Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Hodor said:

I just got lost in that post - pleasantly!  Thanks for that @Julian_Williams - I like the concept of interoception.  :JC_thinking:

@HodorIf you find Interoception interesting (and it  is) you might enjoy "How Emotions are Made - the secret life of the  brain" by Lisa Feldman Barrett.  It is a fascinating read and very well written. 

Her theory is that interoception is done through the creation of virtual constructions made "to make the sensory signals meaningful, creating and explanation for where they came from, what they refer to in the world, and how to act on them in the world.  Your perception are so vivid and immediate that they compel you to believe you are experiencing the world as it is, when you are actually experiencing the the world of your own construction.  When you categories using concepts you go beyond the information available"  (that is a random sentence from the last page I just read)

The emotional constuctions are used to optimise energy distribution; organise and supply energy to where it is needed and cut down energy waste.  It reminds me of Brad's job at the top of Ripple.  He has to assess and manage the income from XRP sales around the ecosystem, diverting money and resources to where it is most effective, waking up parts of the system that need to respond now and calming down areas that are currently not efficiently utilising the available money in a way that benefits the whole ecosystem.  In a way Brad's job is to sit in for consciousness that isn't present in a man made system.  But man made systems do have all sorts of autonomous responses dependent on two way communication between the centre and the periphery.  These functioning parts of the ecosystem are often independently intelligent, autonomous and have independent lives that have to be tuned/synchronised with the health of the whole system.

Consciousness, and Brad's jobs, are supplementary to making the whole system work more efficiently.  They are fine tuning regulators on top of a system that is mostly a self organising intelligent ecosystem that needs oiling and nudging.  A bit like steering a ship and keeping it clear of the rocks.

The other book that really tells the other half of the same story from another perspective is "Intelligence in the  Flesh by Guy Claxton".  I gave this book to a piano teacher friend and it completely changed her way of teaching the piano with fantastic results.

What these books taught me are that nature works by distributing intelligence across the organism.  Centralised intelligence was never Natures way, she always included intelligence as a base quality in every thing she made.  Evolution has been about getting that intelligence to co-operate across the system. 

I like to think that Blockchain is about distributed intelligence that works together in one system.  Before Blockchain man made machines/systems with centralised intelligence, blockchain enables us to work with decentralised intelligence.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Can you help me understand?

Three weeks ago bitcoin was around $4000 and XRP was around $0.31, now bitcoin is around $5000 , up 25 % , and XRP is around $0.32 , up 8 % !   How is that explained ?

20 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

@HodorIf you find Interoception interesting (and it  is) you might enjoy "How Emotions are Made - the secret life of the  brain" by Lisa Feldman Barrett.  It is a fascinating read and very well written. 

Her theory is that interoception is done through the creation of virtual constructions made "to make the sensory signals meaningful, creating and explanation for where they came from, what they refer to in the world, and how to act on them in the world.

Phenomenology gets another facelift.  Pass.

11 hours ago, Capone said:

Three weeks ago bitcoin was around $4000 and XRP was around $0.31, now bitcoin is around $5000 , up 25 % , and XRP is around $0.32 , up 8 % !   How is that explained ?

LOL! 

I think you just explained it.

Come back in 2 weeks and do it again!

11 hours ago, Capone said:

18 months ago bitcoin was around $4000 and xrp was around $0.15. Now bitcoin is around $5000, up 25%, and xrp is around $0.32, up over 110%!!!!  How is that explained?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Capone said:

The same market behavior happened in late November of 2017. 

Bitcoin road a fast train up while XRP stagnated for weeks.  People even started to lose faith in XRP despite all of the consistently-great news about actual business usage of XRP and Ripple products.

image.png.e616d9ee88482a19c612d120ed782d74.png 

And then it hit.  And when it hit, the wave of speculative investment transformed into a frenzy that only started to taper off in the second week of January the next year. It exceeded the increases in Bitcoin by a fantastic degree during this three-week period. 

Leave if you want ... or don't.  I'm not here to give financial advice, and I'm not qualified to.  Nobody can predict the future; but your comment is exactly the same type of comment I had to endure incessantly in November of 2017.  There was nothing I could say then, but I definitely have something to say now....   This is what happened. 

Source: --https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/--

Edited by Hodor

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NightJanitor said:

Phenomenology gets another facelift.  Pass.

