All server staff should get ready and wear a pin or have a pre-printed QR code to share.

In fact we need a graphics person to create a template that explains XRP tip bot and the user can then modify with their own QR code and take to printer for printing and have on a small square card to give out with the customers bill.

I like his idea of the sharing via a paper or printed QR code....AWESOME

#XRPARMY - lets get this out to the service community.

@xrptipbot

Wietse should look into an "I bet you!" feature.  Let's say I bet you something happens. You bet me something doesn't happen. We agree to send 1 XRP to the "I bet you!" feature. Then a third XRPTipbot user (mutual friend) releases the funds to the winning account once the event has concluded.

I bet you 1 XRP I can pot the black into the middle pocket. You bet I miss. We send 1 XRP to the feature and once i've potted the black, my date for the evening (Emma Watson) signs into her account to send me the 2 XRP and then Emma confesses her undying love for me and we get married.

If Wietse creates this I'll get Emma to send him an autograph. Win-win.

2 hours ago, itcdominic said:

All server staff should get ready and wear a pin or have a pre-printed QR code to share.

Boom!  Now that's an idea I've never heard before!  :yess:

Although it would feel funny holding my phone up to scan a button on somebody's ... lapel?  (hopefully their lapel) :unsure:

28 minutes ago, VoteForTomorrow said:

Wietse should look into an "I bet you!" feature. 

The possibilities for crypto + gambling are huge.  So far, the sites have been relegated to corners of the dark web, but I can see legitimate & legal gambling enterprises getting in on XRP, since it transfers and settles in seconds. 

Unfortunately, the XRP Tip Bot cannot officially be used for these purposes, and Wietse has had to close many gambling-related suggestions for the XRP Community Fund as well, due to regulatory questions around it for globally-scoped implementations. 

4 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

That's great, is it run by the same people?

Is it available for Twitter, Reddit etc like xrp's?

1. Nope.
2. Right now only Discord, but Twitter and Reddit is in the Pipeline.

3 hours ago, zenkert said:

1. Nope.
2. Right now only Discord, but Twitter and Reddit is in the Pipeline.

There's a lot of coins trying to get into the space; BAT is another.  Non-coin platforms like Patreon are also there in micropayments. 

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

just an item of interest I thought I would share.

Nice find!  I know he had some distributed computing patents, but I wasn't aware that any were filed as early as 1988.  That surprises me.