DLT will revolutionize not only Finance but also International Trade

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few days ago, I opened a topic regarding the vast positive effects in regards to the FX market and International Logistics. One of the key elements I highlighted was the Letters of Credits issu

Thanks! I can't speak on behalf of R3. Also I assume R3 do not have to say they would use XRP for Trade Finance transactions. First XRP is the (or one among others) digital asset R3 can use

And there it is!  

1 hour ago, JannaOneTrick said:

The bottom line is, the developments provided by DLT far surpass what we commonly think and, in that regard, Ripple' solutions, given its compliance with banks, are a perfect fit to upgrade the International Trade and Logistics as a whole.

@JannaOneTrick,

Many thanks for all the great material you continually provide to XRP Chat and special thanks for summarizing so people like me can understand right up front and not be left to draw a conclusion...that may be wrong or possibly not happen.  Some posts are a little too cerebral for me but, posts with a simple bottom line offered with plenty of solid support sure works.  And yes - revolutionizing international trade looks like a very huge opportunity for leveraging Ripple's technology and it fits squarely into development of the IoV.  Good stuff!

WOW - aren't you just digging up some fantastic documentation and information!

I agree.  Digital money's ability to attach itself as a package that includes documentation, two way communication, frictionless cross border transactions,  KYC and delayed payment integration, security and cut costs at the same time,  makes this technology into a total revolution to the way we will do business in the future.  All that fragmented stuff becomes one effortless stream organised with the click of a mouse.

Your posts are a great asset to XRPChat.

Edited by Julian_Williams

@Julian_Williams

This is exactly the thinking model I have analyzed and adopted regarding the crypto market a while ago.

I see late 2020 - 2021 as the next speculative phase (could be wrong, yes). But then as time goes on, these speculative spikes, I believe, would start withering at a relatively slow rate, (growth curve).

The successful Business Models would then thrive and take over the general market, at an exponential rate depending on the project, only after the Phase 1 Gartner identified (business value). This is also the time where those 99% of the projects should disappear.

To further develop my analogy and way of thinking, XRP is in my perspective the most interesting asset and I do not see any reason for a diversification strategy, in regards to potential % growth.

The reason is, XRP is double-hatted.

Untitled3.png

It should either further benefit from the speculation, thus providing along the way, awaiting the much anticipated utility.

And eventually, when it is time, it should also provide even more once it delivers from utility.

There is only 1 digital asset I personally see having this feature and potential.

Edited by JannaOneTrick

This is incredible research! The potential is really through-the-roof for DLT to revolutionize international trade.

Every time I see diagrams like this I'm reminded of one of my favorite posts, introducing the concept of the money markets in the US that settle credits among major banks. The domestic system is more efficient than international trade, but there's the potential for DLT to simplify these flows as well:

Great video content in the above for people looking to learn.

23 minutes ago, JannaOneTrick said:

@Julian_Williams

This is exactly the thinking model I have analyzed and adopted regarding the crypto market a while ago.

I see late 2020 - 2021 as the next speculative phase (could be wrong, yes). But then as time goes on, these speculative spikes, I believe, will start withering at a relatively slow rate, (growth curve).

The successful Business Models will then thrive and take over the general market, at an exponential rate depending on the project, only after the Phase 1 Gartner identified (business value). This is also the time where those 99% of the projects will disappear.

To further develop my analogy and way of thinking, XRP is in my perspective the most interesting asset and I do not see any reason for a diversification, in regards to potential % growth.

The reason is, XRP is double-hatted.

Untitled3.png

It will either further benefit from the speculation, thus providing along the way, awaiting the most anticipated utility.

And eventually, when it is time, it will also provide even further once it delivers from utility.

There is only 1 digital asset I personally see having this feature and potential.

....by that I guess you mean when it comes to crypto investment you are 100% XRP?  I am 98% XRP and 2% ADA.  It seems to me that XRP has so many irons in the fire that it is already a diversified investment.

I have never seen a graph like this before but I am not in Finance so why would I?  I do not believe we need mass adoption to push up price, just speculation that XRP is in pole position to provide utility to a large slice of a vast market down the line.  IE If they calculate XRP are sufficiently ahead of the market to be unstoppable then it follows to make a long speculative investments now and ride the waves.    How we bridge that hiatus between speculative investment and utility is hard to guess, but it seems to me that once XRP gets known it will be a sexy long term investment.

One factor nobody is really considering are how the crypto assets will change stock exchanges.  The reactions of large numbers of people in underdeveloped people who have no bank accounts but interact with XRP and other digital assets on their mobiles.  These people often have no trust in their local currencies and will have first hand experience of digital assets that go up in value.  I can see them collecting and storing XRP in their wallets on their mobiles.  Their large numbers might create virtual stock exchanges that might affect prices in unforeseen ways.  China is already showing signs of becoming a crypto heavyweight funded by a population that do not trust their own government or banks.

56 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

....by that I guess you mean when it comes to crypto investment you are 100% XRP?

I believe a focusing strategy over a diversification strategy (investing in 1 digital asset over having a diverse portfolio [specifically in the crypto market]) is the most adapted approach, for reasons I developed in my previous post, and some others I haven't discussed.

56 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

It seems to me that XRP has so many irons in the fire that it is already a diversified investment.

This is different.

Ripple indeed has several Strategic Business Units (what you are referring to, I suppose). Their Business Model is built around the development of many SBUs. It is one of the many things that makes Ripple so promising in this market.

Edited by JannaOneTrick
14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

....by that I guess you mean when it comes to crypto investment you are 100% XRP?  I am 98% XRP and 2% ADA.  It seems to me that XRP has so many irons in the fire that it is already a diversified investment.

I have never seen a graph like this before but I am not in Finance so why would I?  I do not believe we need mass adoption to push up price, just speculation that XRP is in pole position to provide utility to a large slice of a vast market down the line.  IE If they calculate XRP are sufficiently ahead of the market to be unstoppable then it follows to make a long speculative investments now and ride the waves.    How we bridge that hiatus between speculative investment and utility is hard to guess, but it seems to me that once XRP gets known it will be a sexy long term investment.

One factor nobody is really considering are how the crypto assets will change stock exchanges.  The reactions of large numbers of people in underdeveloped people who have no bank accounts but interact with XRP and other digital assets on their mobiles.  These people often have no trust in their local currencies and will have first hand experience of digital assets that go up in value.  I can see them collecting and storing XRP in their wallets on their mobiles.  Their large numbers might create virtual stock exchanges that might affect prices in unforeseen ways.  China is already showing signs of becoming a crypto heavyweight funded by a population that do not trust their own government or banks.

I agree that China and Russia are pushing crypto in a big way driven by the peoples lack of trust in their governments currency.

1 minute ago, MisterRipple said:

So basically the "one in a million move" would be to cash out as close as you can during the last? speculative bubble (2020-2012?) wait until the market wil have collapsed and buy XRP back because Ripple will be the one who will succeed while most other DLT project wil have failed?

This is what I believe.