Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kryptoroi

This is slowing down XRP's adoption.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Phintech said:

Dipshitt Jed would never go for it so I wouldn’t want Larsen to either.

lol so true -- jed the selfish prick held onto his xrp to intentionally cripple the ecosystem, while CL at least donated most of his and isn't a threat like jed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistatee2000 said:

Are you sure that is the biggest issue? Yes it may be an issue, but not the main one in the long term -if you believe that XRP adoption and Ripple are on the right road, then you should not be in doubt.

What about regulation - is that not stifling growth in the West more significantly than anything?

The banks and FI's in the West are massively invested in expensive legacy systems which they will want to drag out for as long as possible to recoup their money, plus they have the most profit to lose from adoption of new, disruptive technology, so they cannot bring themselves to embrace it. Do you think that the banks in the MENA and the Far East are concerned about who owns how much XRP - they see an opportunity to leapfrog the existing hierarchy, make a name for themselves and use all the new technology at their disposal to make money.

Forget XRP in escrow with Ripple, look ahead a few years when not only cross border payments begin to mature, but also smart contracts, micropayments and markets we have yet to imagine. This becalmed market seems to be bringing out a madness that was to be seen on old sailing ships before the advent of steam power.  Either wake up and believe in your investment or sell and sleep peacefully - if you can, but please do not look for scapegoats within Ripple.

Not the biggest issue but definitely is an issue. Looking for scapegoats?? i don't know why it's so hard for you to see that it's a little hypocritical and greedy for a company that preaches to be the savior of the "unbanked" gifts it's executives 5B xrp and countless more to other executives. Yes i believe in the long term vision of Ripple and what they aim to achieve, but that doesn't mean that i have to  agree with every single thing they do or that their team is perfect. Maybe if you stop trying to defend every move they make and look at things more objectively you'll see where im coming from.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

lol so true -- jed the selfish prick held onto his xrp to intentionally cripple the ecosystem, while CL at least donated most of his and isn't a threat like jed

Well i wasn't going to go there because the past is the past but you guys are badly misinformed.  Not a big fan of Jed but based on previous employees Emails, Jed had  agreed to gift the xrp back and Larsen wasn't on board with it. See the highlighted portion on page 2

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ECG6JRZs-7TkdBaE5wQkxKR2s/edit

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phintech said:

Dipshitt Jed would never go for it so I wouldn’t want Larsen to either.

you are misinformed. My intent wasn't to make comparison between Larsen and Jed but when there's misinformation, it needs to be corrected. Other employees who were there at the time clarified that Jed wanted to donate back the XRP but Larsen was not on board.

 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ECG6JRZs-7TkdBaE5wQkxKR2s/edit

See page 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archbob said:

Or just stop dreaming of $100 XRP and accept that it may "only" eventually be $10.

The point of this post wasn't about how high the price would go. It's about how fast adoption will happen. Even if $10 is the limit, my point is that i will reach $10 faster if we didn't have that hindrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposing XRP were adopted for use in FX, cross border trade, the Derivative Markets, Retail and Credit, Micropayments  and streamed payments on the Internet of Things and stored value? Following such success what would the stock of 40 billion XRP be worth.  At 500 dollar per XRP the stock would be worth 20 Trillion (I think) . 

The pool of unsold international liquidity is already a baby elephant in the room.  I  feel certain that the Banks,  IMF and SEC are aware of how big the baby elephant might grow. Perhaps they have already made this subject part of any negotiation about supporting the XRP/Ripplenet project.  

The management of the escrowed 40 billion XRP is very important for the future success the XRP ecosystem.  IT provides funding for the set up of teh XRP ecosystem and liquidity for solving asymmetrical developments that might derail the smooth running of the markets.  Ownership is too big an issue to be put solely on the shoulders of Ripple, it might even be too big for any one country. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kryptoroi said:

you are misinformed. My intent wasn't to make comparison between Larsen and Jed but when there's misinformation, it needs to be corrected. Other employees who were there at the time clarified that Jed wanted to donate back the XRP but Larsen was not on board.

 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ECG6JRZs-7TkdBaE5wQkxKR2s/edit

See page 2

I’m far far from misinformed. I’m not talking about the past, I’m talking about the present.  This is a pointless conversation anyway.  It will never happen.  Move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phintech said:

I’m far far from misinformed. I’m not talking about the past, I’m talking about the present.  This is a pointless conversation anyway.  It will never happen.  Move on.

You would have brought equally as much value to this post by not replying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

 

“That being said, I personally think the executives at Ripple should decrease their XRP holdings.“

You would have brought equally as much value to this post by not replying. 

LOL!  Ok.  

Pointless conversation aside, do you really believe this is even remotely possible at this point?  And why do you care?  Are you paying attention to the groundwork being laid?  Brick after brick is put on place on a foundation far sturdier than any other player in this space.  Stop focusing on xrp’s value now and look at the big picture, the long play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Supposing XRP were adopted for use in FX, cross border trade, the Derivative Markets, Retail and Credit, Micropayments  and streamed payments on the Internet of Things and stored value? Following such success what would the stock of 40 billion XRP be worth.  At 500 dollar per XRP the stock would be worth 20 Trillion (I think) . 

 

 

Yep, and suppose an alien armada invaded earth tomorrow. Assuming that XRP is going to completely take over those markets is not a good way to project how to invest your money. Its one of the worst ways.

Edited by Archbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if the xrp was all held by one person with no limits on trading it would be a problem but its held by a group with a mission to promote the xrp ecosystem, and they will babysit the distribution as per their vision is met.  Also I think most if not all of the escrowed funds are sold otc instead of through the order books, so maybe the price wont go up until the escrowed xrp is all in circulation?  The purchase and use of these funds must also come with strict guidelines (contract) as well to keep the peace. this isnt the wild west  (bitcoin)

Edited by ricktb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kryptoroi said:

Not the biggest issue but definitely is an issue. Looking for scapegoats?? i don't know why it's so hard for you to see that it's a little hypocritical and greedy for a company that preaches to be the savior of the "unbanked" gifts it's executives 5B xrp and countless more to other executives. Yes i believe in the long term vision of Ripple and what they aim to achieve, but that doesn't mean that i have to  agree with every single thing they do or that their team is perfect. Maybe if you stop trying to defend every move they make and look at things more objectively you'll see where im coming from.  

Blindly following has never been my failing, probably quite the contrary. So honest, personal observation is my objective without intending to direct at anyone - no company or person is ever perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...