Eren

Validator's Initial Agreement Score

Greetings everyone,

I have a question about a validator's initial agreement score.

In the validators list, some validators were able to begin their first day with a 1.0000 score, however, some others began during the day and missed the transactions from midnight until the moment their validator was operational, resulting in their first-day score being different. I have experienced the same with a test validator I have set up myself.

Is there a procedure to initially start a validator (with a system configuration equals or more powerful than the required specifications) so that its first day score can hit 1.0000? Does it have to be timed exactly at midnight UTC?

Additionally, can more than one rippled instances be configured for the same validator_token, so that when there are system upgrades among the servers, the agreement score still stays up?

Thank you.

Please don’t configure two separate validators with the same key. Your validator will, in essence, appear as a single validator exhibiting Byzantine behavior.

Thank you very much for the clarifications. I never had the intention anyway but I promise I won’t configure more than one validator with same the key.

To be clear: nothing and nobody can stop you from doing it.

But other servers will quickly start treating your validation public key as belonging to a Byzantine or malicious validator.