing team to directly promote XRP among retail investors. Do get that retail market is a drop in the ocean but liquidity is liquidity, right?

3 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

I am still hoping to learn something new from this conversation. 

I would love to see opinions why Ripple is not using its Marketing team to directly promote XRP among retail investors. Do get that retail market is a drop in the ocean but liquidity is liquidity, right?

I’m afraid you’ll learn nothing from a few frustrated overinvested disbelievers. Wonder why they bother to continu posting their little fears and doubts. For comfort? 

Anyway: crypto is still very risky and may fail 100% with XRP not being an exception. At this point you believe in the potential or you don’t.  In case of the latter, one should better sell and invest elsewhere as opportunity costs accumulate every hour you’re invested. 

Regarding Ripple’s marketing team I must confess that since the beginning ( for me july 2017) I’m not very impressed by them. There’s a certain lack of professionalism, idk, too many big or small bloopers as far as I’m concerned. 

The only reasons I can think of for not targetting Retail is the SEC discussion and/or retail not being the target group. But yes: a little more general untargetted exposure of XRP ( just for general brand recognition) would be nice imo.

23 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

The only reasons I can think of for not targetting Retail is the SEC discussion and/or retail not being the target group. But yes: a little more general untargetted exposure of XRP ( just for general brand recognition) would be nice imo.

One of the reason is Fincen fine Ripple for unlicensed XRP sales.  Then ripple closed rippletrade and turned to B.

Edited by yxxyun

3 hours ago, Lamberth said:

I’d say 1 - 1.5 years after the Production release is very fast for banks. I am not holding my breath. I suspect the next bull run will have nothing to do with xRapid or its usage.

Sorry, I can’t agree. Pilots are just that, pilots. Nobody really invests at that stage. Everything starts when you passed a Pilot stage and is in Production.

Pilots finished long time ago. xRapid is in production now and that is how it is being sold atm. 

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I’m afraid you’ll learn nothing from a few frustrated overinvested disbelievers. Wonder why they bother to continu posting their little fears and doubts. For comfort? 

Regarding Ripple’s marketing team I must confess that since the beginning ( for me july 2017) I’m not very impressed by them. There’s a certain lack of professionalism, idk, too many big or small bloopers as far as I’m concerned. 

You never know what could potentially start the thinking process. It is always thought provoking to read posts from smart people who have reasonable doubts (or hidden agenda). Kind of miss @MaxEntropy lately.

It is as if Ripple’s marketing team is led by a technical guy who thinks that you can win masses over by stating facts while many recent examples in politics teach us otherwise. Either that or Ripple is not interested in masses. Which is why it was very strange to see statements from @BobWay that he was impressed by marketing results.

3 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Been searching for 3 hours now........

Nothing but tears. 

Learnt to read a balance sheet yet ?

5 hours ago, yxxyun said:

agree or not, Ripple company is the center of XRP,  they have too much hold, too much power. in the community, many people are ripple fans not XRP fans, ripple followers not XRP followers. because the community is too young and don't hold much XRP as ripple,  they have to follow ripple, rely ripple. 

Longest ICO in history. No adoption until Ripple's bag is empty

I read that XRP releases a billion XRP per month for say 5 years, thus watering down the price.

1. Is this true.

2. When do they stop releasing it, ie when is the 5 years over?

13 minutes ago, Glide said:

I read that XRP releases a billion XRP per month for say 5 years, thus watering down the price.

1. Is this true.

2. When do they stop releasing it, ie when is the 5 years over?

It’s released from escrow and up for sale for that month. Anything not sold goes back into escrow. As far as when Ripple will be out of zerps nobody knows. 

11 hours ago, Lamberth said:

Another perspective. Maybe it is not XRP that is failing but BAT which is over-hyped? 

This whole situation reminds me of non-SQL databases. MongoDB over-hyped their product ~5 years ago, got a huge market share and only then really focused on the product (instead of investing in tech first as many competitors did). Is this a winning strategy these days?

I bought a LOT of BAT in December.  I thought it was under-hyped and and under-valued considering there is a 1.4 Billion maximum supply and valued just over $0.14, I've NEVER seen the asset shilled on CNBC and they are the only ones in the cyrpto space who are seriously trying to come up with a Ad network, pay-site, tipping solution.  I have no clue if this will ever work or take off but crypto is mostly speculating in a vastly unknown space anyway.  I still think they are undervalued and still buying.  Most of crypto is over-hyped, why do you think BAT is over-hyped relative to XRP or anything else?

Edited by fatlever

Sign in to follow this