Ripple advertising?

CryptoGerrie

5 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

Same, so it seems what we call a “retargeting campaign”. So pixel tracking based on Ripple website visitors and so retargeting them via the google add network . Basically following the base.

however, with a clear strategy on b2b. Being also publicly open about it, targeting end consumers is kind of odd.

On a more positive note, they must be pretty damn sure about not being a security as this is direct consumer targeting (also not mentioning XRP directly.

food for thoughts for sure

3 hours ago, CryptoGerrie said:

Hi community,

Why is Ripple running an advertising campaign?? Although I have been in advertising for decades, I can’t get my head around it. Not directly XRP related, but like to hear your thoughts.

819568A7-3C0F-41E4-9A07-359E039FCF32.jpeg

Marketing costs are a component of customer acquisition costs. This is a good thing.

53 minutes ago, Mpolnet said:

Marketing costs are a component of customer acquisition costs. This is a good thing.

That I agree! But why not run a more specific targeted campaign b2b? Like linkedin or so. Unless you want to target end consumers...

12 minutes ago, CryptoGerrie said:

That I agree! But why not run a more specific targeted campaign b2b? Like linkedin or so. Unless you want to target end consumers...

"Get expert perspective on how to expand your payments business into Mexico and the Philippines–quickly capturing a $64B market opportunity and acquiring new customers." - that's from the Overview section. Maybe I'm missing something but to me this reads as more of a marketing event/info sessions for firms looking to integrate xRapid and start providing services around it to their customers. 

1 hour ago, Mpolnet said:

"Get expert perspective on how to expand your payments business into Mexico and the Philippines–quickly capturing a $64B market opportunity and acquiring new customers." - that's from the Overview section. Maybe I'm missing something but to me this reads as more of a marketing event/info sessions for firms looking to integrate xRapid and start providing services around it to their customers. 

This^.  This is an ad (trying to) target businesses (subsequently, executives within them) in the Financial sector with a potential interest to expand their payments into Mexico and the Philippines. It is an online webinar that will be held on 4/15/19. The content in the ad ("specifically, the "No-Prefunding" text) shows that the ad is meant to target those who even know what this means. However, I am sure Ripple is aware that retail investors will see this ad campaign as well, and as such, it should be taken as a good sign. 

5 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

This^.  This is an ad (trying to) target businesses (subsequently, executives within them) in the Financial sector with a potential interest to expand their payments into Mexico and the Philippines. It is an online webinar that will be held on 4/15/19. The content in the ad ("specifically, the "No-Prefunding" text) shows that the ad is meant to target those who even know what this means. However, I am sure Ripple is aware that retail investors will see this ad campaign as well, and as such, it should be taken as a good sign. 

This^ - and the fact that people making remittance payments are going to be spreading the word that company X is now much cheaper and faster than the old company Y that everyone was using. Word of mouth among foriegn workers sending money home should not be underestimated in this modern day of whatsapp etc. An easy tagline like "Runs on Ripple" is perfect for anyone saying - "you need one of those ripple people to send your money - I'm saving $x every week - as long as you get one of those ripple ones it'll be cheap". The brand name awareness will help adoption as customers then start asking their local money sending operators "are you using that ripple thing that everyone else has been telling me about?". etc. etc.

"Runs on Ripple" works for me - and it tells us that Ripple are signalling that the marathon is now well off the start line by starting to spread awareness much wider (assuming they are in fact funding this advertising).

1 hour ago, Hodlezerper said:

It seems to be advertising an online event, actually. 

Yes, if you look at the link, you can see they created this link themselves for this "online event".

https://ripple.com/faster-cheaper-payments/?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=xr_online_event

This link is composed of 2 parts.

https://ripple.com/faster-cheaper-payments/

and

?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=xr_online_event

The smaller link would be enough, but they generated a tracking link.

Notice the: Source + Medium + Campaign

While working in digital marketing I used this tool to create those links:

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

Here is how they made it:

e9fea87c5eee36e52df4326ecca52889.png

The purpose of doing those links is to collect and study statistics from Google Ads for example.

They could be launching this campaign through different sources like: Twitter / Facebook / Flyers with QR code (during events) / etc...

Then you can see, from Google Ads, which sources was the most successful (which generated the most links for example).

Edited by JannaOneTrick