pvap

Ripple's employees dumping their stash?

At the end everything that has been said is pure speculation, the only way to refute such claims is that Mr. David Shwartz and Mr. Nik Bougalis clarify each point but we know that is not going to happen.

If you like XRP's prospects and have confidence in its future and the company associated with it, buy some. If you think it's a scam, sell whatever you've got before it goes completely to hell. If you're indifferent, ignore it and see what eventually happens, good or bad.

All of this hand-wringing makes some of you look like you simply don't have the mindset and emotional fortitude to invest . . . in anything.

If an employee of a company that worked there for years and saw his/her XRP go from 4 cents to $3.00 and crash back to 30 cents, he/she is just as concerned as anyone else.   They are humans, and they have no superpowers predicting the markets. If they sold, moved on, or just want to take some off the table, good for them, and they owe NO ONE an explanation including Joel. F ridiculous people ask him over Twitter for an explanation!

The biggest risk to XRP is not the employees of  Ripple selling XRP, or Joel or Ripple advancement, but Bagholders who put in more than they can afford to lose/risk hanging their entire life on the delusion of prices that have no basis in real life.  Slowly the market will bleed them out with lower prices, move them to a different currency, or they will just have to pay the bills. Then, XRP will go up.  XRP is not there to make the masses rich, or this entire forum.  There will be no Vegas parties, only a few select individuals that had the stomach for this gut-wrenching game. 

4 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

If an employee of a company that worked there for years and saw his/her XRP go from 4 cents to $3.00 and crash back to 30 cents, he/she is just as concerned as anyone else.   They are humans, and they have no superpowers predicting the markets. If they sold, moved on, or just want to take some off the table, good for them, and they owe NO ONE an explanation including Joel. F ridiculous people ask him over Twitter for an explanation!

The biggest risk to XRP is not the employees of  Ripple selling XRP, or Joel or Ripple advancement, but Bagholders who put in more than they can afford to lose/risk hanging their entire life on the delusion of prices that have no basis in real life.  Slowly the market will bleed them out with lower prices, move them to a different currency, or they will just have to pay the bills. Then, XRP will go up.  XRP is not there to make the masses rich, or this entire forum.  There will be no Vegas parties, only a few select individuals that had the stomach for this gut-wrenching game.

I agree that DS/JK can do whatever he wants with this stack of XRP and it's nobody's business but his.  Maybe he needed some cash at that particular time to help out family members - HIS BUSINESS, nobody elses. 

However, retail bagholders who put in more than they can afford to lose aren't going to make much difference to XRP's price.  They are a tiny part of the ecosystem...usually with relatively small bags (but obviously too big for them). 

Posted (edited)

Let's assume that it is David Schwartz. And let's assume that he was sending the XRP to coinbase with the purpose of selling them.

Two questions:

1. How much XRP does he have? (i.e., what percentage of his holding did he sell?)

2. Why did he sell?

So much speculation, so little knowledge, and so many flaws... haha

Edited by Vesm

It seems like we are in the "desperation/despondency" phase of the "market cycle emotional curve". 

Unfortunately it seems like this part of the curve is longer than the one we experienced in 2017.  That patience will not befit all the same way. I certainly don't enjoy it, but unlike some see hope for this entire market on the horizon because of larger macro factors.  Economies are now starting to fall.  I'll be continuining to follow XRP news and global economic trends throughout the next 6 months.  We can't say what may be right around the corner.  

15 hours ago, Liminarori said:

I've always been eery about the social media presence of Nik B and JoelKatz. They give off an incredibly distinctive shilling vibe that comes off unprofessional and disingenuous. 

And what about Nik B's girlfriend, the greatest shill of all; Tiffany Hayden. I have absolutely no doubt that these guys are using their own announcements to get premiums on the offloading. "Soon" "Next year" "Ok maybe next year......". The deeper you go with this ****, the worse it gets. I was all in XRP at one point. No more.

And have no doubts that some of these very people are posting ITT doing damage control.

Also, this whole Bob Way thing was too ******* hilarious. A former Ripple employee holding some heavy bags he wants to offload, trying his best to create empty hype.

Tiffany Hayden is a private citizen and people are entitled to meet and partner up you goon. It's not like she's his patient or student. Their love of shilling brought them together...  

I'd bet my left testicle that @JoelKatz and @BobWay are straight shooters.