• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an interesting thread.  I doubt there is anyone not feeling the same way.  Whether we have hope for the future of XRP, or no hope at all,  I am fairly certain everyone here is not enjoying the

XRP pretty much dead, any tiny movement is when its being dragged along by BTC. 

My teeth are gnashing. My bags make me wear a scuba suit and its dripping water at the SwellConference keynote event. Member berries entrance to participate as keynote speaker for the event. "Thank yo

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

The problem with the SEC's tweet is that it tells us nothing we want to hear.  In fact, it tells us nothing.  

I see this as a promising development because he's essentially admitting that the SEC isn't going to move against Ripple. They're going to let the courts/Congress decide.

1 minute ago, gamblin310 said:

I see this as a promising development because he's essentially admitting that the SEC isn't going to move against Ripple. They're going to let the courts/Congress decide.

Maybe so, but the time for that to occur could have an impact on XRP's losing ground, no?

1 hour ago, DutchPanda said:

In the meantime it's a very bad sign that large banks and financial institutions still don't use XRP, knowing using XRP can save them a shitload of money. I just don't get that part. Let's wait and see if regulatory clarity changes that........ 

It was delusional to think banks would just adopt xrp and run with it right out of the gates.  The financial system as we know it is being completely restructured, and the incumbents are powerful.  But change is coming, bank on that!

Edited by Phintech
2 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

tumblr_off2zghLlr1vdlvpao1_400.gif

XRP pretty much dead, any tiny movement is when its being dragged along by BTC. 

Is this the same cat Brad mentioned being out of the bag? 🤔

Edited by Guest
23 minutes ago, Phintech said:

It was delusional to think banks would just adopt xrp and run with it right out of the gates.  The financial system as we know it is being completely restructured, and the incumbents are powerful.  But change is coming, bank on that!

Exactly!  When trillions of dollars changes hands and some of it away from those legacy wealth holders the fight will be large, long and behind closed doors.  When I embarked on this investment in mid 17’ I always knew in the back of my mind it was likely a 2023-2025 type of exit.   The end of 2017 was thrilling... and completely confusing!  There is just no point in trying to make sense of the market dynamics but instead focus on the fundamental developments (which they are still killing it in!).  Im 90+% convinced of xrp’s long-term success potential largely due to Ripple net rapidly expanding along with no decisive judgement from the sec.  I see it as a positive as well and we will be just fine in the courts.  Sure, it may take a while for the cross border use case to fulfill its potential as a result it’s all still happening, folks.  In these times the market is both a distraction and a buying opportunity.  Over the past 4-5 months I’ve made the biggest investment I can afford to make when I can.  Patience will be handsomely rewarded here.

Two obvious reasons I feel XRP is held back today:

1. There’s really no consumer facing product. Everything is targeting backend enterprise systems. You end up with “powered by” opportunities for Ripple, but no real driver of XRP adoption on the consumer side. The mainstream media mostly cares about consumer grade products for digital assets. Actually they barely report on actual utility of many assets and just look at liquidity overall.

2. Regulation. Ripple’s lofty goals are focused around mostly enterprise class payments solutions. Enterprise businesses don’t muck around with regulation uncertainty. They make too much money already to put risk on the table.

Regulation will resolve a lot of valuation issues I think. The products and teams that end up on the wrong side of regulation decisions in the US will pay the price and those whose futures look brighter will benefit from an influx of speculative investors once the landscape shifts. The whole market is going to trade sideways or average downwards until the US regulation framework is presented. Remember a lot of the world looks to US law/regulations in the financial arena to base their own regulations. Once the US makes a move there should be a domino affect globally.

5 hours ago, DutchPanda said:

Hi Bull,

I really get your feelings. I really think  XRapid / SBI VC deal and other great news made us very enthousiastic about the chances XRP has, and what the purpose fot the eintire financial World would be in short time.

I think now we may conclude that all this great news didn't move the price at all, on the contrary..

Selling my stack isn't an option, and i will ride this thing for years to come, but something changed in my perception regarding XRP: I have that feeling that XRP might not be the dark horse we all betted on. Feel free to disagree of course, but some disbelief made it to my Panda brain (which isn't very big by the way I must honestly admit). The longer this sh!tty period takes, the less I seem to care or believe XRP will go to the moon or even reach it's previous ATH.

If we take in mind that XRP is the best asset in cryptosphere, we are perfomring very very poorly. Maybe it''s the FUD or lack of regulation by the SEC though.

After the SEC has declared if XRP and other tokens are not securities, we will or won't see if we did the right thing buying our @sses of on XRP. 

Once young mr.  "still not blinking Kitao" starts pumping round hundreds of millions of XRP per day with his beloved SBI company, we will find out I presume.

In the meantime it's a very bad sign that large banks and financial institutions still don't use XRP, knowing using XRP can save them a shitload of money. I just don't get that part. Let's wait and see if regulatory clarity changes that.... 

I have the same feeling. I feel that Ripple is trying a all or nothing approach. Either the bank use it or they won't use it.

All the previous successful disruptive business didn't work like this, Uber starts to replace taxi u can see it, Airbnb starts to offer cheapers rooms than hotel u can see it, Amazon starts to replace all other stores you can see it. But there is simply no gradual progress to show us except some hopium or xxxcoin.com try to make a big thing out of an answer from Skype team.

31 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

I have the same feeling. I feel that Ripple is trying a all or nothing approach. Either the bank use it or they won't use it.

All the previous successful disruptive business didn't work like this, Uber starts to replace taxi u can see it, Airbnb starts to offer cheapers rooms than hotel u can see it, Amazon starts to replace all other stores you can see it. But there is simply no gradual progress to show us except some hopium or xxxcoin.com try to make a big thing out of an answer from Skype team.

I think people forget that xRapid has only been live for 6 months. 

In that time, 12 remittance companies have confirmed that they plan to use xRapid, there are indications that xRapid volume is growing (check @behindtheledger on twitter), and XRP's liquidity continues to improve on a weekly basis through new exchanges. 

It isn't the get-rich-quick investment that many hoped for, but imo Ripple has made gradual progress.

So many other projects in the top 20 coins, but we still performing worst. It just doesn't add up.

Even if Xrapid is still in it's infant years, we also have Xpring, coil and Ripple talking with white house, IMF and banks.

So many other projects doing a lot better without a great company behind it or any news at all..

But I won't give in, holding strong. I'm sure we'll catch up soon !

1 hour ago, ZerpEnthusiast said:

I think people forget that xRapid has only been live for 6 months. 

In that time, 12 remittance companies have confirmed that they plan to use xRapid, there are indications that xRapid volume is growing (check @behindtheledger on twitter), and XRP's liquidity continues to improve on a weekly basis through new exchanges. 

It isn't the get-rich-quick investment that many hoped for, but imo Ripple has made gradual progress.

The gradual progress shown by Ripple are 99.99% pilot cases. I am not trying to spread FUD, but a rational investment should exist of questioning and reviewing your investment choice periodically. Occasionally there are live production news, but they are not known companies or banks. This makes me wonder whether the banks are questioning whether the risk is too high to use XRP. Or maybe the saving is not worth the risk being taken. 

I really hope that there is some middle ground results to be shown to us. A working product shouldn't be "all banks use it" vs "no banks use it".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.