Sign in to follow this  
itcdominic

Competition of so many. I feel like we are sitting on a pressure pot waiting on regulation to cause a MASS adoption.

IBM is very vocal and post/announces a lot of their activity.  The item that caught my eye in this post ( Dated March 18, 2019) was this:

The network already supports settlement using Stellar Lumens and a U.S. dollar stable coin through IBM's previously-announced collaboration with Stronghold.  Pending regulatory approvals and other reviews, six international banks, including Banco Bradesco, Bank Busan, and Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC), have signed letters of intent to issue their own stable coins on World Wire, adding Euro, Indonesian Rupiah, Philippine Peso, Korean Won and Brazilian Real stable coins to the network. IBM will continue to expand the ecosystem of settlement assets based on client demand.

The other shocker was their statement about being the first????? - what????

Designed to optimize and accelerate foreign exchange, cross border payments and remittances, World Wire is the first blockchain network of its kind to integrate payment messaging, clearing and settlement on a single unified network, while allowing participants to dynamically choose from a variety of digital assets for settlement.

Link to full article on IBM's site - https://newsroom.ibm.com/2019-03-18-IBM-Blockchain-World-Wire-a-New-Global-Payment-Network-to-Support-Payments-and-Foreign-Exchange-in-More-Than-50-Countries

Yep. I could interpret that to mean that World Wire is the first of its kind because nothing else is exactly like ‘it’...which to me means that others may be better and or worse.

As far as their regulatory statement I can see that as applying to the asset class overall. I do see IBM as a perhaps strong competitor in the space but I also see them as having a bigger marketing mouth than the best technology to back it up. I may perhaps be a little biased in my view of them though as I’ve been working daily with them on an unrelated project for a little more than a year now. My experience is a single data point but, from it I’ve found them to be a little strong on promising and a little weak on delivering.

World Wire with Stellar may/likely will be different but I’ll just chock them up as healthy competition and good for helping to bring regulatory clarity.