Sign in to follow this  
itcdominic

I really don't see much talk about all the volume over the past 2 weeks

7 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Nice seeing volumes running $1.4B to $1.7B

I don't see this much increase in the other crypto's.

Hard to tell if that volume is real or not (assuming you're talking about CMC).  Openmarketcap/XRPCharts tell a different story.

Garlinghouse said at some point (can’t remember the interview) that the number one positive sign for XRP would be increasing volumes. It’s a huge deal, and I think it’s just the beginning. With volumes come market makers, who have to buy up the asset (and raise price).

11 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

The more fake volume there is, the worse it's for XRP

How would I know its fake volume?

Here is a question...if exchanges are a critical part of the xRapid solution.  and say Say customer A using Bank A is sending money to Customer B using Bank B and both bank A and bank B use exchange XYZ.

Would the Ripple ledger even record that transaction?  it would all be with in the exchange itself....correct?   

Posted (edited)

For a long period of time the total XRP trade volume was in the 100kk to 300kk USD.

The real XRP volume has at least doubled this month.

1c0063ae7ff6164cb45c924b20160825.png

It is sad there is no historic in the xrp charts, the best I can do is to make a comparison between the last 30 days to the last 7 days.

Let's see the ratio: 7 / 30 = 23%

Last 30 days volume:

cc516ff61249e9450709e6d9be36901f.png

Last 7 days volume:

a65c18ab98ea88c83a7a1315f9904e1e.png

3,815,554,286 / 10,668,767,949 = 35%

So, yes, the last 7 days had a bigger volume. I can't be more accurate than this considering the lack of data...

Edited by JannaOneTrick

Just now, JannaOneTrick said:

For a long period of time the total XRP trade volume was in the 100kk to 300kk USD.

The real XRP volume has at least doubled this month.

1c0063ae7ff6164cb45c924b20160825.png

Agreed...question is this xRapid?  or just retail volume?

16 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

How would I know its fake volume?

Here is a question...if exchanges are a critical part of the xRapid solution.  and say Say customer A using Bank A is sending money to Customer B using Bank B and both bank A and bank B use exchange XYZ.

Would the Ripple ledger even record that transaction?  it would all be with in the exchange itself....correct?   

I'm not saying that the actual volume increase in the past couple of weeks is entirely fake volume - no, there's some volume increase mainly because of BTC.

However, if you look at this - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets and you look at the top exchanges by volume - ZBG, Bit-Z, BW.COM, FAT.BG, ZB.COM (twice, this exchange should be the same as ZBG btw) - the volume from these exchanges is over 700M - I mean, really? There are a lot of articles out there that you can search for and that illustrate how many unique users per month any of these exchanges have.. there are very few exchanges with real volume e.g. Binance. One of the reasons these exchanges do so much wash trading is advertisement - you open up the BTC exchanges by volume and the top 10 you see are some completely anonymous crap exchanges.

To answer your other question - if two exchanges are hooked up to xRapid the transaction has to hit the XRP ledger, yes. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Paradox said:

@itcdominic I think you might find this site interesting:

https://www.bti.live/

Under the reports section, they offer detailed monthly reporting on exchange volume and other market surveillance activities.

Nice !

I am looking at the Market Surveillance Report of April, and there is a list of the top 500 most wash traded coins.

Just a few examples of the Wash Traded Volume over the Overall Trading Volume:

ETC: 84.81%

TRX: 84.79%

BTC: 65.21%

ADA: 63.21%

XRP: 56.79%

The link to the Wash Trading Volume chart:

https://my.rowshare.com/t/1545ade4d6c74910994f2a381b969fcf

Use the link above, then you can use the search bar.

Use this link instead if you have trouble with the link above:

https://www.bti.live/top-wash-traded-coins/

Here is the link for the report:

https://www.bti.live/reports-april2019/

So, if you now take a look at CMC, and look at the current Volume (24h): $1,710,951,033

On the XRP Charts, the last 24h volume: $555,033,734.53

If you apply the Wash Trading Volume ratio we found from the report: 56.79%

So, 1,710,951,033 x .5679 = $971,649,091 = Wash Traded Volume

1,710,951,033 - 971,649,091 = 739,301,942 = Real Volume ?

On XRP Charts, it shows 555,033,734.

The Wash Trading Volume ratio found from the BTI report should still be around the 56-ish %.

That's as far as I can go I think.

Edited by JannaOneTrick