I see where you are coming from, but nope.  Lisa Feldman Barrett makes no attempt to link interoception with phenomenology, she approaches interoception as if it were an autonomous physical attribute of thinking and simply refers to "the hard question" as being an enigma beyond the scope of her book.  Here approach is purely practical, and she makes a meal of exculpating classical (she would say cultural) divisions of emotions into sadness/happiness/digust/anger etc.  Visualisation of concepts is obviously within the scope of her subject (not got there yet).  Maybe you want to infer that visualisation is a voodoo fantasy that does not exist. (I am one third through).

My analogy of the ship's captain above was a bit sloppy; Interoception would be the captain's two way communication and conceptualisation of the running of the ship, maintaining the health engines and crew.  Perception would be conceptualising the steering of the the ship away from external threat like rocks and navigating into port.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:45 AM, Hodor said:

Leave if you want ... or don't.

Well I am not into XRP as a religious fanatic. I am an investor like everyone else and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is to have a successfull investment.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Capone said:

I hear yea....

If 3 Months ago I placed $5K into each of these assets:

BTC $5,000

XRP $5,000

XLM $5000

Today I would be at

BTC $6,982.50 

XRP $4866.50

XLM $5267.00

Whats the most confusing to me is this...with all the great news around XRP and evidence of a real use case, vs. Bitcoin and its old tech and slowness....why does my Bitcoin continue to gain and XRP remains stagnant?

I'm just so bullish and a believer of XRP that I continue to be amazed at its lack of growth.

UNLESS (please don your tin-foil hat) - Global coordinated manipulation is intentional to keep XRP down until the major players are all set in their positions.  This would include involved players like RIPPLE, SWIFT, the IMF, World BANK, the SEC and many more.

I believe that the price and the plan is exposed to certain key global players who are slowly and inconspicuously building up their supply with a global date for "GO-LIVE" and "Mass-Adoption".

You can remove your tin-foil hats.......DYOR, but I'm going to stick with XRP for the LONG Term.  

#HODL

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

I hear yea....

If 3 Months ago I placed $5K into each of these assets:

BTC $5,000

XRP $5,000

XLM $5000

Today I would be at

BTC $6,982.50 

XRP $4866.50

XLM $5267.00

Whats the most confusing to me is this...with all the great news around XRP and evidence of a real use case, vs. Bitcoin and its old tech and slowness....why does my Bitcoin continue to gain and XRP remains stagnant?

I'm just so bullish and a believer of XRP that I continue to be amazed at its lack of growth.

UNLESS (please don your tin-foil hat) - Global coordinated manipulation is intentional to keep XRP down until the major players are all set in their positions.  This would include involved players like RIPPLE, SWIFT, the IMF, World BANK, the SEC and many more.

I believe that the price and the plan is exposed to certain key global players who are slowly and inconspicuously building up their supply with a global date for "GO-LIVE" and "Mass-Adoption".

You can remove your tin-foil hats.......DYOR, but I'm going to stick with XRP for the LONG Term.  

#HODL

It really proves to me that the people investing are not doing their research properly.  Quite likely many of them are relying on the BTC dominated press and believing the anti-FUD which is getting more sophisticated.   The better the FUD works in causing XRP price to lag the more the idiots believe it   (for evidence look at the XRPchat thread about David Schwartz wallet where they tell us David is panic selling because "XRP is a sinking ship"). The really big money is investing in priming the XRP ecosystem or sitting on the sidelines ready to come in when they feel confident the market has already bottomed out and XRP has reached a critical mass required for adoption. 

I believe XRP has already reached critical mass although it might fall back before it rises.  I do not hesitate in buying more XRP every month and never selling my present investment however much it falls.

13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

It really proves to me that the people investing are not doing their research properly.  Quite likely many of them are relying on the BTC dominated press and believing the anti-FUD which is getting more sophisticated.   The better the FUD works in causing XRP price to lag the more the idiots believe it   (for evidence look at the XRPchat thread about David Schwartz wallet where they tell us David is panic selling because "XRP is a sinking ship"). The really big money is investing in priming the XRP ecosystem or sitting on the sidelines ready to come in when they feel confident the market has already bottomed out and XRP has reached a critical mass required for adoption. 

I believe XRP has already reached critical mass although it might fall back before it rises.  I do not hesitate in buying more XRP every month and never selling my present investment however much it falls.

I agree...I'm still accumulating too.  When this does hit I feel that some will kick themselves for being on the sidelines.  In other words, I think there will eventually be a large jump and XRP will never look back.

23 hours ago, Capone said:

I am an investor like everyone else

No argument here. 

However, if you *are* here because you believe in something bigger, then I *get that* too.  :victory:

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

No argument here. 

However, if you *are* here because you believe in something bigger, then I *get that* too.  :victory:

Hahaha, ok , let’s call Jihad on Bitcoin  :D