eXRPe

Make predicting a little more FUN!

10 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

This is the second thread you made about this site:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/31130-when-will-xrp-in-usd-exceed-100-predict-now-to-win-lots/?tab=comments#comment-693006

The other one got heavily criticized, so now you’re creating a second?

This whole thing reeks of a scam.

Oh it does make me laugh when you can’t even tell the time! This post was created BEFORE that one! 

Heavily criticised? Yes as well as positive, there were a few negative comments over the idea but most were supported by reasoning unlike your sweeping statement, if you would be so kind as to elaborate on your thinking maybe I can address your concerns in an equally constructive way.

Your voice wasn’t heard on that thread and your repeated unsubstantiated cry on here carries no meat either really does it?

I would invite everyone to check out everything surrounding a project before joining in; even for $2 worth of XRP.

I’m sorry, maybe you have been scammed in the past, most of us have been at some point, but in your case when you can’t even read the time on a post; I’m not surprised. 

Do some research and contribute usefully to this forum or just don’t bother commenting!

Just a suggestion, it will be more fun to allow prediction with no contribution. Otherwise you are wasting all the traffic that flows to your site.

I have no intention to bet with XRP (you have to take it from my cold iron claw), but I am very interested to vote as well as seeing the "voting" results of many others. 

Those who bet may have a very different prediction that those who don't bet.

1 minute ago, jockeyng said:

Just a suggestion, it will be more fun to allow prediction with no contribution. Otherwise you are wasting all the traffic that flows to your site.

I have no intention to bet with XRP (you have to take it from my cold iron claw), but I am very interested to vote as well as seeing the "voting" results of many others. 

Those who bet may have a very different prediction that those who don't bet.

See @xrp_sea this is a constructive reply. 

That’s a really good idea. The system could allow anyone to predict but have the option to contribute to the pot for a chance of getting something extra for getting it right. The closest ‘paying prediction’ wins the wallet but all predictions are logged and displayed. Free predictions would have to be limited to one per person though!

Im definitely going to play about with this one. Impressed. Thank you, if I do add that function I’ll be sure to let you know. 

👍

We have added this facility, feel free to place your free prediction for each target set - remember you may only place one FREE prediction per target and predictions without sending the $2.00 XRP Contribution will NOT be entitled to win the entire wallet contents if successful. Only the closest prediction with contribution will win.

55 minutes ago, eXRPe said:

We have added this facility, feel free to place your free prediction for each target set - remember you may only place one FREE prediction per target and predictions without sending the $2.00 XRP Contribution will NOT be entitled to win the entire wallet contents if successful. Only the closest prediction with contribution will win.

I'm not sure about law outside of the US. However, if you are in the US, a prize which can only be obtained with a monetary contribution would be considered an illegal lottery/sweepstakes. This is why all sorts of promotions mention "no purchase necessary." If you've heard of the McDonald's Monopoly game, then this article explains how a guy received 400~ game pieces without ever buying anything at McDonalds. Although, it did cost similarly in postage; and was definitely a much worse investment in terms of time.

It's never a free thing and some "free entry" stipulations are so particular that they're kind of designed to disqualify those free entries for all sorts of reasons. I thought I recall reading one where your entry had to be on a postcard of a precise size and in a certain ink color, along with typical things like "handwritten" to avoid just paying a copying service and such.

There's a bit of reading here that is reasonably well-rounded in covering the bases of raffles, lotteries, sweepstakes, etc.. There are likely better articles out there that discuss this in a more clean and direct fashion, but this one fit the general goal of what I'm mentioning. Just some insight in case anything like this does grow ^^.

Edited by Xrylite

Thank you I shall do some more research. The free prediction is for fun only with no prize.

The thing that makes it a game of skill rather than a lottery/sweepstake is the requirement to predict the event occurrence based on education and foresight.

UK requirements are probably similar to the US in that the entrant must do something rather than nothing to warrant entry to the competition, i.e. answer a question, crossword or in the case of XRPredict.com; place a reasoned prediction of when an event will occur based on market performance. This is not gambling, there are no odds, the house gains nothing. 

If it does expand in magnitude and once established and trusted I will take legal advice. For now this is just an idea that I am hoping for interaction from the XRP community. 

Really pleased to let you guys know that both the PREDICT 2 WIN and the PREDICT 4FUN functions are working well.

On 14 May at 06:05am XRP value in USD passed the $0.40 mark.

One luck winner won the XRPredict wallet contents and another won a free coupon to enter PREDICT 2 WIN with XRPredict paying the $2.00 work of XRP on their behalf.

We would like it if you would visit XRPredict.com and have a go at predicting the next target for free or how about contributing for the change to win the wallet?

The new target is $0.66.

Hope to see you guys there soon...

764878479_doors(1).thumb.jpg.e44bea4266e46d0f185985d50faf939d.jpg

Any comments on the website itself would be much appreciated also.

We would like it to work as well as possible and be easy to navigate and use!