zerpdigger

Ripple Consensus Ledger Can Sustain 1000 Transactions per Second

"With 2017 now well under way, we remain hard at work, focused on adding exciting new features to the RCL and further improving the performance, stability and quality of the rippled open source codebase. Most importantly, we remain more committed than ever to the simple goal of making XRP the world’s reserve digital currency."

15 minutes ago, Byrd said:

"With 2017 now well under way, we remain hard at work, focused on adding exciting new features to the RCL and further improving the performance, stability and quality of the rippled open source codebase. Most importantly, we remain more committed than ever to the simple goal of making XRP the world’s reserve digital currency."

I won't be overexcited about this part. Minding today's dump (and everyone's depression here and on twitter), this sentence looks like a hasty "answer" to the situation. Just some good words to calm people down. Which is not bad actually, but... you know, it is zerp. Nothing's done until it's done.

Edited by MrX

"Today, for the first time, Ripple is proud to publicly announce that in recent internal benchmark testing, across 16 geographically distributed validators, the RCL is able to sustain nearly 1000 transactions per second."

"Most importantly, we remain more committed than ever to the simple goal of making XRP the world’s reserve digital currency."

"In 2016 alone, RCL closed over 8 million ledgers, processing more than 225 million transactions and handling more than $1 Billion dollars in payment volume throughout the year."

https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/xrp-resources/ripple-consensus-ledger-can-sustain-1000-transactions-per-second/

30 minutes ago, MrX said:

I won't be overexcited about this part. Minding today's dump (and everyone's depression here and on twitter), this sentence looks like a hasty "answer" to the situation. Just some good words to calm people down. Which is not bad actually, but... you know, it is zerp. Nothing's done until it's done.

Really? I thought it was a great summary of our goal.

Considering that non=payment tx are a minority, this means nearly 3500 settlements per ledger, giving a final state to netted and grouped payments via payment channels that can escalate to infinity.

Public shared ledgers' scalability problem solved ?

Edited by RafOlP

1 minute ago, nikb said:

Really? I thought it was a great summary of our goal.

Okay, okay :) But it sounds to me unbelievably ambitious. That is why I thought, that this last phrase in the "thech news post" was just some kind of encouragement for community during a sad time, but not a proclamation of a new goal of the project.

...and recently celebrated its 4th birthday on February 17, 2017

WTF? The genesis block was mined on December 21st as far as I recall and history until the beginning of Jan. 2013 was lost, making ledger 32570 the current effective genesis ledger. This one predates February 17th 2013 by more than a month. What happened on that date to be considered the "birth" of RCL?