Sign in to follow this  
XtraRarePeople

Facebook Coin. A threat to XRP?

Posted (edited)

From my understanding, the soon to be released Facebook Coin will be a stable coin comprised of a basket of fiat currencies not dissimilar to the SDR. If this is the case, do you guys see this as the same kind of threat, or lack of threat, that the JPM coin is to XRP in terms of its usage for cross-border payments? 

Edited by XtraRarePeople

34 minutes ago, XtraRarePeople said:

From my understanding, the soon to be released Facebook Coin will be a stable coin comprised of a basket of fiat currencies not dissimilar to the SDR.

Nathanial Popper is the source for that bit of intel 🤨

Yes its a threat. FB JP and others will use their own. 

But membbr berry!!!1! Its NoT a tHreAt iTs gOoD foR aDoPtiOn.

No its not. Facebook has a billion users and if they use fbcoin instead of xripcoin for everything then xrp has failed. if its going NOW for p2p after muh banks didn't work. Its called diversification away from xrpieee 50$ over night! !1!1! Gaming invest- robot invest -  entertainment industry invest- social xwelfare for sf invest- 

But mmembrrbrerris! 1!11!! They wont trust each other...

Eh they will trust me on this one. Fb users only send fb users coins and if that user is on the other side of the world its suddenly a CROSS BORDER FACEBOOKCOIN paymemt

5 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Eh they will trust me on this one. Fb users only send fb users coins and if that user is on the other side of the world its suddenly a CROSS BORDER FACEBOOKCOIN paymemt

Ah so KYC and AML is suddenly thrown out of the window? One happy Facebook family, problem solved? And no problem that Facebook does not only have access to all our personal details, our contacts, our messages, our surfing history, but now also to all our payments? Interesting!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lucky said:

KYC and AML 

Facebook is the definition of KYC AND AML its only a matter of WHEN the people will totally bend over.

Edited by MemberBerry
Sir bamboozling dont work for me! Plese do not try.

5 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Facebook is the definition of KYC AND AML its only a matter of WHEN the people will totally bend over.

It is just a matter of WHEN Europe and other countries says NO to such abusive power to make people totally bend over.

It still seems like it would be more monetizing community likes further backed by a basket of likes? Total followers per user would favor certain corridors on a community payment network? Is the liquidity going to be efficient?

1 minute ago, lucky said:

It is just a matter of WHEN Europe and other countries says NO to such abusive power to make people totally bend over.

According to the events around the world i DOUBT it.

Mass surveillance > EU and other countries will say no.

😂

Sorry sir

33 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Sir, you should buy facebook coin, sir. Also enjoy facebookcoinchat.com, sir.

43 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

But membbr berry!!!1! Its NoT a tHreAt iTs gOoD foR aDoPtiOn.

Can you tell me what this means? And when I ask "what this means", I am referring to the uppercase and lowercase letters you use when forming those words... the only thing I can come up with is you think people are responding to you with such ridiculous formatting... is that the case?... and if so, can you point me towards or provide a link where that has happened?.... thank you.

16 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

According to the events around the world i DOUBT it.

Mass surveillance > EU and other countries will say no.

😂

Sorry sir

FYI, in Europe AND the USA there is a LOT of discussion about this topic, and a growing awareness about what kind of society we are heading. Maybe you would happily use a wallet that is connected to your location, your contacts, and your information stream that is controlled by algorithms that have access to all this private data. Most people I know would say thanks, but no. But they don't even have to: regulators will say no. That's the reason of their existence: protect citizens from excessive abusive monopolistic power. You may think this is all a joke, and Zuckerberg can make us bend over and do whatever he and his advertisers have in mind with us, but I can assure you those days are over.