Jump to content
JannaOneTrick

September tests from R3 Corda, conducted by Accenture, mentioned by Christine Lagarde

Recommended Posts

Interesting, and could be related. 

But I think - just like 1000s of others - I FOMOd in on the speculation something was going to happen. If everyone wants to have in a short term of period more XRP and thereby set higher prices on each new buy order it will rise quickly. 

Difficult to figure out what have been the real pushers / catalysators. Nonetheless I hope you are right and this will be continued by these parties :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRPfan_Eelco said:

But I think - just like 1000s of others - I FOMOd in on the speculation something was going to happen. If everyone wants to have in a short term of period more XRP and thereby set higher prices on each new buy order it will rise quickly. 

XRP pumped on 3 or 4 days in one week -- always started at the exact same time -- i don`t think this was caused by FOMO

on the last day, however, XRP went crazy and more than doubled in 24h -- surely some FOMO`d in at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JannaOneTrick said:

Currently, public blockchains supporting crypto-currencies operate at single or double digit per second performance, which until now was the only indication of the potential volume that a private DLT might be able to support.

Isn't XRP on a public blockchain? This wouldn't be XRP related then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, R3 asked Digital Assest to test XRP performance? This does not make any sense to me.

And they clearly mention performance of private DLT,  one they used to test this. Isnt xrpl public one?

Confused.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Isn't XRP on a public blockchain? This wouldn't be XRP related then. 

There is a lot of confusion between blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology.

A DLT is simply a decentralized database that is managed by various participants.

Blockchain is also a shared database – a log of records – but in this case shared by means of blocks that, as the name indicates, form a chain. The blocks are closed by a type of cryptographic signature called a ‘hash’.

XRP uses a DLT.

39 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

So, R3 asked Digital Assest to test XRP performance? This does not make any sense to me.

And they clearly mention performance of private DLT,  one they used to test this. Isnt xrpl public one?

Confused.

 

The press release does not say Accenture used the XRPL to perform this benchmark, but the Corda Settler, which is a private DLT or federated DLT.

Edited by JannaOneTrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JannaOneTrick said:

There is a lot of confusion between blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology.

A DLT is simply a decentralized database that is managed by various participants.

Blockchain is also a shared database – a log of records – but in this case shared by means of blocks that, as the name indicates, form a chain. The blocks are closed by a type of cryptographic signature called a ‘hash’.

XRP uses a DLT.

Oh yes, I did "obviously" know this. Just thought that they would refer to all cryptocurrencies as using "blockchain" technology. But perhaps did they not include XRP in the 'public blockchain' part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

Well, whoever was involved, Id like to send the following message 

DO IT AGAIN and this time don't stop!

Thanks

This is what I think will happen next. And many will be caught off guard and miss the initial opportunity to buy back in.

I personally fear selling on any pump and dump for fear while i'm out, it rockets to $50 and then I'd be a tad ****** off.....LOL  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...