Posted (edited)

Thank the Sir first, now let me enjoy reading please :) 

Probably, certainly, awesome Hodor. G'job

------

12 minutes later --> Can confirm it was a damn nice read as usual! thnx

Edited by XRPfan_Eelco

I watched David's video right when I woke up, still 1 eye closed.

I felt he doesn't owe us anything, but the fact he did the gesture was heart warming. I am glad the surgery went without any incident and I wish him good and fast recovery.

Also he is fan of mmorpg's YAY image.png.39ddc45461f2188ea2160755a23e3d24.png

To some it may be a bit confusing but as a fan myself I understood the language / situations, and it was very funny !

Anywho, thank you @Hodor for the blog, I will get right into it !

@lucky  Thank you Lucky!  I had that bookmarked for later, but just realized how short it was and so I just now listened to it ... and what an amazing coincidence about the topic!!  You're not going to believe this, but my blog topic and David Schwartz was a complete coincidence!

I'm actually just floored right now ...

I loved @JoelKatz's take on it and how he related it to MMORPGs!  My own favorite back in the day was Diablo II, but that was years ago now ...

Just awesome. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the informative run down of activity in the burgeoning XRP ecosystem ( a word borrowed from biology).  As the ecosystem grows the inter-relationships between those at the centre and those on the periphery become ever more sophisticated, complex and interesting. An ecosystem does not have a common goal, but there are shared interests that make the parts interdependent and reliant on the health of the whole.  Returning to the man-made XRP ecosystem; much of the team-work between the central players and outsiders are self organising, sometimes parts on the periphery are adopted from the outside and taken to the centre .  Bob Way started as a forum contributor, migrated to become a member of the founding team and has recently migrated back to the periphery where he is setting up his own business. Many players, like for example Weitse Winde, are independent but so important that they are being gardened with funds from the centre even though they do not formally belong to the centre. 

Decentralisation is a buzz word of blockchain.  Distributed control is also seeping into models of how modern businesses are run.

Biology has long had terms for these relationships, and how they mutate.  In my school days we were taught to divide the parts into symbionts, epiphytes and parasites.  These terms are still current, but now the relationships are understood to be in constant flux. Modern biologist recognise that even genes are passed across horizontally as well as vertically, and whole organisms are engulfed and gardened inside the framework of an organising structure we call an organism.   New concepts of how the unity of biological systems are maintained are coming into the language; "embodiment" being one to describe how intelligence is distributed across an organism, "plasticity" to describe how the parts of an organism (particularly the brain) changes shape to adapt to fit changes in an environment (but what is evolution if it is not plasticity?). A new word I learnt today is interoception - that is awareness of the inside of an organism as opposed to perception which is awareness of what happens in the environment outside the organism.  (I diverge:  Interoception is directly linked to modes we call emotion, and emotion has a link with feelings and consciousness).

Anyway this word we choose to use to describe the organisation of the XRP community is ecosystem, a biological word.  It is really interesting to compare how the self organising relationships inside the XRP ecosystem are mimicking the relationships we find in biology.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Good read Hodor.

Didnt know about Bittrex. From 4 xrapid exchanges down to 3. Well, atleast we got one less exchange to keep track of volume on.

It seems like regulation is really killing xRapid. If exhange cant get license to trade xrp, image how hard is for banks to use it. =(

38 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

It is really interesting to compare how the self organising relationships inside the XRP ecosystem are mimicking the relationships we find in biology.

I just got lost in that post - pleasantly!  Thanks for that @Julian_Williams - I like the concept of interoception.  :JC_thinking:

30 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

From 4 xrapid exchanges down to 3

I would not jump to that conclusion just yet.  :JC_thinking:

Bittrex was being used prior to New York approving or not, so my guess is that Ripple and/or its partners will just adjust the flows to not include transactions that original there?  I'm just guessing; we'd need somebody from Ripple to confirm one way or the other. 

My guess would be that Bittrex would have a process to exclude customers from NY to do USD pair transactions, so Xrapid transactions should not involve USD orders which are not compliant.

3 hours ago, JannaOneTrick said:

I watched David's video right when I woke up, still 1 eye closed.

I felt he doesn't owe us anything, but the fact he did the gesture was heart warming. I am glad the surgery went without any incident and I wish him good and fast recovery.

Also he is fan of mmorpg's YAY image.png.39ddc45461f2188ea2160755a23e3d24.png

To some it may be a bit confusing but as a fan myself I understood the language / situations, and it was very funny !

Anywho, thank you @Hodor for the blog, I will get right into it !

I had to look up mmorpg. But I get the analogy.